Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julian Wright's Twitter Page

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Julian Wright's Twitter Page

    A couple things I wanted to point out.
    • He's changed his Twitter name to "Dinowright28".

      If you are following me (or not), I changed my name to @dinowright28 RT!!!!

    • He's probably going to have to change his name again because:
      Ok, I have to change my number again (lol) Barbosa is wearing 28 so what do you all think I should wear?

    • He's elected to use a background with the word rebirth. Really playing up the "fresh start" idea, huh?

    • He's loves the fans already!
      These Raptors fanatics are funny...! Makes for some fun interaction on Twitter, this season!


    I don't know man, I think if he comes to camp and busts his ass he has a chance to get some PT from time to time when they're looking for something different or to change things up. Some real hustle minutes and a few nice dunks and he'll win everyone over.

  • #2
    I agree, I think he's got a shot at playing some decent minutes if he plays hard defense. I think the biggest thing with cracking the rotation with Triano is that he knows what he's getting out of you. Look at Weems from last year, he wasn't doing anything spectacular, but he was consistently playing defense and hitting the mid-range shot that he was given. Contrast that with Belinelli who was a coin-toss every time he hit the floor. If Wright can play good, solid defense night in and night out, then he'll be a big part of the rotation.

    Comment


    • #3
      who is he battling for minutes? i mean who is playing what position? is it just him and kleiza playing the 3 or is weems or derozan going to be the playing 3, or is dd and sonny splitting time at the 2, this lineup is really mixed up position wise, everyone seems like combo players with no defined position yet. add barbosa and i wonder is he really the backup pg(NOOOOOOOOOOOO) or is he also batting for minutes at the 2. so many ?????'s
      No Dissrespect...
      With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

      Comment


      • #4
        as of sunday morning his page looked like it had sperm swimmers on it dinowright28
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

        Comment


        • #5
          Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
          who is he battling for minutes? i mean who is playing what position? is it just him and kleiza playing the 3 or is weems or derozan going to be the playing 3, or is dd and sonny splitting time at the 2, this lineup is really mixed up position wise, everyone seems like combo players with no defined position yet. add barbosa and i wonder is he really the backup pg(NOOOOOOOOOOOO) or is he also batting for minutes at the 2. so many ?????'s
          He'll be battling for minutes at both forward positions. When you consider that Amir and Ed will be asked to play center sometimes, Amir's foul troubles and the lack of depth at SF, there will be minutes to be had.

          Comment


          • #6
            Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
            who is he battling for minutes? i mean who is playing what position? is it just him and kleiza playing the 3 or is weems or derozan going to be the playing 3, or is dd and sonny splitting time at the 2, this lineup is really mixed up position wise, everyone seems like combo players with no defined position yet. add barbosa and i wonder is he really the backup pg(NOOOOOOOOOOOO) or is he also batting for minutes at the 2. so many ?????'s
            Who cares.

            Really

            Let's get real

            This is not about what is their natural position or their unnatural position.

            We aren't talking horizontal entertainment here

            This is about Triano putting the five most effective guys available on the court for a given situation in order to maximize the Raptors chances of winning the game that they are then playing.

            For example if Triano wants to go with and athletic pressing defensive unit because he feels it will generate a lot of turnovers and altered shots then maybe he goes with

            Davis
            Wright
            Johnson
            DeRozan
            Barbosa

            Not for a whole game of course or even 30 plus minutes.

            But I can envision the above five playing together especially against teams like the Hawks and the Thunder

            On the other hand against slower less athletic teams like the T-Wolves I can see

            Bargnani
            Anderson
            Kleiza
            Calderon
            Jack

            playing together

            Play the five guys for a given game or situation that will maximize the Raptors chances of winning.

            We are talking hoops here not horizontal entertainment.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

            Memories some so sweet, indeed

            Larger Photo of the avatar



            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just want him to play some defense and rebound. He doesn't have to score any points just play tough
              ya dun noe

              Comment


              • #8
                Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Who cares.

                Really

                Let's get real

                This is not about what is their natural position or their unnatural position.

                We aren't talking horizontal entertainment here

                This is about Triano putting the five most effective guys available on the court for a given situation in order to maximize the Raptors chances of winning the game that they are then playing.

                For example if Triano wants to go with and athletic pressing defensive unit because he feels it will generate a lot of turnovers and altered shots then maybe he goes with

                Davis
                Wright
                Johnson
                DeRozan
                Barbosa

                Not for a whole game of course or even 30 plus minutes.

                But I can envision the above five playing together especially against teams like the Hawks and the Thunder

                On the other hand against slower less athletic teams like the T-Wolves I can see

                Bargnani
                Anderson
                Kleiza
                Calderon
                Jack

                playing together

                Play the five guys for a given game or situation that will maximize the Raptors chances of winning.

                We are talking hoops here not horizontal entertainment.
                Dude.

                The T-Wolves are more athletic than you're making them out to be.

                Also, that first rotation shows WEAK defense in the guard slots, and unproven defense in the forward/center slots.

                That second rotation is 80% white, and do you really think Anderson will play PF while the other players on the floor are all lanky and slow too? Especially considering the newer athleticism of the T-Wolves?

                Believe it or not, Darko is touted as an athletic, defensive, center. He moves pretty well for his size (draft bust, or not).
                Beasley might not be the MOST athletic, but he's young, and moves pretty well (on the offensive end at the very least).

                Have you LOOKED at their roster lately?!?!?


                Michael Beasley F 6-10 235 01/09/1989 Kansas State 2
                22 Corey Brewer F 6-9 188 03/05/1986 Florida 3
                14 Brian Cardinal (FA) F 6-8 240 05/02/1977 Purdue 10
                19 Wayne Ellington G 6-4 200 11/29/1987 North Carolina 1
                10 Jonny Flynn G 6-0 185 02/06/1989 Syracuse 1
                32 Lazar Hayward F 6-6 225 11/26/1986 Marquette R
                4 Wesley Johnson F 6-7 205 07/11/1987 Syracuse R
                41 Kosta Koufos C 7-0 265 02/24/1989 Ohio State 2
                42 Kevin Love F-C 6-10 260 09/07/1988 UCLA 2
                31 Darko Milicic F-C 7-0 275 06/20/1985 Novi Sad, Serbia 7
                11 Aleksandar Pavlovic (FA) G-F 6-7 235 11/15/1983 Bar, Montenegro 7
                14 Nikola Pekovic F 6-11 243 01/03/1986 Montenegro R
                13 Luke Ridnour G 6-2 175 02/13/1981 Oregon 7
                34 Greg Stiemsma C 6-11 260 09/26/1985 Wisconsin R
                3 Sebastian Telfair G 6-0 175 06/09/1985 Abraham Lincoln HS (Brooklyn, NY) 6
                44 Anthony Tolliver F 6-9 243 06/01/1985 Creighton 2
                5 Martell Webster G-F 6-7 235 12/04/1986 Seattle Prep HS (WA) 5
                3 Damien Wilkins (FA) F-G 6-6 225 01/11/1980 Georgia 6
                It's about money

                Comment


                • #9
                  philwill wrote: View Post
                  Dude.

                  The T-Wolves are more athletic than you're making them out to be.

                  Also, that first rotation shows WEAK defense in the guard slots, and unproven defense in the forward/center slots.

                  That second rotation is 80% white, and do you really think Anderson will play PF while the other players on the floor are all lanky and slow too? Especially considering the newer athleticism of the T-Wolves?

                  Believe it or not, Darko is touted as an athletic, defensive, center. He moves pretty well for his size (draft bust, or not).
                  Beasley might not be the MOST athletic, but he's young, and moves pretty well (on the offensive end at the very least).

                  Have you LOOKED at their roster lately?!?!?


                  Michael Beasley F 6-10 235 01/09/1989 Kansas State 2
                  22 Corey Brewer F 6-9 188 03/05/1986 Florida 3
                  14 Brian Cardinal (FA) F 6-8 240 05/02/1977 Purdue 10
                  19 Wayne Ellington G 6-4 200 11/29/1987 North Carolina 1
                  10 Jonny Flynn G 6-0 185 02/06/1989 Syracuse 1
                  32 Lazar Hayward F 6-6 225 11/26/1986 Marquette R
                  4 Wesley Johnson F 6-7 205 07/11/1987 Syracuse R
                  41 Kosta Koufos C 7-0 265 02/24/1989 Ohio State 2
                  42 Kevin Love F-C 6-10 260 09/07/1988 UCLA 2
                  31 Darko Milicic F-C 7-0 275 06/20/1985 Novi Sad, Serbia 7
                  11 Aleksandar Pavlovic (FA) G-F 6-7 235 11/15/1983 Bar, Montenegro 7
                  14 Nikola Pekovic F 6-11 243 01/03/1986 Montenegro R
                  13 Luke Ridnour G 6-2 175 02/13/1981 Oregon 7
                  34 Greg Stiemsma C 6-11 260 09/26/1985 Wisconsin R
                  3 Sebastian Telfair G 6-0 175 06/09/1985 Abraham Lincoln HS (Brooklyn, NY) 6
                  44 Anthony Tolliver F 6-9 243 06/01/1985 Creighton 2
                  5 Martell Webster G-F 6-7 235 12/04/1986 Seattle Prep HS (WA) 5
                  3 Damien Wilkins (FA) F-G 6-6 225 01/11/1980 Georgia 6
                  Two flagrant fouls

                  1. Use of the term Dude in a derogatory manner
                  2. Racist reference

                  You are out of game. See ya. Don't kick a chair on the way to the tunnel.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                  Memories some so sweet, indeed

                  Larger Photo of the avatar



                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    charlz wrote: View Post
                    as of sunday morning his page looked like it had sperm swimmers on it dinowright28
                    It was sperm swimming into Eggs... REBIRTH! lol i thought it was kinda funny but i did wonder for a minute if aWright realized what it was

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      philwill wrote: View Post
                      Dude.

                      The T-Wolves are more athletic than you're making them out to be.

                      Also, that first rotation shows WEAK defense in the guard slots, and unproven defense in the forward/center slots.

                      That second rotation is 80% white, and do you really think Anderson will play PF while the other players on the floor are all lanky and slow too? Especially considering the newer athleticism of the T-Wolves?

                      Believe it or not, Darko is touted as an athletic, defensive, center. He moves pretty well for his size (draft bust, or not).
                      Beasley might not be the MOST athletic, but he's young, and moves pretty well (on the offensive end at the very least).

                      Have you LOOKED at their roster lately?!?!?


                      Michael Beasley F 6-10 235 01/09/1989 Kansas State 2
                      22 Corey Brewer F 6-9 188 03/05/1986 Florida 3
                      14 Brian Cardinal (FA) F 6-8 240 05/02/1977 Purdue 10
                      19 Wayne Ellington G 6-4 200 11/29/1987 North Carolina 1
                      10 Jonny Flynn G 6-0 185 02/06/1989 Syracuse 1
                      32 Lazar Hayward F 6-6 225 11/26/1986 Marquette R
                      4 Wesley Johnson F 6-7 205 07/11/1987 Syracuse R
                      41 Kosta Koufos C 7-0 265 02/24/1989 Ohio State 2
                      42 Kevin Love F-C 6-10 260 09/07/1988 UCLA 2
                      31 Darko Milicic F-C 7-0 275 06/20/1985 Novi Sad, Serbia 7
                      11 Aleksandar Pavlovic (FA) G-F 6-7 235 11/15/1983 Bar, Montenegro 7
                      14 Nikola Pekovic F 6-11 243 01/03/1986 Montenegro R
                      13 Luke Ridnour G 6-2 175 02/13/1981 Oregon 7
                      34 Greg Stiemsma C 6-11 260 09/26/1985 Wisconsin R
                      3 Sebastian Telfair G 6-0 175 06/09/1985 Abraham Lincoln HS (Brooklyn, NY) 6
                      44 Anthony Tolliver F 6-9 243 06/01/1985 Creighton 2
                      5 Martell Webster G-F 6-7 235 12/04/1986 Seattle Prep HS (WA) 5
                      3 Damien Wilkins (FA) F-G 6-6 225 01/11/1980 Georgia 6
                      They have three great big men. Unproven but great. Underrated too.

                      Darko Milicic is actually a good center. Very mobile, big, strong can rebound and block. His #2 selection is what kills him, but he's actually very good. Could easily average 10 10 2.

                      Nikola Pekovic is a great scorer. By great I mean incredible. He can score in the post so well, it's not even funny. He get's in there, he's not scared of anything, he'll just drop 2 on you everytime. Can't rebound though...

                      Kosta Koufos was a beast in college. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick, but fell all the way down to the Jazz who had quite a few big men starting ahead of him. He is a great rebounder scorer and blocker. He is just like Milicic without the draft bust status. Could develop into one of the best rebounders in the league, him and Milicic could BOTH start when they play big. Could form one the youngest biggest duo's in the league.

                      The timberwolves also added a young athletic and beasty player in Beasley, can play at the 3 and 4. They also managed to get one of my all-time favorite PGs Luke Ridnour. I loved him in Seattle, one of the best back-up PGs in the league. Great addition, especially as they have Flynn starting, and he's just crap. I don't quite get why they got Tolliver, when will he play? If he plays, when will Kosta play? And Beasley? But they have a great roster this year, with Johnson too. Quite an improvement... Definitely better than us.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        They have three great big men. Unproven but great. Underrated too.

                        Darko Milicic is actually a good center. Very mobile, big, strong can rebound and block. His #2 selection is what kills him, but he's actually very good. Could easily average 10 10 2.

                        Nikola Pekovic is a great scorer. By great I mean incredible. He can score in the post so well, it's not even funny. He get's in there, he's not scared of anything, he'll just drop 2 on you everytime. Can't rebound though...

                        Kosta Koufos was a beast in college. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick, but fell all the way down to the Jazz who had quite a few big men starting ahead of him. He is a great rebounder scorer and blocker. He is just like Milicic without the draft bust status. Could develop into one of the best rebounders in the league, him and Milicic could BOTH start when they play big. Could form one the youngest biggest duo's in the league.

                        The timberwolves also added a young athletic and beasty player in Beasley, can play at the 3 and 4. They also managed to get one of my all-time favorite PGs Luke Ridnour. I loved him in Seattle, one of the best back-up PGs in the league. Great addition, especially as they have Flynn starting, and he's just crap. I don't quite get why they got Tolliver, when will he play? If he plays, when will Kosta play? And Beasley? But they have a great roster this year, with Johnson too. Quite an improvement... Definitely better than us.
                        Darko - I have followed his NBA career pretty closely since he first signed with the Pistons.

                        The Good - Decent defender against slower heavy bigs, long and takes up a lot space. Above average passer for a big man. Willing to get physical with anyone and will give as good as he gets.

                        The Fair - Needs to get stronger and he still plays defense way too much with his hands, especially when starts tiring after about 20 minutes in a game. Can score on the low post if he can pin his defender to his advantage. Below average rebounder for big man. i was leaning on putting it in ugly but then I remembered Bargnani

                        The Ugly - His offense is very limited - In addition to taking his man off the dribble from a few feet from the basket, he likes to shoot a hook, will never be confused with Kareem, and a face up jumper, will never be confused with Amar'e. The first few minutes he is on the court can pretty much keep up in a transition game. After that he lags behind. He is like most heavyweight boxers. Good in the early rounds but tires quickly losing effectiveness as the contest moves on

                        Love - I am a big Bruins fan in all sports and have followed Loves career closely since the Bruins signed him to a letter of intent a few years back

                        The Good - High basketball IQ, exceptional passer for a big man, tenacious on the glass, plays hard

                        The Fair - His outside game is a work in progress. He has the ability to become a good outside shooter. Defense against select players.

                        The Ugly - The combination of being undersized and not being a great jumper or having an above average reach, really hurts his offense around the glass. It also prevents him from being the best rebounder in the NBA. Defense - If Bird played today his eyes would light up if Love were guarding him, even at Bird's current age. Very injury prone. Due to that I have some serious concerns about whether or not he will play more than 10 years in the league.

                        Pekovic - I haven't seen him play. Lets see what he can do in 10-11 for the T-Wolves.
                        Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Aug 22, 2010, 03:23 PM.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                        Memories some so sweet, indeed

                        Larger Photo of the avatar



                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Apollo wrote: View Post
                          A couple things I wanted to point out.

                          • He's probably going to have to change his name again because:

                          • He's elected to use a background with the word rebirth. Really playing up the "fresh start" idea, huh?

                          • He's loves the fans already!


                          I don't know man, I think if he comes to camp and busts his ass he has a chance to get some PT from time to time when they're looking for something different or to change things up. Some real hustle minutes and a few nice dunks and he'll win everyone over.
                          all he needs is five minutes of hustle for two games and he'll be a fan favourite for the entire season. we need to increase our expectations of players becoming fan favourites, we're too soft.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                          Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As long aS he put s the effort on Defense and shows some emotion he'll be liked.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Killingjoke wrote: View Post
                              As long aS he put s the effort on Defense and shows some emotion he'll be liked.
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                              Memories some so sweet, indeed

                              Larger Photo of the avatar



                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X