Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Mean Anything? - Amir Tweets Asking What Fans Think of Anthony Becoming A Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im sure basketball players (who have played on the same team and are like brothers) go around tweeting the business of their former teammates..

how pissed would melo be if he found out amir was going around tweeting that melo is even thinking of signing with toronto...

only buddah finds significance in a tweet from amir jouhnson

chanuncey: hey amir, guess what.. i just heard from melo that he is being traded to toronto... dont tell nobody...

amir : oh that's great chauncey that's just great... dont worry i wont tell.

please players have a lot more respect for each other than to go around spreading rumors about each other...

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
      im sure basketball players (who have played on the same team and are like brothers) go around tweeting the business of their former teammates..

how pissed would melo be if he found out amir was going around tweeting that melo is even thinking of signing with toronto...

only buddah finds significance in a tweet from amir jouhnson

chanuncey: hey amir, guess what.. i just heard from melo that he is being traded to toronto... dont tell nobody...

amir : oh that's great chauncey that's just great... dont worry i wont tell.

please players have a lot more respect for each other than to go around spreading rumors about each other...
      Is Amir mad or happy about this news?

Comment

I hate Twitter...like most social networking vehicles, it is dumbing down our communication skills and certain people are getting confused between news reporting and personal banter.

Comment

yea im sure carmelo or the nuggets or the team acquiring melo would appreciate it if amir broke the news that melo is leaving the nuggets...

maybe he called melo and said hey before you or the organizations involved report the news to all your fans, can I tweet the news first even though we have never even played together or in the same conference ??

and then melo was probably like YEA AMIR, we can be like the new sonny and demar.... go get em amir !!

Comment

A trade centered on Bargs for Melo

All I can say is if BC lands Anthony he'll look like the biggest genius since Einstein. You can build a team around Melo. (Bargs, Calderon straight up for Carmelo. I've gotta stop this fantasizing. Coming down is too hard)

Comment

40 to 60 percent chance? There is no way in hell the likely hood of a melo to tdot trade happening are this high. Of course anyone who watches the NBA would agree melo would be a great fit in Toronto even if it was only for one season. That being said I think that given the raptors roster I don't see any chance of landing him unless we take on a large contract such as nene and part with the tpe or we take on jr smith and his baggage in the deal. As for what we would have to give up, if anything less then bargnani and our first rounder is offered up I can't see Toronto being an enticing enough option for the nuggets. But to contradict myself a but I don't think toroto would be a horrible option for melo in the short term. He would be the hero of a whole country if he led them to contention, he has friends on the raps, the young core we bag complements his game nicely since he wouldn't have anyone eating into his fg attempts, he could get away from a potentially awkward and long season with the nuggets (jr fiasco, already said he wants out, team on the decline) and most importantly he keeps his options open. What I mean by that is he will be harassed all year to sign an extension in Denver, in t.o. however he could get away with the same Attitude as bosh had last year keeping his intentions to himself and all the while be a part of a young team that with him being a part of the roster is possibly a piece away from contending with Miami.

Comment

Shit you guys are on some serious crap right now to be even talking about Carmelo to the the raptors

Comment

Please, Buddah. Stop. Seriously.

This isn't even remotely entertaining nor possible.

*sigh*

You are far too easily swooned.
                  Joshua Priemski
                  NBA blogger
                  SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                  www.RufusOnFire.com/
                  www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                    Please, Buddah. Stop. Seriously.

This isn't even remotely entertaining nor possible.

*sigh*

You are far too easily swooned.
                    +100

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                      +100
                      All I'm saying is that 1/3 of the threads in these forums were started by Buddah, and most are ill-advised speculation and dreams.
                      Joshua Priemski
                      NBA blogger
                      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                      www.RufusOnFire.com/
                      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        I am getting a sense that something may be in the works here and maybe pretty close

Not as strong as with Bosh going to Miami as those of you who were around a few month ago remember me creating a thread along those lines when everyone thought Bosh was going to Houston.
                        no way bosh to miami ?? you predicted that ? oh wow ! i would have NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought bosh and miami...

was it the amount of cap space that miami was creating ? and how at that time, miami were one of only TWO teams who could afford TWO MAX PLAYERS...

wow buddah, you should change your name to miss cleo...

can you predict where kobe bryant will finish his career ?

here's a hint...kobe is 32, has 4 years left on his contract with the lakers, and HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE...

ooooh i wonder what will happen.. too bad i dont have the "sense" like you do...

Comment

Buddah if you really think there is a 40% chance of Melo coming here you need to get a clue.

It is not higher then 1% I would guess closer to .01%

You have to realize what triggered this:

Lebron/Wade/CB4 joining forces made Melo realize he needs to join with mega stars to have a chance and does not see Denver as serious contenders.

He is not going to want to wait and hope our young players develop as even if he was here we would not be serious contenders for a few years.

40 percent makes you look stupid.

Really dude for a guy who posts on here you really think you would have a little more comon sense...

It's just sad really!!!!

Sorry to be throwing you under then bus again but dude Cmon lets get some common sense.

40 bleepin percent Melo is a Raptor...Ha

I can't believe 4 pages where posted on this...I am starting to miss the Collison talk...lol

Comment

no comment

Comment

Reggie has just joined the conversation

What if we had melo in T.Dot this season. 4 minutes ago via Touiteur
                              http://twitter.com/ReggieEvans30
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                                no way bosh to miami ?? you predicted that ? oh wow ! i would have NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought bosh and miami...

was it the amount of cap space that miami was creating ? and how at that time, miami were one of only TWO teams who could afford TWO MAX PLAYERS...

wow buddah, you should change your name to miss cleo...

can you predict where kobe bryant will finish his career ?

here's a hint...kobe is 32, has 4 years left on his contract with the lakers, and HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE...

ooooh i wonder what will happen.. too bad i dont have the "sense" like you do...
                                Find one article dated before my post which was originally posted on May 27, 2010 and later edited on May 30, 2010 that says Bosh is going to Miami.

Now I am not talking about an article that mentions Bosh as a possibility in Miami but an article that said he will probably sign with the Heat.

Go ahead please. I would love you to prove me wrong and make your day.

To make sure that I don't miss it. Please send me a private message with the appropriate link.

Thanks
                                Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Aug 31, 2010, 10:04 PM.
                                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X