Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 NBA Power Rankings: Every Team's Best & Worst Offseason Moves - Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleepz wrote: View Post
    A steal in what way? If you get a player that you thought was a bum and he turns out to be average is this what we're calling a steal nowadays.

Shrewd move maybe? I try to reserve steal for better circumstances and better players.

Ask Milwaukee if they thought the Delfino for Weems and Johson trade was as a 'steal' and Hammond will tell you he got the better end of the deal.
    A steal is when you get significantly more value you back than what you send out.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      he never left we signed andtraded him because we wouldn't sing him to 10 mill. a year contract, in the meantime his replacement was a player who was the same age who wasn't used properly and was a lazy prick who we payed over 10 million a year.

the only reason colangelo is still here is because he can quickly rid of his mistakes and start over,but, he can't manage to hold a team together and build something good.

in phoenix he had nash, amare, and marion but he surrounded them with scrubs and it didn't work out in an nba chapionship, even though they made it to the conference finals i think they're team was a lot better this previous year than the previous conference finals team.
      I know what went down. He did leave. To go somewhere else you have to leave the place you're in. Landing Hedo turned out to be absolutely brutal.

Comment

I think BC's best off season move was drafting Davis.

None of the other moves this summer will turn out to be even close.

Davis will prove to be easily one of the top ten if not top five picks in last June's draft.

He was a steal at #13.

P.S. As everyone knows I was not sold on this pick at the time that it happened. But after watching Davis play in Las Vegas I fee pretty confident that he will become a very very good player and definitely a steal at #13

People can bring up other player's in the past who have shined in the LVSL and turned out to be duds.

But for me it is not a matter of numbers when it comes to the LVSL.

It is a matter of how they shoot the ball, which is the same regardless of what league you play in.

How you react to shots in order to grab the rebound which is the same regardless of what league you play in. Rebounding is mostly effort and just knowing where the missed shot will carom to. The league is irrelevant.

There are other things that I look for in a big to judge his potential.

Davis has it all except like we all know he needs to get stronger and get experience. Both of those will come 4sure.

He also has very good basketball blood lines.
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Aug 24, 2010, 03:06 PM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly about Davis. I actually like him more than any other big in the draft in terms of present and future fit with this team. Cousins has more ability today and potential tomorrow, but players who come out of college with a bad attitude almost always have growing pains and by the time Cousins has outgrown his immature ways he might be on his way out of town. Favors is as unfinished a product as Josh Smith was and his career just narrowly avoided being a calamity. Monroe has talent and a unique skill set, but bigs with bad motors and invisibility problems are not ones I would like to bank on.

I couldn't believe Davis slid so far and while his ceiling isn't the highest, I think he is ready to contribute right away at a high level and will never be a distraction on or off the court. He seems like the player the team has been searching for since Oak left.

I don't know if you can really credit BC with taking Davis though, he fell into his lap and unless he was obsessed with Bradley, it was as big a no brainer as there was in the draft.

I think Beli for Wright is going to go down as one of BC's finest singles, it actually makes me hope Klieza sucks or gets hurt.

Comment

The only reason I didn't pick Ed was because at 13 he was a no brainer. Most had him going in the top 10.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
              Yeah I agree wholeheartedly about Davis. I actually like him more than any other big in the draft in terms of present and future fit with this team. Cousins has more ability today and potential tomorrow, but players who come out of college with a bad attitude almost always have growing pains and by the time Cousins has outgrown his immature ways he might be on his way out of town. Favors is as unfinished a product as Josh Smith was and his career just narrowly avoided being a calamity. Monroe has talent and a unique skill set, but bigs with bad motors and invisibility problems are not ones I would like to bank on.

I couldn't believe Davis slid so far and while his ceiling isn't the highest, I think he is ready to contribute right away at a high level and will never be a distraction on or off the court. He seems like the player the team has been searching for since Oak left.

I don't know if you can really credit BC with taking Davis though, he fell into his lap and unless he was obsessed with Bradley, it was as big a no brainer as there was in the draft.

I think Beli for Wright is going to go down as one of BC's finest singles, it actually makes me hope Klieza sucks or gets hurt.
              You must have missed the article on another website where the blogger in chief interviewed a reporter who follows the Hornets. This guy stated and supported it with numbers that Wright was fairly ineffective at the #3 but played a lot better at the #4. He also gave his reasons on why he thinks that Wright has had problems playing the #3. SB Nations - Raptors HQ but don't quote me on it.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                bleacher report. nuff said.
                I heard that monkeys with a capability of 30 words / hour wrote this stuff at Bleacher HQ. Amir is going to be a bargain.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  You must have missed the article on another website where the blogger in chief interviewed a reporter who follows the Hornets. This guy stated and supported it with numbers that Wright was fairly ineffective at the #3 but played a lot better at the #4. He also gave his reasons on why he thinks that Wright has had problems playing the #3. SB Nations - Raptors HQ but don't quote me on it.
                  I actually did read that and while it makes sense I don't think the raps need another PF, espiecially one who isn't an above average rebounder at that position. If he played at the 4, who would play center? You couldn't put Bargs there and I don't think the team gets enough offense with a Wright/Johnson or Wright/Davis pairing. I like him at the 3 for his rebounding ability which should off set Barg's deficiencies there.

I'm really excited to see some of the potential lineups the raps can throw out. How bout a Jose, Derozan, Wright, Johnson, Davis. Super atheltic, defensive minded and deadly in transition with a steady hand on offense to run more traditional half court sets.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I know what went down. He did leave. To go somewhere else you have to leave the place you're in. Landing Hedo turned out to be absolutely brutal.
                    ya, he left like hedo left orlando because the team didn't offer him the money he wanted. sometimes i wish that hedo didn't doop portland.

what would it be like we would prolly be straight up crap or we might be decent,but, at least it wouldn't be an emotional rollercoaster.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If Davis wouldn't of gotten injured he would of been a top 10 pick for sure. I'm not sure why people say he doesn't have a high ceiling for potential, because out of everybody in the top 15 I would say he has the most. Ed addresses one of the all time glaring holes with our franchise: A young, defense first pf who had one of the top jumping touches in the draft. Our biggest glaring hole being an all-star point guard. Ed is the kind of player you want to have as a cornerstone of your franchise.

Comment

I actually did read that and while it makes sense I don't think the raps need another PF, espiecially one who isn't an above average rebounder at that position. If he played at the 4, who would play center? You couldn't put Bargs there and I don't think the team gets enough offense with a Wright/Johnson or Wright/Davis pairing. I like him at the 3 for his rebounding ability which should off set Barg's deficiencies there.

I'm really excited to see some of the potential lineups the raps can throw out. How bout a Jose, Derozan, Wright, Johnson, Davis. Super atheltic, defensive minded and deadly in transition with a steady hand on offense to run more traditional half court sets.
                        If you want athletic I would go: Barbosa, Weems, Demar, Johnson, Bargs. Thats gotta be one of the fastest of all time!

Comment

I'm really excited to see some of the potential lineups the raps can throw out. how bout a jose, derozan, wright, johnson, davis. super atheltic, [color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]defensive minded[/color] and deadly in transition with a steady hand on offense to run more traditional half court sets.
                          bahahahahahah
                          Last edited by vinnie_paz; Tue Aug 24, 2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                            If Davis wouldn't of gotten injured he would of been a top 10 pick for sure. I'm not sure why people say he doesn't have a high ceiling for potential, because out of everybody in the top 15 I would say he has the most.
                            what ?

more than john wall ?
                            Last edited by vinnie_paz; Tue Aug 24, 2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I agree that Wright will play the #3. The question I have after reading that article is how good can he play it now and in the future. If that article is too believed right now he has to be seen at the #3 strictly as a defensive play in very limited situations.

Comment

Best move: Drafting Davis. Trading Turk for Barbosa. Davis will be a top 5 player from this draft in 3 years looking back- in my mind. Barbosa will be TO's 6th man extraordinaire- if healthy.

Worst move: Not trading Jose before his FIBA injury. Now Jose is almost guaranteed to be in Camp come October and in TO for at least 1/2 a season, talk about uncomfortable- especially if they force feed Jose minutes in order to trade him or if Jose stays injury plagued all season long. I hope Jay/BC play talent over contracts.

Btw- Don't rely on articles, JWright can play the 3, but more over just put him out there and let him play without worrying about sf or pf semantics. His long arm energy defense will be the most beneficial to the Rap's, JW aka JDub doesn't need to worry about scoring much as long as he just brings consistent energy off the bench w/ the D.

Comment

Working...
                                X