Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Bargnani Be The Raptors First Option on Offense in 2010-11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Bargnani Be The Raptors First Option on Offense in 2010-11?

Bosh was the first option in 09-10.

He was the first option because getting the ball to him first maximzed the Raptors chances of scoring on any give offensive sequence. As a result the Raptors finished in the top five in points per game in 09-10.

The question for 10-11 will be

Should Bargnani become the first option on offense in 10-11?

1. Bargnani is not the Raptors most efficient scorer even when he is not the first option. IF he were to become the first option on offense he wold most assuredly be double teamed. This will make him even less efficient especially when one.considers that he rarely gets to the foul line

2. Bargnani only averaged in 12.6 ppg from inside the arc in 09-10.

Points Scored Inside the Arc Per 36 minutes
    -----------------------------------------
    1. Bosh--------23.6
    2. Bargnani----13.0
    3. Johnson-----12.7

The Raptors first option should not be a player who averages only 13.0 points per 36 minutes from inside the arc. Even with Bosh gone it is highly unlikely that Bargnani will increase his scoring from inside the arc that much. Davis and Johnson will be the Raptors primary low post scorers in 10-11.

DeRozan will average a lot more than 12.6 ppg from inside the arc in 10-11. Even Davis and/or Johnson should.

The first option on offense should be the Raptors most efficient scorer from inside that arc and in 10-11 that will most likely be either DeRozan, Davis or Johnson.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bargnan01.html
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Aug 21, 2010, 10:20 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.
Working...
X