Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 NBA Power Rankings: Every Team's Best & Worst Offseason Moves - Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddahfan
    replied
    mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I never really understand how one guy can be so much more effective playing one position over another when the differences between the two are negligible as is the case with SF and PF. With Wright I hope that either he was a bad fit in NO`s system that structured thier SF duties around Peja`s skill set or he hit on CP3`s sister and subsequently got frozen out of the offense. I`m biased because I used to watch him with particular zeal at Kansas and thought he was going to be a beast in the pros. Once while over-hydrated I claimed his ceiling was just under Durant`s, a claim while absurd now was only mildly absurd back when they both were in college.

Wright strikes me as a guy in a similar situation to Amir last year. He needed a fresh start from a team that had given up on him, needs minutes without pressure and a point guard like Jose to ease him into the offense and put him in situations where he can succeed with a high efficiency.
    I am shocked, simply shocked that a hoops authority like you would ask this question.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Best move: Drafting Davis. Trading Turk for Barbosa. Davis will be a top 5 player from this draft in 3 years looking back- in my mind. Barbosa will be TO's 6th man extraordinaire- if healthy.

Worst move: Not trading Jose before his FIBA injury. Now Jose is almost guaranteed to be in Camp come October and in TO for at least 1/2 a season, talk about uncomfortable- especially if they force feed Jose minutes in order to trade him or if Jose stays injury plagued all season long. I hope Jay/BC play talent over contracts.

Btw- Don't rely on articles, JWright can play the 3, but more over just put him out there and let him play without worrying about sf or pf semantics. His long arm energy defense will be the most beneficial to the Rap's, JW aka JDub doesn't need to worry about scoring much as long as he just brings consistent energy off the bench w/ the D.
    That's It I can stand anymore of this sloppy debate on Easy Ed's future.

Time to start a poll on it.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    dn66 wrote: View Post
    Talent? He cannot throw a brick in the ocean...
    I've never seen his rock throwing skills in action so I cannot comment. What I can tell you is that he can throw a ball in a basket and do so 50% of the time. That's his three year pro FG%, 50%.

Leave a comment:

• pistol pete
    replied
    Best move of the offseason is the departure of Bosh. Weren't he in Miami, we'd be discussing how good the team built around him is, and in a few months we'd be discussing what went wrong with the team built around him, as we've been doing in the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie_paz
    replied
    I never really understand how one guy can be so much more effective playing one position over another when the differences between the two are negligible as is the case with SF and PF. With Wright I hope that either he was a bad fit in NO`s system that structured thier SF duties around Peja`s skill set or he hit on CP3`s sister and subsequently got frozen out of the offense. I`m biased because I used to watch him with particular zeal at Kansas and thought he was going to be a beast in the pros. Once while over-hydrated I claimed his ceiling was just under Durant`s, a claim while absurd now was only mildly absurd back when they both were in college.

Wright strikes me as a guy in a similar situation to Amir last year. He needed a fresh start from a team that had given up on him, needs minutes without pressure and a point guard like Jose to ease him into the offense and put him in situations where he can succeed with a high efficiency.
    are you trying to be funny ?

yea im sure chris paul had a personal grudge against j. wright and refused to set him up like he did EVERYONE ELSE.

Leave a comment:

• mo-sales
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I agree that Wright will play the #3. The question I have after reading that article is how good can he play it now and in the future. If that article is too believed right now he has to be seen at the #3 strictly as a defensive play in very limited situations.

Leave a comment:

• dn66
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    ... He has a lot of talent and a lot to prove. ...
    Talent? He cannot throw a brick in the ocean...

Leave a comment:

• SirChillyMost
    replied
    Best move: Drafting Davis. Trading Turk for Barbosa. Davis will be a top 5 player from this draft in 3 years looking back- in my mind. Barbosa will be TO's 6th man extraordinaire- if healthy.

Worst move: Not trading Jose before his FIBA injury. Now Jose is almost guaranteed to be in Camp come October and in TO for at least 1/2 a season, talk about uncomfortable- especially if they force feed Jose minutes in order to trade him or if Jose stays injury plagued all season long. I hope Jay/BC play talent over contracts.

Btw- Don't rely on articles, JWright can play the 3, but more over just put him out there and let him play without worrying about sf or pf semantics. His long arm energy defense will be the most beneficial to the Rap's, JW aka JDub doesn't need to worry about scoring much as long as he just brings consistent energy off the bench w/ the D.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    I actually did read that and while it makes sense I don't think the raps need another PF, espiecially one who isn't an above average rebounder at that position. If he played at the 4, who would play center? You couldn't put Bargs there and I don't think the team gets enough offense with a Wright/Johnson or Wright/Davis pairing. I like him at the 3 for his rebounding ability which should off set Barg's deficiencies there.

I'm really excited to see some of the potential lineups the raps can throw out. How bout a Jose, Derozan, Wright, Johnson, Davis. Super atheltic, defensive minded and deadly in transition with a steady hand on offense to run more traditional half court sets.
    I agree that Wright will play the #3. The question I have after reading that article is how good can he play it now and in the future. If that article is too believed right now he has to be seen at the #3 strictly as a defensive play in very limited situations.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie_paz
    replied
    Nick wrote: View Post
    If Davis wouldn't of gotten injured he would of been a top 10 pick for sure. I'm not sure why people say he doesn't have a high ceiling for potential, because out of everybody in the top 15 I would say he has the most.
    what ?

more than john wall ?
    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Tue Aug 24, 2010, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie_paz
    replied
    I'm really excited to see some of the potential lineups the raps can throw out. how bout a jose, derozan, wright, johnson, davis. super atheltic, [color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]defensive minded[/color] and deadly in transition with a steady hand on offense to run more traditional half court sets.
    bahahahahahah
    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Tue Aug 24, 2010, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    I actually did read that and while it makes sense I don't think the raps need another PF, espiecially one who isn't an above average rebounder at that position. If he played at the 4, who would play center? You couldn't put Bargs there and I don't think the team gets enough offense with a Wright/Johnson or Wright/Davis pairing. I like him at the 3 for his rebounding ability which should off set Barg's deficiencies there.

I'm really excited to see some of the potential lineups the raps can throw out. How bout a Jose, Derozan, Wright, Johnson, Davis. Super atheltic, defensive minded and deadly in transition with a steady hand on offense to run more traditional half court sets.
    If you want athletic I would go: Barbosa, Weems, Demar, Johnson, Bargs. Thats gotta be one of the fastest of all time!

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    If Davis wouldn't of gotten injured he would of been a top 10 pick for sure. I'm not sure why people say he doesn't have a high ceiling for potential, because out of everybody in the top 15 I would say he has the most. Ed addresses one of the all time glaring holes with our franchise: A young, defense first pf who had one of the top jumping touches in the draft. Our biggest glaring hole being an all-star point guard. Ed is the kind of player you want to have as a cornerstone of your franchise.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I know what went down. He did leave. To go somewhere else you have to leave the place you're in. Landing Hedo turned out to be absolutely brutal.
    ya, he left like hedo left orlando because the team didn't offer him the money he wanted. sometimes i wish that hedo didn't doop portland.

what would it be like we would prolly be straight up crap or we might be decent,but, at least it wouldn't be an emotional rollercoaster.

Leave a comment:

• mo-sales
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    You must have missed the article on another website where the blogger in chief interviewed a reporter who follows the Hornets. This guy stated and supported it with numbers that Wright was fairly ineffective at the #3 but played a lot better at the #4. He also gave his reasons on why he thinks that Wright has had problems playing the #3. SB Nations - Raptors HQ but don't quote me on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X