WOW! Didn't See This Coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    BC may have to put JJ on the market now.
    If anything, I think this only solidifies that Jack is going nowhere. Considering we don't have any other options, we can't rely on Banks and Barbosa to take over the PG duties full time.

At this point, I can only hope we enter the lottery again next summer and can get our hands on Kyrie Irving from Duke. We need a great facilatator and fast.

Comment

What a tough summer for Calderón.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        If anything, I think this only solidifies that Jack is going nowhere. Considering we don't have any other options, we can't rely on Banks and Barbosa to take over the PG duties full time.

At this point, I can only hope we enter the lottery again next summer and can get our hands on Kyrie Irving from Duke. We need a great facilatator and fast.
        I hate this defeatist lottery mentality especially in the summer

Being involved with anything and having a negative defeatist attitude just generates negative karma all around and this is never a good thing.

I sure hope the Raptors players have a lot more positive attitude about 10-11 than a number of posters do. That is 4sure.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I think that just because BC had a deal in place for Calderon that we falsely assume he likes Jack better. I think he'd trade either for the right return.

Right now we have too many people who can play the 1 and not enough who can play 3 or 5. I don't think Calderon can be legitimately traded before he shows he is healed, so it probably will be Jack. I'm okay with that. Calderon and DD start and Barbosa backs them both up as 6th man ala Jason Terry. If Calderon remains hurt and Barbosa starts with Banks as a backup and we suck but that's a better chance to take than starting the season with 4 guys who can play point can't defend especially with holes in other places.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            I hate this defeatist lottery mentality especially in the summer

Being involved with anything and having a negative defeatist attitude just generates negative karma all around and this is never a good thing.

I sure hope the Raptors players have a lot more positive attitude about 10-11 than a number of posters do. That is 4sure.
            Sorry Buddah. I don't think of it as "negative defeatist attitude" but "positive passive, we're young, we're going to stink attitude" instead.

Don't get me wrong. I'm actually looking forward to this season, but this team is far from being anything fantastic this season.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              Doesn't this basically kill any trade value that he might have had?
              I'll bet he did this on purpose, cuz he loves Toronto so much he doesn't want to be traded

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                Sorry Buddah. I don't think of it as "negative defeatist attitude" but "positive passive, we're young, we're going to stink attitude" instead.

Don't get me wrong. I'm actually looking forward to this season, but this team is far from being anything fantastic this season.
                Far from anything fantastic. RFLMAO
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  RFLMAO
                  rolling floor laughing my ass off, interesting.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Calderon out of worlds tourney with leg injury.

Spain's Calderon out of worlds with leg injury
                    Posted Aug 23 2010 9:36AM

MADRID (AP) -- Spain point guard Jose Manuel Calderon will miss the basketball world championships after hurting his leg in an exhibition against the United States.

Tests Monday revealed the Toronto Raptors player tore a muscle in his left leg in Sunday's 86-85 loss. Calderon had headed to the locker room late in the game. He went scoreless with three assists.

The Spanish federation says Calderon needs four weeks to recover.

The 28-year-old was part of Spain's 2006 world champion team and won Olympic silver two years ago in Beijing.
                    Calderon says "there is not much to say. It's a pity I was injured at the last minute."
                    The world championships run from Aug. 28-Sep. 12 in Turkey.
                    http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/23/c....html?rss=true

Comment

Good news: Calderon expected to be ready for camp.

Bad news: There hasn't been any interest in Jose for weeks apparently.

The Raptors, according to league sources, haven’t had a serious enquiry about Calderon for weeks and expect to begin the season with him and Jarrett Jack vying for the starting point guard spot.
                      Source - Doug Smith - Toronto Star

Comment

so im guessing we definitely cannot trade him now?
                        No Dissrespect...
                        With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
                          so im guessing we definitely cannot trade him now?
                          Given his injury history problem and the size of his contract it appears it would be difficult to trade him unless Calderon was not the main focus of the trade. As a secondary or tertiary piece he might be tradable

Just my opinion.

Comment

So it looks like this injury to him may have closed the Avery Bradley instead of Jose chapter in Raptors Republic history.

Mourners welcome to vent

Comment

Jose aka The Spanish X Ray, strikes again.

Comment

Doug Smith weighs in with his usual brilliant insight.

And, yes, he was hurt at the Beijing Olympics and had some issues for part of the season – he missed a whopping 14 games that year – but he also posted career highs in points and assists that season.

As for the trade part of it all? Well, since I didn’t think they really needed to move him anyway, it’s entirely a non-factor from this viewpoint.

You’ve probably heard me say this before but Jose’s a good NBA player, not nearly the liability so many of you think, and with two veteran point guards who play different styles leading a team of mainly young kids, that’s a good thing, not a bad one.
                                http://ht.ly/2tVWX

Comment

Working...
                                X