Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 3 Scorers On The Raptors Next Season Will Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I can tell you this, Kleiza can score.
    Look

Kleiza and Johnson both said they wanted to play in Toronto.

So for coming out of the closet BC and Triano are going to reward them initially with the starting job.

Seriously:

Kleiza will have it pretty easy because he will be compared to Turk, which means that all he has to do is not screw up and show up ready to play for each game

Johnson on the other hand will have every play he makes second guessed by every Raptors fan and writer and compared to what Bosh might have done in a similar situation. I do not envy Johnson having to follow Bosh. But, heh it is a great opportunity and great opportunities almost always have a number of stumbling blocks along the way.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      I can tell you this, Kleiza can score.
      like i said, im aware he can score, but i just dislike his game enough to barley rate him, name another team in the league that he could start for? you think cuz he "wants" to play here it will help his chances of starting? sonny has made it clear he wants to be here, so has jose (who has been treated like doodoo this offseason) so i dont really see what that has to do with getting the start, the best unit should start, and the chemistry the young nwa has cant be overlooked. kleiza, jose and barbosa coming off the bench i can live with as the leaders of the second unit
      No Dissrespect...
      With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
        like i said, im aware he can score, but i just dislike his game enough to barley rate him, name another team in the league that he could start for? you think cuz he "wants" to play here it will help his chances of starting? sonny has made it clear he wants to be here, so has jose (who has been treated like doodoo this offseason) so i dont really see what that has to do with getting the start, the best unit should start, and the chemistry the young nwa has cant be overlooked. kleiza, jose and barbosa coming off the bench i can live with as the leaders of the second unit
        Well Bosh ddidn't want to play here and he is not starting for the Raptors

Weems may in fact be starting by the all-star game

Give me the YGZ® or give me a lottery pick
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

andrea= 17-20
          demar=14-16
          kleiza=13-15
          barbosa=11-14

Comment

pretty surprised at the lack of weems support

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              From my perspective after Bargnani and Derozan there is going to be a whole bunch of guys (Weems, Kleiza, Johnson, Barbosa, Jack) that can take that third spot in scoring or be very close to one another.
              Yeah, I agree. I think a more pressing subject would be who will be the team's top three defenders?

Comment

Bargs - 20ppg
                DeRozan - 16ppg
                Kleiza - 14ppg
                Weems - 14ppg
                Jack - 12ppg (assuming Jose is dealt)
                Johnson - 10ppg
                Barbosa - 10ppg

Davis+Anderson+Wright+Alabi+??? - 12ppg

That totals 108ppg. It's a pretty high estimate but breaking it down like this I can't see it being too much lower. I just think Bargs will get a LOT of attempts and minutes and should be right around 20ppg. Other than him I think minutes will be spread across everyone and we will have a lot of guys averaging double figures, which isn't really a bad thing.

Now if we could just play a little D maybe we'll win a few this year.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, I agree. I think a more pressing subject would be who will be the team's top three defenders?
                  I think the three biggest Raptor defenders will be:

Hardcore Raptor Fans
                  Colangelo
                  Triano

Hopefully some players will be in the mix, as well.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    I'm kind of surprised what little regard Raptors fans have for Barbosa's ability to put the ball in the basket. I definitely think Andrea will likely lead this team in scoring, but don't count out Leandro from putting up some big numbers on a consistent basis night in, night out.
                    +1

He's called to be one of the main offensive weapons in that 10-11 team. He'd easily be in +15 ppg.

Comment

Fon Riego wrote: View Post
                      +1

He's called to be one of the main offensive weapons in that 10-11 team. He'd easily be in +15 ppg.
                      Sure he will.

Johnson is just as likely to average 20+ a game in 10-11 as Barbosa will average 15+ ppg in 10-11.

I think you are living in the past.

No way Barbosa takes minutes from DeRozan and DeRozan is not going to play many minutes at the #3.

If Barbosa can average 15 + ppg in 10-11 playing around the 20 mpg or less that he will play then the Raptors will win the 10-11 NBA title.

The only way that Barbosa averages 15 + ppg is if DeRozan gets injured and misses a lot of games due to that injuries or multiple injuries.
                      Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Sep 6, 2010, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        No way Barbosa takes minutes from DeRozan and DeRozan is not going to play many minutes at the #3.
                        But your assuming that DeMar is ready to handle alot of minutes this season. I don't see Triano putting that much pressure on DeRozan this season nor do I think he is up to the task of being relied on just yet. Sure, last season he showed a few glimpses of what we could expect from him a couple years from now, but I don't think DeMar deserves to automatically get 30+ minutes per game just because of his potential and the fact that he'll like start at SG. Barbosa is proven and a veteran. Both things that I think this youthful Raptors team will rely upon this season more than most are giving him credit for.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          But your assuming that DeMar is ready to handle alot of minutes this season. I don't see Triano putting that much pressure on DeRozan this season nor do I think he is up to the task of being relied on just yet. Sure, last season he showed a few glimpses of what we could expect from him a couple years from now, but I don't think DeMar deserves to automatically get 30+ minutes per game just because of his potential and the fact that he'll like start at SG. Barbosa is proven and a veteran. Both things that I think this youthful Raptors team will rely upon this season more than most are giving him credit for.
                          If the Raptors were a second or third round playoff team I would agree with you.

However, they will have to go some just to make the playoffs.

This is the year that they young guys have to start stepping up with guys like Barbosa filling in to give them a breather. I think anything else would be a big mistake on Triano's part.

DeRozan, Johnson, Davis and maybe even Weems and Wright should get all the minutes that they can handle. As long as they are playing good or above good they should be on the court.

If their play can't cut it then it becomes a judgment call as to whether by playing in games the young guys can work through and overcome their problems or whether they can't. If Triano things that they can than they should remain on the court to work through their problems.

Over relying on Barbosa who could be a rent a player would be a big mistake.

Comment

Bargnani will be number one obviously with 20-24ppg
                            Johnson will be next with 17-20ppg
                            Derozan with 15-18ppg

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani will be number one obviously with 20-24ppg
                              Johnson will be next with 17-20ppg
                              Derozan with 15-18ppg
                              You really are optimistic, aren't you?
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I have Bargnani around 20-23 PPG
                                I actually think Kleiza could flirt with 15-18 PPG
                                The third spot is a toss-up between DeMar and Barbosa in the 14-16 range.

I agree with some that the scoring will be more balanced with Jack, Jose, Amir and Sonny all in double figures - or very close.

Amir and DeRozan actually both got mentions in this article talking about most improved candidates:
                                http://www.nbadaily.net/homegrown.cfm?articleid=134

Amir @ #4, and DeMar @ #2!!!
                                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                                X