Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Be The Raptors Captain In 2010-11? Did An Amir Tweet This AM Tell Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think its jarret jack by default. if this were imaginary world we as raptor fans to finnaly see andrea bargnani be the leader now tht CB is out the door. maybe linas kleiza can step up too...
    http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
      Do you listen to yourself?
      Who cares what Wright said? Accountable? Who held Wright accontable for being an idiot on the court and thinking he was the new offensive weapon and stealing shots from far better players? Who held Wright accountable for dissing teamates in the media?
      Jack should have also kept his mouth shut. Leaders do not do their leading in the media.
      Wright was and is a bum. Jack while vocal enough to be the team's leader should not be simply because he spoke out to the media rather than internally.
      As for Mitchell having swag maybe in your neck of the woods, but both B.C. and Triano put him to shame in the fashion department.
      No one held Wright or any other Raptor accountable for their on court play as Turk got busted for being in a club not for not playing D- that's my point.lol Wright is far from a bum if he was a bum he wouldn't be in Sacramento right now he'd be with Hassan Adams, Will Solomon, Jake Voshkul, Roko Ukic or the many other current non NBA roster palyers that BC has acquired during his tenure as Pres/GM of TO.

Jack should have, would have, could have......but he was doing Jay's job- one that Jay wasn't fully prepared for. If Jay was holding players accountable then Jack wouldn't have needed to say anything at all via the media- but Jay wasn't.

If you think that BC & Jay put Sam to shame in the fashion department you must be the Stevie Wonder of fashion awareness.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
        Dry drama drag??? Save that incoherent nonsensical expression for your boys...Your sense of style is as out of touch as Sam's ability to get the most out of his players. Sam overachieved??? He had a good team in 06/07 that happened to be in the worst division and an overall weak conference that season, with the end result of a first round exit in the playoffs? My point again, is that if Sam was such a great head coach he would be doing that somewhere in the league and not just a "top" assistant.
        BC understood that Sam had lost control of that 07/08 team and the end result was another first round and out and it didn't get any better after 17 games of the 08/09 season and HE made the RIGHT decision to fire his ass.
        You also fail to consider the fact that Jay is coaching along side some of the leagues best and that experience is very valuable. The differences in play is not that great and the point is that he should be able to get that "leadership ability" developed better from his time around those great coaches. Not to mention a better understanding of team defense and all the other areas that a successful team works on to achieve that success.
        That is your opinion on Sam's coaching situation and it holds no water as after his firing at 8-9 the Raptor's did even worse under Jay finishing up at a 25-40 clip- do the math. If being one game under .500 is considered losing control of the team to you then what is finishing up at 15 games under .500- regaining the team?lol

I don't care who Jay coached, coaches next to his leadership abilities are severly lacking and can't be helped no matter how many new roster players the Raptor's turn over or how many clip boards he breaks over his knee- really scary.lol Leadership comes from within not from rubbing shoulders with other so called great coaches at this late stage in Jay's coaching game- Jay is what he is- a buddy of, not a leader of.

If Jay didn't understand NBA team defense concepts and all the other areas that successful NBA teams work on ie STRUCTURE, DEFENSE & ACCOUNTABILTY, to achieve success then why was he hired in the 1st place- because he's a Canadian? See it. Believe it. Achieve it- not.

No wonder Bosh left this BC (Bull Chit) wonderland of fallacy, that now has Bargnani as the Franchise player, for the vision of Riley.

Riley's vision > BC's (aka Bull Chit) vision.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
          No one held Wright or any other Raptor accountable for their on court play as Turk got busted for being in a club not for not playing D- that's my point.lol Wright is far from a bum if he was a bum he wouldn't be in Sacramento right now he'd be with Hassan Adams, Will Solomon, Jake Voshkul, Roko Ukic or the many other current non NBA roster palyers that BC has acquired during his tenure as Pres/GM of TO.

Jack should have, would have, could have......but he was doing Jay's job- one that Jay wasn't fully prepared for. If Jay was holding players accountable then Jack wouldn't have needed to say anything at all via the media- but Jay wasn't.

If you think that BC & Jay put Sam to shame in the fashion department you must be the Stevie Wonder of fashion awareness.
          Wright is and was a BUM. He was the most useleass player who got minutes last year, and people ridicule banks who has always showed better than Wright.
          And whether a coach does something or not is no reason for a player to speak out against the coach and his teamates in the media, especially a reserve guard like Jack and a bum like Wright; only losers do so.
          A job Jay wasn't prepared for? You really are whacko aren't you. Jay has been coaching successfully and leading teams alot longer than Jack or Wright have ever done so, and in the IQ and game knowledge department is light years ahead of both. The fact that you or I or anyone else does not like his methods does not say he is unprepared to coach.
          Also you and those bums accuse Jay of not holding Bargs accountable; where does it exactly say that other than that's what you've surmised because you hate Bargs?
          They needed much more accountability than Bargs ever dd. Wright never did what he was asked of and hence he's gonzo, and Jack is a great hustle player who has moreleadership ability than Jose, but nowhere near the talent. Whoi held Jack accountable for all those head down out of control drives when hethought he had to be the offensive saviour?

Comment

Anyone who was not in the locker room most of the time during 09-10 is not basing their comments on what actually went down but rather on hearsay and on imaginative thinking.

When it comes to what is written in the media about what takes place in a locker room, it is best to take it with more than just a grain of salt. In fact I would say that it is best to disregard it as something that someone needed to write in order to make a deadline.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Anyone who was not in the locker room most of the time during 09-10 is not basing their comments on what actually went down but rather on hearsay and on imaginative thinking.

When it comes to what is written in the media about what takes place in a locker room, it is best to take it with more than just a grain of salt. In fact I would say that it is best to disregard it as something that someone needed to write in order to make a deadline.
              You're absolutely right

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

How do I make my plus 1 big and red?

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  How do I make my plus 1 big and red?
                  I would tell you but in this case I must remain humble - Humble when have you even heard of that word yet alone actually shown some humility here.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Wright is and was a BUM. He was the most useleass player who got minutes last year, and people ridicule banks who has always showed better than Wright.
                    And whether a coach does something or not is no reason for a player to speak out against the coach and his teamates in the media, especially a reserve guard like Jack and a bum like Wright; only losers do so.
                    A job Jay wasn't prepared for? You really are whacko aren't you. Jay has been coaching successfully and leading teams alot longer than Jack or Wright have ever done so, and in the IQ and game knowledge department is light years ahead of both. The fact that you or I or anyone else does not like his methods does not say he is unprepared to coach.
                    Also you and those bums accuse Jay of not holding Bargs accountable; where does it exactly say that other than that's what you've surmised because you hate Bargs?
                    They needed much more accountability than Bargs ever dd. Wright never did what he was asked of and hence he's gonzo, and Jack is a great hustle player who has moreleadership ability than Jose, but nowhere near the talent. Whoi held Jack accountable for all those head down out of control drives when hethought he had to be the offensive saviour?
                    If that's how you feel about AWright so be it but at least he would D up players.

If there was structure inside the Rap's organization players most likely wouldn't speak out as there would be other protocols to be followed before venting to the media. Btw- Jack is now projected to be the Rap's starting pg & he was a starter last season when TO played its best basketball while Jose aka The Spanish X Ray was out with another nagging injury.

Jay wasn't prepared to be a NBA head coach- point blank, he got his training camp, preached defense- then once the season began forgot about defense all together instead focusing on TO offensive stats whenever questioned about the Rap's lack of D. Whatever Jay's basketball IQ & knowledge is it hasn't translated over as the Rap's head coach- maybe he should stick to FIBA, because he's leading TO nowhere fast.

Jay got the talent that Sam should have had and under achieved with it. Jay aka Teddy Tight Suit, will lead TO back the the Lottery again his season after another year of breaking clip boards on the sidelines to no avail. Plus, all one had to do was look at the no accountability era Jay instilled in TO that took a certified pre season NBA playoff roster str8 back to Lottery- after enjoying 2 playoff seasons under Sam including a Division Title.

Did I ever say that I hate Barg's? Hate is a strong word, buddy, something only a fanatical (fan) would relate to a sports figure thus I'm a follower. I don't like Barg's as the Raptor's Franchise, starting center or power forward nor did I think that BC should have drafted him number 1 overall in 2006- at best Bargnani should be the 1st big man off the bench so he can just shoot the ball. All you have to do is read the related quotes then watch the games- put 2 and 2 together, it's not a force thing it's a choice thing.

Jack doesn't have the talent of Jose? Wtf are you smokin', sniffin', drinkin' on?lmfao@u I'm glad that you're not an TO talent evaluator.

Jay held no one accountable (AWright, Jack, Barg's,Turk, Bosh, etc)- once again that's my point, until the Turk incident which wasn't even about on court play but about going out to a club after missing a game earlier that evening. If the media didn't blow up Turk's situation Jay probally wouldn't have done anything.

Btw- did you ever play basketball at a high level or are you just a remote control couch coach?
                    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sun Sep 5, 2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

If that's how you feel about AWright so be it but at least he would D up players.

If there was structure inside the Rap's organization players most likely wouldn't speak out as there would be other protocols to be followed before venting to the media. Btw- Jack is now projected to be the Rap's starting pg & he was a starter last season when TO played its best basketball while Jose aka The Spanish X Ray was out with another nagging injury.

Jay wasn't prepared to be a NBA head coach- point blank, he got his training camp, preached defense- then once the season began forgot about defense all together instead focusing on TO offensive stats whenever questioned about the Rap's lack of D. Whatever Jay's basketball IQ & knowledge is it hasn't translated over as the Rap's head coach- maybe he should stick to FIBA, because he's leading TO nowhere fast.
                      I also never said I liked Jay's coaching, I said he has the credentials to coach ad maybe was not NBA ready yet but I would take hime over Mitchell anyday. Mitchell is at best an assistant and that's where he is now. Mitchell has no idea how to develop young players and is almost as bad as Darrel Walker was at that. Also Mitchell's suits came right off the rack of Moore's..he looked like a sixty year old bank teller.
                      And yes I played tons on bball at very good levels.

Jay got the talent that Sam should have had and under achieved with it. Jay aka Teddy Tight Suit, will lead TO back the the Lottery again his season after another year of breaking clip boards on the sidelines to no avail. Plus, all one had to do was look at the no accountability era Jay instilled in TO that took a certified pre season NBA playoff roster str8 back to Lottery- after enjoying 2 playoff seasons under Sam including a Division Title.

Did I ever say that I hate Barg's? Hate is a strong word, buddy, something only a fanatical (fan) would relate to a sports figure thus I'm a follower. I don't like Barg's as the Raptor's Franchise, starting center or power forward nor did I think that BC should have drafted him number 1 overall in 2006- at best Bargnani should be the 1st big man off the bench so he can just shoot the ball. All you have to do is read the related quotes then watch the games- put 2 and 2 together, it's not a force thing it's a choice thing.

Jack doesn't have the talent of Jose? Wtf are you smokin', sniffin', drinkin' on?lmfao@u I'm glad that you're not an TO talent evaluator.

Jay held no one accountable (AWright, Jack, Barg's,Turk, Bosh, etc)- once again that's my point, until the Turk incident which wasn't even about on court play but about going out to a club after missing a game earlier that evening. If the media didn't blow up Turk's situation Jay probally wouldn't have done anything.

Btw- did you ever play basketball at a high level or are you just a remote control couch coach?
                      I never said I wanted to keep Jose over Jack because Jose is a sieve on defense and the teams biggest defensive issue..I get that. What I said is Jose has way more basketball talent than Jack and that's undeniable. Jose is smarter, makesbetter passes, does not lose control, and can finish at the rim better. Jose' shot is hands down better, and Jose' biggest issue is he cannot defend the slowest guy in the NBA, and he's a pussy who hurts himself every two minutes. He's still better than Jack. Jack is projected to be the starter because B.C. cannot keep both and Jack is a better option at his contracted price to back up a real starting PG when he trades for one or drafts one which I agree with. Still Jack if he's a team guy should not talk out to the media. That was classless.

Comment

I never said I wanted to keep Jose over Jack because Jose is a sieve on defense and the teams biggest defensive issue..I get that. What I said is Jose has way more basketball talent than Jack and that's undeniable. Jose is smarter, makesbetter passes, does not lose control, and can finish at the rim better. Jose' shot is hands down better, and Jose' biggest issue is he cannot defend the slowest guy in the NBA, and he's a pussy who hurts himself every two minutes. He's still better than Jack. Jack is projected to be the starter because B.C. cannot keep both and Jack is a better option at his contracted price to back up a real starting PG when he trades for one or drafts one which I agree with. Still Jack if he's a team guy should not talk out to the media. That was classless.
                        Jose has way more basketball talent than Jack? Jose gets to the rim better than Jack? He's smarter than Jack? Like I said b4 I'm just glad that you are not a Raptor talent evaluator or scout.

Jack is better suited as a back up pg but so is Jose, as a matter of fact if Jose remains in TO he will most likely be a back up to a starting NBA back point guard- do that math.lol

Btw- talking to the media is one exercising their freedom of expression- you may eat up all the standard Raptor media controlled propaganda but I like to hear from the players directly with no holds barred concerning the current & future related Raptor particulars.

Comment

Jose has way more basketball talent than Jack? Jose gets to the rim better than Jack? He's smarter than Jack? Like I said b4 I'm just glad that you are not a Raptor talent evaluator or scout.

Jack is better suited as a back up pg but so is Jose, as a matter of fact if Jose remains in TO he will most likely be a back up to a starting NBA back point guard- do that math.lol

Btw- talking to the media is one exercising their freedom of expression- you may eat up all the standard Raptor media controlled propaganda but I like to hear from the players directly with no holds barred concerning the current & future related Raptor particulars.
                          I agree they are both back ups on a superior team, which by the way the Raptors are not. Jose is overpaid but he's still much more talented than Jack. Jack is not a PG, he's always looking for his own shot, he's mouthy, and your idea of hearing directly from a player is bs. No real coach or GM would stand for a player doing what Jack or Wright has done, and what Jack just did. He has no IQ. Freedom of expression? Tht's bs. He is paid for and works for the Raptors organization not for the Jarrett Jack club. He needs to tow the line or he may find himself traded. Only reason BC tried to trade Jose is because he has more value around the league, and because it would save him some money. He knows Jack is a sub

Comment

I agree they are both back ups on a superior team, which by the way the Raptors are not. Jose is overpaid but he's still much more talented than Jack. Jack is not a PG, he's always looking for his own shot, he's mouthy, and your idea of hearing directly from a player is bs. No real coach or GM would stand for a player doing what Jack or Wright has done, and what Jack just did. He has no IQ. Freedom of expression? Tht's bs. He is paid for and works for the Raptors organization not for the Jarrett Jack club. He needs to tow the line or he may find himself traded. Only reason BC tried to trade Jose is because he has more value around the league, and because it would save him some money. He knows Jack is a sub
                            He's mouthy?lol Tow the line? He may find himself traded? The Rap's won more game w/ Jack as the starter than with Jose as the starter- point blank.

Fyi- NBA players, GMs & coaches have always vented in the media- recognize game, or not.

Comment

He's mouthy?lol Tow the line? He may find himself traded? The Rap's won more game w/ Jack as the starter than with Jose as the starter- point blank.

Fyi- NBA players, GMs & coaches have always vented in the media- recognize game, or not.
                              NBA players especially who do so are classless and ignorant of the fact they have teamates. If I did the same at work I would get fired, why should it be different?
                              You have no idea what a Captain should be.

Comment

NBA players especially who do so are classless and ignorant of the fact they have teamates. If I did the same at work I would get fired, why should it be different?
                                You have no idea what a Captain should be.
                                The Raptors records last season

Jack started --------23 - 20
                                Calderon started---- 17 - 22
                                --------------------------------
                                Total----------------40-42
                                =============================

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba

Comment

Working...
                                X