Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 3 Scorers On The Raptors Next Season Will Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    That totals 100 ppg.

In 09-10 the combined total ppg of all Raptors players was 126 ppg.

In 09-10 the Raptors averaged 104 ppg.

So why the difference? Not all the players played in all the games. All of their top 10 scorers last season played at least 66 games. The top ten scorers averaged about 73.5 games each. The top 10 scorers missed an average of 8.5 games per player

It is highly unlikely that in 10-11 all of the players listed above will play 82 games.

1. Lets assume that Raptors top ten scorers in 10-11 miss the same number of games as the top 10 scorers missed in 09-10.
    2. Lets also assume that the games missed for each player in the 10-11 hierarchy of points per game scored corresponds roughly to the same hierarchy of scoring and missed games last season per player.

So if assumptions #1 and #2 hold true based upon the 100 ppg total points in the post quoted the Raptors team in 10-11 will only score 82.5 ppg

If the points scored come out like that the Raptors will finish with the worst record in NBA history

09-10 Stats

You're perfectly right, under your two assumptions. I just imagined an average game with a complete roster, without any pretence of accuracy. And the total of 100 was my idea of raps ppg in Bosh absence.

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
      You're perfectly right, under your two assumptions. I just imagined an average game with a complete roster, without any pretence of accuracy. And the total of 100 was my idea of raps ppg in Bosh absence.
      I kind of figured that was how you looked at it. Most people do it that way also.

I do think that the 100 is low but like I said I will give my forecast around Oct 26th if I don't forget
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        Bargnani: 18-22
        Kleiza: 14-17
        DeRozan: 13-16
        Calderon: 11
        Johnson: 11
        Jack: 11
        Weems: 8-10
        Barbosa: 7-10
        Davis: 7
        Andersen: 6
        Wright: 4
        Evans: 2
        Alabi: 1

But it's pretty pointless, and I really don't care who averages the most points as long as we win games. But to win games, Kleiza and Bargs need to score consistently. Something Barg lacked last season.
        Au contraire mon ami.

But to win games, Kleiza and Bargs need to play defense consistently
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I kind of figured that was how you looked at it. Most people do it that way also.

I do think that the 100 is low but like I said I will give my forecast around Oct 26th if I don't forget
          Oct 26th is when you'll know if we can sign Buddah Edwards?

Comment

I'm kind of surprised what little regard Raptors fans have for Barbosa's ability to put the ball in the basket. I definitely think Andrea will likely lead this team in scoring, but don't count out Leandro from putting up some big numbers on a consistent basis night in, night out.

Comment

If Jose was traded i would have expected barbosa to score 15-18, but as the roster stands right now i'd have to go with:

Bargnani 19-22 (not a stretch since he averaged 17 WITH bosh)
              Kleiza 15-17 (showed he could light it up last year with increased minutes and touches)
              Derozan 13-15 (will benefit greatly from his hard work and this years emphasis on developement)

I expect Jose, Jack, Sonny, Barbosa, and even Amir to all be in that 8-12 range.

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
                Oct 26th is when you'll know if we can sign Buddah Edwards?
                If Davis can contribute as much to the Raptors in 10-11 that Buddah Edwards did to the 89-90 NBA champs I think Raprtors coaches and fans will be happy about it.

Edwards------89-90
                -------------------------------
                Games---------82
                PPG----------14.5
                WS/48-------.117
                Win Shares----5.6

Buddah Edwards Stats

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I'm kind of surprised what little regard Raptors fans have for Barbosa's ability to put the ball in the basket. I definitely think Andrea will likely lead this team in scoring, but don't count out Leandro from putting up some big numbers on a consistent basis night in, night out.
                  First he has to get the minutes to put up big numbers

DeRozan most likely will average north of 30 minutes a game at SG

If Calderon is not traded we might unfortunately expect to see some Calderon and Jack together again in the backcourt at the same time.

Weems isn't going away and could very well take up most of Kleiza's unused portion of 48 mpg at the SF.

If Jose is not traded I will be surprised if Barbosa averages much if any over 20 mpg

His career average is 18.1 points per 36 minutes or about 9 per 18 mpg. In the last couple of seasons he has been a bit higher at between 19 and 20 points per 36 minutes which still comes out to 10 or fewer points per 18 mpg and maybe 11 per 20 mpg

If Jose is still around and assuming no major injuries to the wing players then I would expect Barbosa to average around 20 mpg maybe even a bit less.

I still don't understand how Barbosa could believe, I recall he said it, that he thinks he will get more mpg in Toronto than he got in Phoenix where he averaged 24 and 18 mpg in each of the last two seasons.

We shall see.

Barbosa stats

Comment

You might be right Buddah, but I just don't see Triano pouring on the playing time for DeRozan this season. I mean, he did little to make me believe he could handle a heavy work load for this upcoming season. Giving DeMar 30+ minutes per game I think is going to put a lot of pressure on him and something I still think we should ease him into.

Barbosa isn't going to to be lock down defender, but one thing that will be consistent from him is his offense. I think we'll be depending on him more than most are giving him credit for right now. But, at the end of the day we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Au contraire mon ami.

But to win games, Kleiza and Bargs need to play defense consistently
                      Yeah, but really who we kidding? The only realistic way we can win as many games as possible is if Bargs plays well the full 35 minutes. And scores consistently...

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        I've loved Barbosa since he first joined the Suns. Was great in 08, and was pretty much consistent his whole career apart from last year. But I don't see him finding that many minutes with all the guards we have. If his minutes go up, it means YGZ swingman Weems will have to sit most of the game.

Comment

AB
                          derozan
                          barbosa
                          No Dissrespect...
                          With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
                            AB
                            derozan
                            barbosa
                            Kleiza?

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                              Kleiza?
                              just didnt really like his game in denver, and was upset we took him though free agency instead of just taking back beasley(who has way more potential). im aware he can score but havent seen much of him in this tourny, but have heard good things, But i still dont have him in the starting lineup over the weems or wright since we should probably start a stronger defensive lineup
                              No Dissrespect...
                              With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
                                just didnt really like his game in denver, and was upset we took him though free agency instead of just taking back beasley(who has way more potential). im aware he can score but havent seen much of him in this tourny, but have heard good things, But i still dont have him in the starting lineup over the weems or wright since we should probably start a stronger defensive lineup
                                I can tell you this, Kleiza can score.

Comment

Working...
                                X