Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Amir Break Either Of These All-Time Single Season Records In 10-11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Amir Break Either Of These All-Time Single Season Records In 10-11?

The record for the most fouls per 36 minutes for all players who have played over 2,000 minutes in a season is 6.5

Amir's career average of fouls per 36 minutes is 6.5

Last season in 1,453 minutes he averaged 6.3 fouls per 36 minutes

If he plays all 82 games he would have to average 24.4 mpg in order to reach 2,000 minutes in 10-11.

So what do you guys/gals think?

Will Amir break this all-time single season record in 10-11?

I looked at the single season record for most fouls committed. I don't think he has a shot at breaking that one. That record believe it or not is 386 personal fouls in one season. Held by Chocolate Thunder in 1983-84 in 81 games. This works out to 4.8 personal fouls per game. Dawkins played 2,417 minutes that season or 29.8 mpg and averaged 5.7 fouls per 36 minutes. I can't see Triano playing Johnson that many minutes a game if Johnson continues to foul at such a high rate.

So what do you guys/gals think? Will Amir break either one of these all time single season records in 10-11?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsam01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_by=pf_per_mp

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l=&order_by=pf
    Most Fouls Per 36 Min of 6.5 when playing over 2,000 minutes
    0.00%
    Most Fouls In a single season of 386
    0.00%
    He will break both of those records
    0.00%
    He will break neither of those records
    22.22%
    If he breaks either of those records Triano should be fired for playing him so many minutes
    0.00%
    How much longer until training camp?
    33.33%
    I refuse to answer this stupid poll
    44.44%
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Sep 8, 2010, 01:08 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Hopefully not.

Comment

This poll depresses me...

Comment

I'm not so sure. Amir might not get the PT to do it. I mean when he gets into foul trouble Ed may very well play well enough to justify staying out there, leaving Amir to sit and think about how to play good defense without fouling people. It's not like the Raptors need to play him until the wheels fall off.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I'm not so sure. Amir might not get the PT to do it. I mean when he gets into foul trouble Ed may very well play well enough to justify staying out there, leaving Amir to sit and think about how to play good defense without fouling people. It's not like the Raptors need to play him until the wheels fall off.
          That is my thinking also.

Bye the bye

I wonder how many hits this poll would have gotten if I had changed the title and content to

Will Bargnani break Either of these whatever..........?
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It would be so popular that you might get your own show on Rogers Sportsnet. Then again, half the posters would never see it because it would be on Rogers Sportsnet.

Comment

It would be so popular that you might get your own show on Rogers Sportsnet. Then again, half the posters would never see it because it would be on Rogers Sportsnet.
              That is pretty good.

I am sure that Canadian sports fans have more appreciation of Rogers Sportsnet.

To us Yanks when we hear the term Rogers Sportsnet we think of

Comment

Was that picture of Chris Bosh and Pat Riley taken before or after the S&T? I think... I think you may have stumbled on to a...Conspiracy?!

Comment

Correction: after a season on Sportsnet to gain popularity, the show would be relegated to the offshoot channel Sportsnet Two, available only to Rogers subscribers. Eventually the issue would be fixed, but not before avid fans lost interest and were forever disillusioned with both Sportsnet, Buddahfan (for selling out), and the entirety of Canadian sports programming.

Comment

After reading through this thread I realize there is no point to it. so you already know where my vote is....

Comment

Was that picture of Chris Bosh and Pat Riley taken before or after the S&T? I think... I think you may have stumbled on to a...Conspiracy?!
                      Me, little ole me stumbled on to a conspiracy?

No way man.

Comment

Does Amir read Raptors Republic or is this just a coincidence?

He just tweeted

Got some good news, tomorrow I am posting a new video on AmirTV my latest skit called Foul Trouble! Tell a friend and get ready to laugh! 10 minutes ago via web
                        http://twitter.com/IamAmirJohnson

Comment

Working...
                        X