X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA World Tournament Sweet 16 - To Be Updated

1st game up Serbia beat Croatia 73-72

One more game today Spain vs Greece

Two of the best teams in the tournament meet in the Sweet 16? What gives here? Who goofed I got to know

Australia (Andersen) has their Sweet 16 game tomorrow.

Lithuania (Kleiza) and Brazil (Barbosa) play on Tuesday the last day of the Sweet 16
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Man i am disappointed i wont be able to watch fiba anymore too busy for quite a freakin while -_-, maybe one of these will knock out USA, but i sadly won't be able to watch it.... juss a shame

Comment

Spain advances beating Greece.

A Spanish team also beat a Greek team in the FIBA Euro League finals this sesaon
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

ok please don't belittle the Fiba tournament by naming it "sweet 16", thats what the college level use to describe their system.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
          ok please don't belittle the Fiba tournament by naming it "sweet 16", thats what the college level use to describe their system.
          In the 49th Year as Turkey's English Daily

Istanbul welcomes 'Sweet 16' in the 2010 FIBA World Championship

Friday, September 3, 2010

ISTANBUL - Hürriyet Daily News

As group matches are wrapped up and losers head home, games of much greater consequence will soon begin in the knockout stages of the 2010 FIBA World Basketball Championships. The tournament comes to Istanbul this weekend as red hot Turkey draws France, while three other intriguing matches are also set to played over the weekend
          Istanbul welcomes 'Sweet 16' in the 2010 FIBA World Championship

Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review, A Member of the Dogan Media Group, Published by Hurriyet Gazetecilik A.S.

© Copyright 2009 Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review. All Rights Reserved.

Dogan Media Group

The leading diversified media conglomerate in Turkey with investments in 9 different countries in CEE region. With more than 13,000 employees and revenues over US$2bn, the Group runs Turkey's largest Broadcasting network composed of three FTA channels, thematic channels, Pay TV and production company and the largest publishing operation composed of leading newspapers, magazines, online classifieds, books publishing and printing facilities. In addition to traditional media operations, Dogan Media Group is active in alternative telecom and entertainment retail
          Dogan Media Group
          Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Sep 4, 2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Oh, I didn't see this! :O Well, can someone delete my thread then? Thanks

Slovenia destroyed Australia btw, the score was 87-50something. France game coming up soon. And Andersen had 8 points along with 5 rebounds.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              Oh, I didn't see this! :O Well, can someone delete my thread then? Thanks

Slovenia destroyed Australia btw, the score was 87-50something. France game coming up soon. And Andersen had 8 points along with 5 rebounds.
              In 21 minutes

So right now we have in the elite eight

Serbia, Slovenia and Spain.

A conspiracy of fans who love teams whose name begins in English with a "S"

Turkey - France up next

Will "Ball" lead Turkey into the elite eight?:

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                In 21 minutes

So right now we have in the elite eight

Serbia, Slovenia and Spain.

A conspiracy of fans who love teams whose name begins in English with a "S"

Turkey - France up next

Will "Ball" lead Turkey into the elite eight?:
                France are favorites, but I see Turkey giving them huge problems. I say overtime!

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  France are favorites, but I see Turkey giving them huge problems. I say overtime!
                  Right now its 19-14 with "Ball" in the leaders court.

Comment

Ball was on today 20 points in 25 minutes 4 rebounds and 3 assists to lead Turkey to a Turkey walk (couldn't resist) over the French pastries.

Let them eat pastry

Turkey vs France Stats

Comment

Hedo Turkoglu is all business in Turkey

Mike Ganter of the Toronto Sun reports:

Hedo Turkoglu did all his talking on the floor Sunday night.

Hedo Turkoglu is all business in Turkey

Had he taken that approach in his season in Toronto not to mention an off-season spent slagging the organization that brought him there, Turkoglu might still have a few fans left in Canada.

As it is, he’s probably not missing any of you.

Not when he’s the biggest sporting entity in his home country of Turkey. That spot of honour was only further solidified after leading the Turkish team into the quarter finals of the FIBA world championship with a 20-point evening that included going 4-of-7 from three point range as Turkey demolished France 95-77.

This was not the Turkoglu Torontonians witnessed. The goofy smiles and clowning around with opponents that marked his time in Toronto was replaced by a game-faced Turkoglu ready to do what needed to be done.
                      http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6477

Comment

Last day of the first round

China vs Lithuania up starting at 10:50 AM EDT on ESPN3.com at no charge.

Comment

Working...
                        X