Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 NBA Power Rankings: Every Team's Best & Worst Offseason Moves - Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    ... He has a lot of talent and a lot to prove. ...
    Talent? He cannot throw a brick in the ocean...

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      I agree that Wright will play the #3. The question I have after reading that article is how good can he play it now and in the future. If that article is too believed right now he has to be seen at the #3 strictly as a defensive play in very limited situations.
      I never really understand how one guy can be so much more effective playing one position over another when the differences between the two are negligible as is the case with SF and PF. With Wright I hope that either he was a bad fit in NO`s system that structured thier SF duties around Peja`s skill set or he hit on CP3`s sister and subsequently got frozen out of the offense. I`m biased because I used to watch him with particular zeal at Kansas and thought he was going to be a beast in the pros. Once while over-hydrated I claimed his ceiling was just under Durant`s, a claim while absurd now was only mildly absurd back when they both were in college.

Wright strikes me as a guy in a similar situation to Amir last year. He needed a fresh start from a team that had given up on him, needs minutes without pressure and a point guard like Jose to ease him into the offense and put him in situations where he can succeed with a high efficiency.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        I never really understand how one guy can be so much more effective playing one position over another when the differences between the two are negligible as is the case with SF and PF. With Wright I hope that either he was a bad fit in NO`s system that structured thier SF duties around Peja`s skill set or he hit on CP3`s sister and subsequently got frozen out of the offense. I`m biased because I used to watch him with particular zeal at Kansas and thought he was going to be a beast in the pros. Once while over-hydrated I claimed his ceiling was just under Durant`s, a claim while absurd now was only mildly absurd back when they both were in college.

Wright strikes me as a guy in a similar situation to Amir last year. He needed a fresh start from a team that had given up on him, needs minutes without pressure and a point guard like Jose to ease him into the offense and put him in situations where he can succeed with a high efficiency.
        are you trying to be funny ?

yea im sure chris paul had a personal grudge against j. wright and refused to set him up like he did EVERYONE ELSE.

Comment

Best move of the offseason is the departure of Bosh. Weren't he in Miami, we'd be discussing how good the team built around him is, and in a few months we'd be discussing what went wrong with the team built around him, as we've been doing in the last few years.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
            Talent? He cannot throw a brick in the ocean...
            I've never seen his rock throwing skills in action so I cannot comment. What I can tell you is that he can throw a ball in a basket and do so 50% of the time. That's his three year pro FG%, 50%.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
              Best move: Drafting Davis. Trading Turk for Barbosa. Davis will be a top 5 player from this draft in 3 years looking back- in my mind. Barbosa will be TO's 6th man extraordinaire- if healthy.

Worst move: Not trading Jose before his FIBA injury. Now Jose is almost guaranteed to be in Camp come October and in TO for at least 1/2 a season, talk about uncomfortable- especially if they force feed Jose minutes in order to trade him or if Jose stays injury plagued all season long. I hope Jay/BC play talent over contracts.

Btw- Don't rely on articles, JWright can play the 3, but more over just put him out there and let him play without worrying about sf or pf semantics. His long arm energy defense will be the most beneficial to the Rap's, JW aka JDub doesn't need to worry about scoring much as long as he just brings consistent energy off the bench w/ the D.
              That's It I can stand anymore of this sloppy debate on Easy Ed's future.

Time to start a poll on it.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post

I am shocked, simply shocked that a hoops authority like you would ask this question.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                X