DeRozan Working On Conditioning His Legs And Cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan Working On Conditioning His Legs And Cardio

For years I basically lived down the street from there. I think I tried it once or maybe twice when I was younger.

Early morning running the Santa Monica stairs... about 5 hours ago via
    Echofon
    http://twitter.com/DeMar_DeRozan

Remember he tweeted that he was running this sucker and not walking it.

Looking up a portion of it

Looking down a portion of it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/santa-monica...s-santa-monica

Santa Monica Stairs - 4th Street Workout

Almost any hour of the day, you will find LA's finest grinding out this popular and tough destination exercise in Santa Monica.

There are actually two (2) sets of stairs, one concrete and one wooden. A workout can comprise of up and backs on one set or the other, as well as the popluar 'loop.' The concrete steps are directly at the end of 4th street, where 4th street meets Adelaide Drive in Santa Monica. The wooden steps are to the east several hundred feet. Both sets of stairs connect Adelaide Drive (above) to the ocean-level street below.

* Wooden Stairs -- This set is wider, gives a little (wood), not as steep and is straight. As such, they are the preferred "down" set by many (safety being a prime reason, I presume). About 175-180 steps, I was told (I haven't counted myself).
    * Concrete Stairs -- This set is narrower, steeper, and has a couple turns. For people doing the loop this is often the "up" set.
    * Loop -- whether you go up the down set or down the up set... its about a ten minute loop and a bit more than 1/2 a mile I'm guessing (anyone with a pedometer out there?).
    http://www.bodyspex.com/Community.aspx?ArticleID=10
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

now i know why andrea's banners were replaced by Demar's. I like what I'm hearing and seeing from him. I hope his hard work pays off this season. Good luck!!!

Comment

wanna see bosh's knees hold up to those bad boys

Comment

Good stuff! Definitely his hard workout will pay off in the end

Talking about climbing stairs, who's gonna try for the CN Tower Climb for United Way on October 23? Here is the link if you're interested: http://www.unitedwaytoronto.com/clim...edway/main.php

Comment

brakeman1 wrote: View Post
          now i know why andrea's banners were replaced by Demar's. I like what I'm hearing and seeing from him. I hope his hard work pays off this season. Good luck!!!
          Don't you think every player is doing some kind of workout? Why is it that DD has to tell everyone about it?

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
            Don't you think every player is doing some kind of workout? Why is it that DD has to tell everyone about it?
            because these days with twitter etc, i guess he wanted to share what he was doing with his time. I don't think all players are putting in the kind of work D.D is putting in this summer. Almost everything he has done this offseason has been about getting better and taking his game to another level. I for one am reasonably interested in what the future of the franchise is up to. lol

Comment

Great. He's going to log heavy minutes this year.

Comment

brakeman1 wrote: View Post
                because these days with twitter etc, i guess he wanted to share what he was doing with his time. I don't think all players are putting in the kind of work D.D is putting in this summer. Almost everything he has done this offseason has been about getting better and taking his game to another level. I for one am reasonably interested in what the future of the franchise is up to. lol
                For your eyes only

Flight to Oakland... about 6 hours ago via Echofon

Just landed in Oakland about to go get this work in... about 5 hours ago via Echofon

In the gym getting better than what I was yesterday. about 4 hours ago via Echofon
                http://twitter.com/DeMar_DeRozan
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
                  wanna see bosh's knees hold up to those bad boys
                  Haha...they wouldn't. He'd need an ice-pack at about the fourth step, by the 10th step he'd be on the 15-day DL.

Comment

Running stairs, hills- the memories.lol

DeMar's vertical this summer has been crazy improved- as if that was possible competition find 'em in the hospital, now I know why http://twitpic.com/2ds5k7 . Toe raises, hamstring curls and stair running (w/ weight jacket, ankle weights) is a sure fire way to get those hops increased.

Comment

Working...
                    X