Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson Calls The Raptors A "European Team" And Thinks He Will Fit Right In

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anderson Calls The Raptors A "European Team" And Thinks He Will Fit Right In

    Doug Smith Sports Reporter - Reporter - Say what? who goofed I got to know
    Anderson Interview
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  • #2
    1) Its not a european team, otherwise they would have been playing in europe (minus the two games).

    2) If he thinks that just because he is soft on defence and likes to shoot that the Raptors will tolerate this, he is sadly mistaken.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hotshot wrote: View Post
      1) Its not a european team, otherwise they would have been playing in europe (minus the two games).

      2) If he thinks that just because he is soft on defence and likes to shoot that the Raptors will tolerate this, he is sadly mistaken.
      ummm i just dont see how were "euro" too. we only have 3 players from europe and kleiza was raised in the states. Andersons not even from Europe so i just dont see how we are. and #2 judging from his rebounding stats and time on the floor doesnt seem like he'll be relied on to hold down the paint for long periods of time im hoping

      Comment


      • #4
        Hotshot wrote: View Post
        1) Its not a european team, otherwise they would have been playing in europe (minus the two games).

        2) If he thinks that just because he is soft on defence and likes to shoot that the Raptors will tolerate this, he is sadly mistaken.
        The fans might not support it, but the organization has turned a blind eye to many soft shooting big mens.

        Another thing, it's not politically correct, but for many the term "Euro" is pretty much synonomous with "Not American" (or for the racists, "Not Black") :P

        Comment


        • #5
          Hotshot wrote: View Post
          1) Its not a european team, otherwise they would have been playing in europe (minus the two games).

          2) If he thinks that just because he is soft on defence and likes to shoot that the Raptors will tolerate this, he is sadly mistaken.
          normally, i would be pissed off and say stuff to the way you are, but, the way i read it he was just talking about the style of play we play, which if i'm correct is the style most european teams play?
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

          Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

          Comment


          • #6
            it's going to take a few years to shed that title (unless we "earn" it back). Maybe he didn't hear about belinelli for wright

            Comment


            • #7
              J Claw is right about TO's image around the basketball community even though TO has only 3 Euro's currently the perception is out there that TO is (has been since BC took over) a Euro style team playing a Euro style game.

              All those folks still living in denial in relation to the BC's International/US experimental NBA hybrid roster wake up- heck the Franchise player is currently Bargnani.....

              Btw- Andersen is Bargnani light ie a jump shooting big that doesn't board or D up consistently, I don't see who he gets playing time over barring injuries as Barg's, Johnson, Davis & Evans should all be in front of him at the C/PF rotation spots. I can even see TO starting Evans at C as so Bargnani can play PF- as BC wants him to.
              Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sun Sep 5, 2010, 08:58 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Like someone already mentioned Kleiza played highschool ball in Maryland then for the University of Missouri. He was exposed to the American style. The Raptors are mire international then European. Even then, not much.

                Comment


                • #9
                  euro, asian, american, who cares as long as we win. That's the issue!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                    J Claw is right about TO's image around the basketball community even though TO has only 3 Euro's currently the perception is out there that TO is (has been since BC took over) a Euro style team playing a Euro style game.

                    All those folks still living in denial in relation to the BC's International/US experimental NBA hybrid roster wake up- heck the Franchise player is currently Bargnani.....
                    As long as Maurizio Gherardini has a strong and influential voice in the organization, then perception will equal reality. It's pretty clear that he was protecting Bargs, and strongly opposed to Smitch in his handling of AB. He's even infiltrated Basketball Canada, and look at the result. Unfortunately, he left all his magic on the other side of the Atlantic. He won big in Europe so maybe it's just bad luck and he was due for a bad run, but everything he's touched since coming over has turned out pretty bad.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As long as were not being referred to as Americans I don't give a shizzle.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nick wrote: View Post
                        As long as were not being referred to as Americans I don't give a shizzle.
                        How about North Americans



                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_SuperLiga
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                        Memories some so sweet, indeed

                        Larger Photo of the avatar



                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Kleiza had told FanHouse in July after signing the offer sheet he didn't want the Nuggets to match. He believed the Raptors, who play more of an international style due to all their players from outside North America, would fit him much better than Denver.
                          http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/07/n...to-nba-return/
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                          Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Maybe International team, but not really Euro. We have plenty of guys who are not playing an Euro basketball. Even Kleiza's basketball is more American than European as he played most of his time in here while in Lithuania he learned mostly the basics.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X