Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did We Dodge a Bullet With the Non-Signing of Matt Barnes?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did We Dodge a Bullet With the Non-Signing of Matt Barnes?

    "Los Angeles Lakers Guard Matt Barnes Arrested for Hitting Girlfriend"

    Los Angeles Lakers forward Matt Barnes was arrested Wednesday after a domestic dispute in Sacramento.

    According to a police spokesman, Barnes was involved in a dispute with a woman who he lived with and had a dating relationship.

    Although the victim's name was withheld, it is presumed that it was Barnes' fiancee Gloria Govan.

    Govan, who starred on the VH1 reality show Basketball Wives, has two children with the 30-year-old Barnes
    First the Charlotte trade blows up and the Barnes Signing Falls out of place. Then we learn that Borris Diaw isn't in optimal physical shape and gained a lot of weight (dude looks like he's been living in a crispy cream) and now the Barnes incident will likely screw with his psyche.

    Question do you feel that even though BC failed to make these moves this actually worked out better for the Raps?
    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

    From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

    Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

  • #2
    I guarantee this would've been a mark on the Raptor franchise and mgmt for bringing in a guy like that. Whereas the lakers will be not be held accountable for the acts of a free agent

    Comment


    • #3
      ebala wrote: View Post
      I guarantee this would've been a mark on the Raptor franchise and mgmt for bringing in a guy like that. Whereas the lakers will be not be held accountable for the acts of a free agent
      My guess is that Kobe has already been on the phone with Barnes about this and that they will talk even more about it in the not too distant future.

      Kobe doesn't want a hot head screwing up his shot at a three-peat.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

      Memories some so sweet, indeed

      Larger Photo of the avatar



      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

      Comment


      • #4
        Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
        First the Charlotte trade blows up and the Barnes Signing Falls out of place. Then we learn that Borris Diaw isn't in optimal physical shape and gained a lot of weight (dude looks like he's been living in a crispy cream) and now the Barnes incident will likely screw with his psyche.

        Question do you feel that even though BC failed to make these moves this actually worked out better for the Raps?
        hit (a girlfriend) or eat (pizza)? We did dodge a bullet, but with Hedo

        Comment


        • #5
          IMO, the Raps dodged bullets by missing out on Diaw & Barnes... though Chandler would've looked so much better on the roster instead of Anderson!

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey...the Lakers got one player that cheats and another that beats...lol...plus, we dodged another who eats...lol. I know, I know...bad joke..smh.
            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.


            "My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

            Comment


            • #7
              Like posted earlier I think we absolutely dodged a bullet. Who wants wife beaters, gun slingers and drug addicts on our team? We need character guys and Triano needs to emphasize TEAM when camp begins not ME!!
              It's different if you're the Lakers or Celtics and you think bringing in a misfit may help you win a championship and also that you have othe guys on the team including coaches who can deal with Jerks. Kobe will not stand for bs, and neither will Jackson and Garnett.
              My opinion is we only get and keep character guys. We have a hard enough time with them let alone trying to be a rehab clinic or halfway house.

              Comment


              • #8
                Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                Like posted earlier I think we absolutely dodged a bullet. Who wants wife beaters, gun slingers and drug addicts on our team? We need character guys and Triano needs to emphasize TEAM when camp begins not ME!!
                It's different if you're the Lakers or Celtics and you think bringing in a misfit may help you win a championship and also that you have othe guys on the team including coaches who can deal with Jerks. Kobe will not stand for bs, and neither will Jackson and Garnett.
                My opinion is we only get and keep character guys. We have a hard enough time with them let alone trying to be a rehab clinic or halfway house.
                +10
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                Memories some so sweet, indeed

                Larger Photo of the avatar



                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                Comment


                • #9
                  As anyone who follows the NBA knows, you are allowed to have one headcase per team. Anything more and you're messing with a disaster.

                  I hope Barnes and Artest hit the club together.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't know what Barnes would bring to the table to begin with and I don't think he'd play very much if the trade went through. I don't think we should have people with that attitude playing for the team or city.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Employee wrote: View Post
                      As anyone who follows the NBA knows, you are allowed to have one headcase per team. Anything more and you're messing with a disaster.

                      I hope Barnes and Artest hit the club together.
                      Maybe this is what ESPN says, but I am not sure that Stern has ever said this.

                      Does ESPN or Stern run the NBA?

                      Now that I think about it if ESPN said it that is how could actually be and you may be correct here.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                      Memories some so sweet, indeed

                      Larger Photo of the avatar



                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        My guess is that Kobe has already been on the phone with Barnes about this and that they will talk even more about it in the not too distant future.

                        Kobe doesn't want a hot head screwing up his shot at a three-peat.
                        Barnes: " Ya, you're right. I'll just take the Kobe way of saying sorry by buying her a giant diamond."

                        seriously, bryant should be the last one to say anything.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                        Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's could everyone didn't jump to any conclusions....oh, wait. I guess they did. Apparently Barnes and his fiance are saying that Barnes is innocent. Don't make judgements until all the facts are in. Barnes may have done something wrong, but it's dangerous to go on preliminary media reports.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's could everyone didn't jump to any conclusions....oh, wait. I guess they did. Apparently Barnes and his fiance are saying that Barnes is innocent. Don't make judgements until all the facts are in. Barnes may have done something wrong, but it's dangerous to go on preliminary media reports.
                            My bad
                            What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

                            From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

                            Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              yeah, like she wasn't under pressure to take back her claim (as with every other victim of domestic assault)...
                              It's about money

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X