Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirChillyMost
    replied
    Folks may be dissing Banks but he's currently the best defensive pg on the Raptor's roster.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Banks like Billups played for the Celtics early on in his career, so you never know

One guess which one is Marcus

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CBkQ9QEwAA

Leave a comment:

• James Ballswin (Realizar)
    replied
    Another possible benefit from Jose's injury could be earned by giving Marcus Banks some extended minutes. If Banks can demonstrate some veteran savvy, it might sufficiently increase his trade value above being just another expiring contract and draw a trade suitor for his services early in the season.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Doug Smith weighs in with his usual brilliant insight.

http://ht.ly/2tVWX

Leave a comment:

• SirChillyMost
    replied
    Jose aka The Spanish X Ray, strikes again.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    So it looks like this injury to him may have closed the Avery Bradley instead of Jose chapter in Raptors Republic history.

Mourners welcome to vent

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
    so im guessing we definitely cannot trade him now?
    Given his injury history problem and the size of his contract it appears it would be difficult to trade him unless Calderon was not the main focus of the trade. As a secondary or tertiary piece he might be tradable

Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Afro_Daddy
    replied
    so im guessing we definitely cannot trade him now?

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Good news: Calderon expected to be ready for camp.

Bad news: There hasn't been any interest in Jose for weeks apparently.

The Raptors, according to league sources, haven’t had a serious enquiry about Calderon for weeks and expect to begin the season with him and Jarrett Jack vying for the starting point guard spot.
    Source - Doug Smith - Toronto Star

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    Calderon out of worlds tourney with leg injury.

Spain's Calderon out of worlds with leg injury
    Posted Aug 23 2010 9:36AM

MADRID (AP) -- Spain point guard Jose Manuel Calderon will miss the basketball world championships after hurting his leg in an exhibition against the United States.

Tests Monday revealed the Toronto Raptors player tore a muscle in his left leg in Sunday's 86-85 loss. Calderon had headed to the locker room late in the game. He went scoreless with three assists.

The Spanish federation says Calderon needs four weeks to recover.

The 28-year-old was part of Spain's 2006 world champion team and won Olympic silver two years ago in Beijing.
    Calderon says "there is not much to say. It's a pity I was injured at the last minute."
    The world championships run from Aug. 28-Sep. 12 in Turkey.
    http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/23/c....html?rss=true

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    RFLMAO
    rolling floor laughing my ass off, interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Sorry Buddah. I don't think of it as "negative defeatist attitude" but "positive passive, we're young, we're going to stink attitude" instead.

Don't get me wrong. I'm actually looking forward to this season, but this team is far from being anything fantastic this season.
    Far from anything fantastic. RFLMAO

Leave a comment:

• DaBlenda
    replied
    Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Doesn't this basically kill any trade value that he might have had?
    I'll bet he did this on purpose, cuz he loves Toronto so much he doesn't want to be traded

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I hate this defeatist lottery mentality especially in the summer

Being involved with anything and having a negative defeatist attitude just generates negative karma all around and this is never a good thing.

I sure hope the Raptors players have a lot more positive attitude about 10-11 than a number of posters do. That is 4sure.
    Sorry Buddah. I don't think of it as "negative defeatist attitude" but "positive passive, we're young, we're going to stink attitude" instead.

Don't get me wrong. I'm actually looking forward to this season, but this team is far from being anything fantastic this season.

Leave a comment:

• aintno4s
    replied
    I think that just because BC had a deal in place for Calderon that we falsely assume he likes Jack better. I think he'd trade either for the right return.

Right now we have too many people who can play the 1 and not enough who can play 3 or 5. I don't think Calderon can be legitimately traded before he shows he is healed, so it probably will be Jack. I'm okay with that. Calderon and DD start and Barbosa backs them both up as 6th man ala Jason Terry. If Calderon remains hurt and Barbosa starts with Banks as a backup and we suck but that's a better chance to take than starting the season with 4 guys who can play point can't defend especially with holes in other places.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X