Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 NBA Power Rankings: Every Team's Best & Worst Offseason Moves - Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 NBA Power Rankings: Every Team's Best & Worst Offseason Moves - Toronto Raptors

Toronto Raptors

Best move: Signing Linas Kleiza to a four-year, $19 million deal

The Raptors managed to lure Kleiza back from overseas, with promises of substantial playing time in the coming seasons. At $19 million, the signing is certainly a bargain that promises to produce positive returns.

Worst move: Signing Amir Johnson to a five-year, $34 million deal

Amazingly, Johnson is still only 23 years old and hasn't reached his potential. But how much potential does he actually have? That's the million-dollar question, or in this case, the $34-million question. The Raptors appear to have overpaid for a player who has battled foul trouble throughout his career and contributed little. The returns on this deal won't be in for a couple of years.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-moves#page/29
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

New Amir Johnson Photo

Photo: Amir Johnson, taken on Aug. 24, 2010 while practicing at the ACC.

Comment

I think at the end of the season those two could very well be switched, depending on how the roster changes.

I think in the end their best move was ed davis and their worst will have been their failure to address the PG situation (unless they do...there's still lots of time).

Comment

haha, i get it amir is a punching bag cause he's constantly getting bashed.

i don't think he's getting bashed because of his contratc more so because of buddahfan. since rules in this forum prevent posters from bashing other posters they bash amir.

it is quite a big contract, i mean if sonny shows more than johnson this season imagine what his contract might be 5 yrs 40mill.?

the imagine what derozan's might be since he's the most touted out of the three. it has to worry you a bit.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Typically Colangelo's best moves are those that are off the radar. Examples in the past are JaMario Moon, Carlos Delfino, Sonny Weems and Amir Johnson. This year that diamond in the rough could be Julian Wright, a guy with a chip on his shoulder. He has a lot of talent and a lot to prove. In Toronto he get's a fresh start and a fair chance at PT if he works hard and does what Jay asks.

Comment

who do you think is the best out of that group? as of like their first years here, ti's prolly delfino.

Comment

Delfino was highly inconsistent. I would say Sonny or JaMario. Amir didn't get enough opportunities playing behind Bosh and Bargnani.

Comment

I don't mean to beat a dead horse (well, maybe I do, lol) but what does it say about the brains of the basketball operations when the fan base considers your best moves to be along the lines of Delfino, Moon, Weems and Amir???

Those are decent players and I hope Johnson, and Weems become even better players but how come no one wonders why this guy in his time here has never hit a homerun or even a triple, getting a player by draft, trade, or signing that turned out to be a real steal???

Comment

He moved a 2nd rounder for Delfino which he later turned into Weems and Johnson. If that's not a steal then I need someone to explain to me what that term means.

Comment

maybe, moon,j. oneal and a first rounder for banks and marion was not a steal. but, we got a player who fit our system and played perfectly to comp[liment bosh and bargnani in the forntcourt and as we later found out, later as in now, banks is actually a decent player.

again maybe not a steal but we got two players who complimented our system for two players who were basically dumped after they were traded.

and sleepz you are beating a horse's decomposed corpse as it's been dead for 4 years.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      maybe, moon,j. oneal and a first rounder for banks and marion was not a steal. but, we got a player who fit our system
                      Not a great move considering they initially gave up a 1st rounder to get Jermaine and then flipped him a half year later while again giving up another 1st rounder... And Marion left in the summer.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        He moved a 2nd rounder for Delfino which he later turned into Weems and Johnson. If that's not a steal then I need someone to explain to me what that term means.
                        A steal in what way? If you get a player that you thought was a bum and he turns out to be average is this what we're calling a steal nowadays.

Shrewd move maybe? I try to reserve steal for better circumstances and better players.

Ask Milwaukee if they thought the Delfino for Weems and Johson trade was as a 'steal' and Hammond will tell you he got the better end of the deal.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Not a great move considering they initially gave up a 1st rounder to get Jermaine and then flipped him a half year later while again giving up another 1st rounder... And Marion left in the summer.
                          he never left we signed andtraded him because we wouldn't sing him to 10 mill. a year contract, in the meantime his replacement was a player who was the same age who wasn't used properly and was a lazy prick who we payed over 10 million a year.

the only reason colangelo is still here is because he can quickly rid of his mistakes and start over,but, he can't manage to hold a team together and build something good.

in phoenix he had nash, amare, and marion but he surrounded them with scrubs and it didn't work out in an nba chapionship, even though they made it to the conference finals i think they're team was a lot better this previous year than the previous conference finals team.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                            I don't mean to beat a dead horse (well, maybe I do, lol) but what does it say about the brains of the basketball operations when the fan base considers your best moves to be along the lines of Delfino, Moon, Weems and Amir???

Those are decent players and I hope Johnson, and Weems become even better players but how come no one wonders why this guy in his time here has never hit a homerun or even a triple, getting a player by draft, trade, or signing that turned out to be a real steal???
                            +1. I thought I was the only one criticising BC, he clearly is not that good at managing(see classic overpaying of role players, failed big trades, lost draft picks)..

Comment

bleacher report. nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X