Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Top Raptors Myths & Misconceptions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Your Top Raptors Myths & Misconceptions?

For the past few years, when talking to Raptors fans, many people had this belief that Chris Bosh was a FRANCHISE / MAX PLAYER that HAD TO be resigned, or that Bosh was a #1 guy on a championship team. (people really believed that)

Now that Bosh is gone, most people have come to their senses, and realized bosh really wasn't that great, and we're better off without him.

So what are some more myths or misconceptions about this team that grind your gears ??

My top 3 are:

1. "We cant fire BC cuz there is no one else on planet Earth that could replace him."

Right, cuz the hundreds or even thousands of people who have experience in nba front offices or former players and gm's dont exist. Dont be fooled by the rich spoiled brat son of Jerry Colangelo who only got his job because his dad owned the team who now runs this used car salesman technique of making you think the young gunz have Bentley potential when really they are all just the used up spare parts from other teams.

2. "Jose is great at running an offense."

While jose may drop some nice dimes and keep his turnovers down, the fact is during his time with the raps, who can you really say has benefited from having jc run the offense. the only thing we can prove is that almost everyone (Kapono, Graham, Parker, Moon, Turkoglu, J.O., etc) have struggled offensively with the raps. bosh would get his numbers eitehr way, so is jose that good at running an offense ?

3. "Hey atleast we made the playoffs !!"

Since when in toronto did finishing at the worst position possible to make the playoffs mean success ? I cant believe how many people think finishing 8th and losing in the 1st round is considered successful. Why is the goal to "just make the playoffs" and "let cindarella take over from there." For small markets like utah, okc, and miluakee next year, do you think the fans will be happy if their team loses in the 1st round ?

1) That Bosh wasn't really that good and we're better off without him.

Don't state it as fact, prove it.

2) That Bargnani is out from under the 'shadows' and will be better offensively and develop defensively.

He was never in the shadows and took as many shots per game as far better players than him last year. Until he gets to the line more he will not be as efficient offensively and he has no post up game so it will be difficult to get to the line more often for him, not to mention that he might have to see some double teams. No comment defensively.

3) That the 'Young Gunz' are the future of this franchise.

I like Amir, DeRozan and Weems but until the Raps actually get some top tier talent to build around (Ed Davis has the most potential for me currently) they will continue to languish in medicroty at best, and have a sweet marketing scheme to show for it along with 50 losses.

Comment

"Nobody wants to play in Canada."

Comment

1) No Americans want to play in Canada
        This is classic Canadian victim mentality, and I hear it here in Edmonton all the time with the Oilers as well. Canadians need to realize that winning attracts players, when the Raptors were doing well, free agents were signing here. As well, there are many others franchises in the NBA that are not signing "big name" players (only a few teams signed big names this summer).

2) Raptor players shouldn't play in the World Championships (or other non-NBA tournaments)
        This is a complaint for owners and only owners. Fans should appreciate the opportunity to see the best players in the world compete in a sport they like watching. Injuries happen... fact! There are quite a few players injuring themselves in workouts lately as well, let's uprise and demand players stop working out in the offseason. I hate that Calderon got hurt, but it was a similar tournament a few years ago that Calderon came back from a more confident and improved player.

3) Chris Bosh should have signed a max deal and stayed in TO
        Although this would have created more optimism this year, Chris Bosh was and never will be a franchise player that can lead a team to a championship. He will make a great complimentary piece in Miami with the guy that the Raps should have drafted. Put it this way, I don't think there is much argument out there in Cleveland on whether or not Lebron was a franchise player.

Comment

Winning with Bosh and Bargs

The only way that Toronto could have won with Bosh and Bargs is if they could have added a third talent like Kevin Durant, Brandon Roy, Chris Paul or Danny Granger. (you could add Rose, maybe Igoudala) Bargs and Bosh would then be like an Odom and Gasol to a true all-star.

BTW, Wasn't Hedo supposed to be the Turkish Kobe?

Comment

I have one.

There are hundred and thousands of qualified NBA GMS that can better run the raptors than BC, and a good amount of them can be found on Raptors Republic. Please forward your resume's to jobs@raptors.com;

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
              The only way that Toronto could have won with Bosh and Bargs is if they could have added a third talent like Kevin Durant, Brandon Roy, Chris Paul or Danny Granger. (you could add Rose, maybe Igoudala) Bargs and Bosh would then be like an Odom and Gasol to a true all-star.

BTW, Wasn't Hedo supposed to be the Turkish Kobe?
              they made it work by adding shawn marion and then they ditched him.

and hedo was supposed to be the turkish michael jordan.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Misconception
                That MLSE (insert mind-control comments here) has any real committment to assemble a contending team. They are motivated by profit and increasing their investment value, if they need to spend money to increase (or get) play off gate receipts it is only a means to an end.

Myth
                That Toronto will ever be able to assembe enough talent, and keep them long enough, to win a Championship.

Comment

with me as gm they could.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Myth: As long as BC is in charge Bargnani will never get traded

Misconception: Just because Bargnani was second last season to Bosh in scoring he is destined to become the Raptors main scorer and go to guy in 2010-11.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      [B]

Misconception: Just because Bargnani was second last season to Bosh in scoring he is destined to become the Raptors main scorer and go to guy in 2010-11.

I think that might be the most sure thing of an extremely unsure season.... only because Bargs is a good (not great) scorer on a team full of non-scorers... the second most likely would be Jarret Jack (who would be a real stretch to reach 15ppg) or Weems (Derozan is not polished enough yet).
                      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                        1) That Bosh wasn't really that good and we're better off without him.

Don't state it as fact, prove it.

2) That Bargnani is out from under the 'shadows' and will be better offensively and develop defensively.

He was never in the shadows and took as many shots per game as far better players than him last year. Until he gets to the line more he will not be as efficient offensively and he has no post up game so it will be difficult to get to the line more often for him, not to mention that he might have to see some double teams. No comment defensively.

3) That the 'Young Gunz' are the future of this franchise.

I like Amir, DeRozan and Weems but until the Raps actually get some top tier talent to build around (Ed Davis has the most potential for me currently) they will continue to languish in medicroty at best, and have a sweet marketing scheme to show for it along with 50 losses.
                        FYI on your first myth!!

Top Ten Reasons Raptor Fans Are Happy Bosh Is Gone
                        By RaptorTalk

These are the Top Ten Reasons that make Raptor fans very happy that Chris Bosh is no longer a member of the Toronto Raptors.

10. No more lame “MVP” chants

9. The embarrassment known as Blaine Harrington has left the building

8. Good riddance to Hadi

7. Can stop pretending Chris Bosh is a "franchise" player

6. More room at the ACC with Bosh’s massive ego gone

5. We’re not the one’s over-paying Bosh and his wonky knees for six years

4. Will see ball movement on offence again

3. No more attention whore tweets from "The Quitter on Twitter"

2. Someone new to boo besides Vince

1. Toronto smells better now

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
                          I have one.

There are hundred and thousands of qualified NBA GMS that can better run the raptors than BC, and a good amount of them can be found on Raptors Republic. Please forward your resume's to jobs@raptors.com;
                          Best one yet!

Comment

1. toronto is crap city(its not best city in the North america)
                            2. bosh was a good leader
                            ya dun noe

Comment

Working...
                            X