Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Be The Raptors Captain In 2010-11? Did An Amir Tweet This AM Tell Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Be The Raptors Captain In 2010-11? Did An Amir Tweet This AM Tell Us?

At the airport headed to the ATL...going to meet up wit captain Jack #somewhereinatlanta....@ShenekaAdams what up! 29 minutes ago via Echofon
    http://twitter.com/IamAmirJohnson

1. Was this another hidden meaning tweet from Amir?

2. The "c" on Captain was not capitalized so maybe Amir was just using that well known term "captain Jack" as used in the TV commercials

3. Maybe this Jack is not even Jarrett Jack

4. Then again a lot of people think that Jack will become the Raptors captain in 10-11 so maybe Amir was just breaking in the term in advance of the player vote.

Trying to read a hidden meaning into Amir's tweets is like trying to find the hidden meaning in Bob Dylan's songs.

However, I am probably one of the very few if not only person in the world who tries to find hidden meanings in Amir's tweets whereas probably tens if not hundreds of thousands of Dylan fans over the decades have tried to find hidden meanings in Dylan's songs.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    http://twitter.com/IamAmirJohnson

1. Was this another hidden meaning tweet from Amir?

2. The "c" on Captain was not capitalized so maybe Amir was just using that well known term "captain Jack" as used in the TV commercials

3. Maybe this Jack is not even Jarrett Jack

4. Then again a lot of people think that Jack will become the Raptors captain in 10-11 so maybe Amir was just breaking in the term in advance of the player vote.

Trying to read a hidden meaning into Amir's tweets is like trying to find the hidden meaning in Bob Dylan's songs.

However, I am probably one of the very few if not only person in the world who tries to find hidden meanings in Amir's tweets whereas probably tens if not hundreds of thousands of Dylan fans over the decades have tried to find hidden meanings in Dylan's songs.
    Buddha <3 Amir. HAAHAHHA

I hope Bargs becomes captaaain. But yeah, I think either Jack or Kleiza will be our captain next year. And the one who isn't will be vice.

Comment

Just look for allot of underrated players to step up, work together, and prove allot of people wrong. Jack is the one natural leader that comes to mind, but I think its going to be a joint effort which will include: Jack, Jose, Weems, Kleiza, Bosa, Derozan and Amir.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        Buddha <3 Amir. HAAHAHHA

I hope Bargs becomes captaaain. But yeah, I think either Jack or Kleiza will be our captain next year. And the one who isn't will be vice.
        After the GQ shoot I think Bargs gets "Vice" with no one even close
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

jarret jack has to be the captain everyone seems to listen to him
          ya dun noe

Comment

Bargs deserves to be Captain just because of that photo shoot...

But on a semi-serious note, clutching at straws much?

Comment

Rapzilla wrote: View Post
              Bargs deserves to be Captain just because of that photo shoot...

But on a semi-serious note, clutching at straws much?
              Naw having some summer fun

The team players will determine who deserves it.

Bargs will probably get all the votes of the International players.

I don't know if he will get more than that

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                Buddha <3 Amir. HAAHAHHA

....Really? Kleiza? Really?

I don't know if there's a precedent but I think that making a player the captain for his first season with the team would be absurd. Can anybody come up with an instance where this has occurred before?

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post

I don't know if there's a precedent but I think that making a player the captain for his first season with the team would be absurd. Can anybody come up with an instance where this has occurred before?
                  Maybe with Fisher when he returned to the Lakers, but that of course is not the same as this situation.

Other than that I would say it occurs on every 1st season expansion team in any league

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post

He's the only guy on our team who can actually lead a team and has lead a winning team. When did John Havliciek become captain? I think pretty early. Not sure though...

Comment

Yikes. Jack as captain, he's probably the most reasonable choice, but that dude is pretty volatile in terms of body language for my liking. He can convey some very mixed messages when things aren't going his way.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        Yikes. Jack as captain, he's probably the most reasonable choice, but that dude is pretty volatile in terms of body language for my liking. He can convey some very mixed messages when things aren't going his way.
                        Maybe the team will pick someone like Reggie?

Say what

Buddahfan, I think you have a hole in your screen door

Who goofed I got to know

http://www.johnspeedie.com/healy/healybytes.html
                        Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Sep 3, 2010, 01:20 PM.

Comment

If we're talking long term then I think amir should probably be captain... Demar is a long term raptor but he won't make the cut due to his level of maturity. If we're talking about captain for this upcoming season (which the title more than suggests) then I believe it should go to Jack. Amir should and most probably will down the road.

Comment

Oh crap I forgot about Jose! Meh, he might not even be here before the start of training camp...

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                              Yeah I agree, Jack is quite the fair-weather leader. Sometimes he looks so damned sulky it's almost comical. I'm surprised Jose hasn't been given the call for captain, for obvious reasons he's been the best candidate for a couple of seasons; of course, the recent attempts to trade him have all but eliminated any chance of that happening. BTW, Buddahfan, I loved your comment on the recent web article by Golden State of Mind where you completely cut up the writer's claims about Amir. Apparently you have a vindictive side that we rarely see here at RR. Good form.

"All of you Bay area writers are well known for making stuff up.

You are no exception

Cheers from Los Angeles, the only great city in CA"

Haha. Good form.

Comment

Working...
                              X