Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did We Dodge a Bullet With the Non-Signing of Matt Barnes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Tim said "There are many possibilities. Barnes could have hit his fiance. Barnes could have hit a girl he has on the side. A former girlfriend might have made a false complaint. A former girlfriend might have shown up at Barnes' house, got into a fight with his fiance, and then called the cops to have Barnes arrested. A girlfriend might have shown up at Barnes' door, made a big scene, tripped and fallen and then called the cops. Who knows. The point is that we don't know and it doesn't do any good to make assumptions at this point. "

Yeah whatever but all the stuff you just mentioned in this paragraph does not happen to regular decent guys, and point is he was arrested during a domestic dispute. He didn't cheat at Monopoly.
    Okay, so apparently there was a 911 call placed and then they hung up the phone. The police arrived and saw injuries on both parties (don't know what injuries), so they arrested Barnes.

Many years ago, my wife was going through a period when she was fascinated with people headbutting in the movies. I showed her how it was done and why these people were able to do it. Every once in a while, she would try and playfully headbut me, knowing that every time I stop her from doing it. No harm done. One day, I was lying on the couch watching television. She jumped on me and, much to my surprise gave me a big headbut. Well, I have a very hard head, whereas she does not and drew the brunt of it. I went out of town a little later and, complaining of a bad headache, she eventually went to the doctor who diagnosed her with a concussion. Now, when she told me this, knowing she was okay, I had a good laugh. I asked what she told the doctor and she said we had just been fooling around and bumped heads. The doctor was fine with that explanation, but another doctor may have suspected domestic violence and called the police. You never know. I've never even pushed my wife, and the last time I ever hit anyone I was ten years old (and quite frankly, my brother deserved it). There was a chance, though, that I could have been arrested despite my innocence.

A few years ago, we had to evict a tenant who lived in our basement suite because she was, well, nuts. I have two daughters and at one point during her short tenancy, my oldest daughter fell, banged her head and got a big bruise on her forehead that eventually became two black eyes. After she was evicted, this tenant decided to call child services and lodge a complaint against me, mentioning my daughter getting black eyes. CHild services have to investigate every complaint so they came to my house to interview me. Now, we are very good friends with another woman who works for child services whose daughter is best friends with my oldest, so I was able to call her and sort things out. It turns out that false claims against people are fairly common, but still must be followed up on. Now, I've never even spanked my children, but I had child services come to my door investigating me.

I don't know what happened, the police certainly don't know what happened and the media don't know what happened, but you seem to have decided already. That says far more about you than it does about Matt Barnes.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
      I live in Vancouver, BC buddy ro. So now you're implying that Domestic violence may be a normal way of life for me? Gtfoh herb, they never been to my home either. Btw- the responding Deputies decided that Barnes had been the aggressor and he was taken into custody. What did they base that on? Hang up 911 call? Crime scene reenactment? Visible injuries? ESP?

Implying that my family nor I don't respect Police? Where do you get that balderdash from and what does that have to do with Barnes' alleged incident? Buddy, you have some real issues- need a tissue?

99% percent of the time? Police never have planted evidence or lied about the arresting particulars before? Amadou Diallo? Oscar Grant? Sean Bell? http://www.king5.com/home/Groups-air...102173394.html John Williams?

You're betting big?Lmfao@u

Looks like his fiance' has said that nothing took place. No one but those 2 know what did or didn't happen not you, the psychic Police or I. http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5551879

Like I said before speculation is like masturbation- it only gets you off, kiddo.

For Pizzaman:
      You're right it was probably the dog that called 911 from the house phone.
      Barnes was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of domestic violence after deputies responded to a disconnected 911 call.

Sacramento County sheriff's spokesman Tim Curran says when deputies went to the home that Barnes shares with Govan late Wednesday afternoon they found her with visible injuries. Curran says Barnes was arrested after deputies determined he was the primary aggressor.

Barnes, released after posting a $50,000 bond, is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 13

Does this look like it was nothing to you? He said they both had physical injuries so do you think they both fell down the stairs?
      Whatever I really don't care what you think, and no I am not suggesting you come from a domestic violence household. I made a wisecrack because you assumed it may be nothing and I don't see it like that. Also I did not say that police plant or don't plant evidence but I'm sure the police didn't give her her physical injuries either.
      Also I was already right because of course now that she realizes she may have lost her pot of gold he's totally innocent and the dog called 911 and she slipped on a rug. I'm sick of hearing this shit about loser couples. If she said he was guilty and then retracts they should charge her for obstructing justice,
      All I said at the beginning of this post is that we did not need him on this team and we need character guys. You can hope for a different type of team if you wish but like I said that won't happen under B.C. and Tannenbaum.
      "

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Okay, so apparently there was a 911 call placed and then they hung up the phone. The police arrived and saw injuries on both parties (don't know what injuries), so they arrested Barnes.

Many years ago, my wife was going through a period when she was fascinated with people headbutting in the movies. I showed her how it was done and why these people were able to do it. Every once in a while, she would try and playfully headbut me, knowing that every time I stop her from doing it. No harm done. One day, I was lying on the couch watching television. She jumped on me and, much to my surprise gave me a big headbut. Well, I have a very hard head, whereas she does not and drew the brunt of it. I went out of town a little later and, complaining of a bad headache, she eventually went to the doctor who diagnosed her with a concussion. Now, when she told me this, knowing she was okay, I had a good laugh. I asked what she told the doctor and she said we had just been fooling around and bumped heads. The doctor was fine with that explanation, but another doctor may have suspected domestic violence and called the police. You never know. I've never even pushed my wife, and the last time I ever hit anyone I was ten years old (and quite frankly, my brother deserved it). There was a chance, though, that I could have been arrested despite my innocence.

A few years ago, we had to evict a tenant who lived in our basement suite because she was, well, nuts. I have two daughters and at one point during her short tenancy, my oldest daughter fell, banged her head and got a big bruise on her forehead that eventually became two black eyes. After she was evicted, this tenant decided to call child services and lodge a complaint against me, mentioning my daughter getting black eyes. CHild services have to investigate every complaint so they came to my house to interview me. Now, we are very good friends with another woman who works for child services whose daughter is best friends with my oldest, so I was able to call her and sort things out. It turns out that false claims against people are fairly common, but still must be followed up on. Now, I've never even spanked my children, but I had child services come to my door investigating me.

I don't know what happened, the police certainly don't know what happened and the media don't know what happened, but you seem to have decided already. That says far more about you than it does about Matt Barnes.
        First off thank you because I nearly fell off my seat laughing when I read your story about headbutting. Very unusual but very very funny and I get your point.
        The story about your child is not funny and I understand completely as I've been through something similar and I also have two daughters.
        FYI while we rarely if ever agree on basketball, I am not a complete moron. I have a normal family with a normal job and I am quite normal for a type A.
        I likely am however a little ( maybe more like alot) right of center in my views so perhaps you can speculate what that says about me. The difference is I read about what I call losers everyday hitting their girlfriends, wives etc, and doing drugs, carrying guns etc then getting off with minor fines and guess what? I'm freakin fed up, and I'm fed up supporting most of them too ( although I will not have to support Barnes girlfriend because she's in the U.S.) So yes I have a chip on my shoulder for losers who abuse women and yes I already judged him, and yes I still believe he is guilty because it happens over and over and over. Do you remember how pathetic Rianna's father was to see his daughter beat to a pulp by a gangster LOSER F**K, and then say that if his daughter chose to stay with him he would support her with that. Her father is a money grabbing LOSER, who if he loved his daughter would have done something way way different. That would not have happened with my daughter...that prick would have paid dearly and been pissing through straws, and seeing through his ears.
        I have two daughters and I have been married a long time. Anyone who strikes a woman for any reason whatsover is a LOSER...PERIOD. Also if anyone ever gets physical with one of my daughters I will personally be happy to go to jail because there is no way I will call 911 to handle things for me.
        So yes I understand your point here and yes you are right that people are innocent until proven guilty, but this does not look like that to me. It looks like every other time I see this crap, and coming from NBA players does not surprise me.

Comment

What no one has brought up is that this type of sheet is a distraction to the team and the players on the team especially if it goes down during the season.

As far as the team goes, yes it matters if the player is guilty and winds up getting suspended. But even if he isn't found guilty or even if he didn't do anything wrong the distraction during the whole process from beginning until the end will have a negative impact on the team and its performance.

Stuff this this never helps a team whether the player is guilty or innocent.

That is the point in deciding whether you want a player like this on your team.

What makes it even worse is that if the player is a star then the disruption to the success of the team is even greater than if it is a wandering minstrel player like Barnes.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

who knows if this whole thing would have happened if barnes came to toronto but I am happy with what toronto is doing so far.

Comment

Again I see why you are as you say not a FAN!!! Probably because you have no idea what building a team means, and have never done so on the court or in the workplace.
              Beasley?? Are you kidding? He may have better stats, but he'll also have more arrests, rehab stints, and no shows. Perhaps we could have recruited all the hoods and the stats would have been amazing.
              Iverson and Marbury with Delonte West, Beasly, Arenas and maybe to make you really happy we could have signed RuPaul to a Max deal to play with all those bums. He could have used his max deal to bail them out of jail, pay for rehab, get their abused girlfriends therapy, or help them buy bullets and drugs. It would have been awesome.
              Since it will not happen on B.C.'s watch, or Tannenbaum's for that matter you should take your support somewhere you will appreciate reading the police reports on.
              +1

Comment

You're right it was probably the dog that called 911 from the house phone.
                Barnes was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of domestic violence after deputies responded to a disconnected 911 call.

Sacramento County sheriff's spokesman Tim Curran says when deputies went to the home that Barnes shares with Govan late Wednesday afternoon they found her with visible injuries. Curran says Barnes was arrested after deputies determined he was the primary aggressor.

Barnes, released after posting a $50,000 bond, is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 13

Does this look like it was nothing to you? He said they both had physical injuries so do you think they both fell down the stairs?
                Whatever I really don't care what you think, and no I am not suggesting you come from a domestic violence household. I made a wisecrack because you assumed it may be nothing and I don't see it like that. Also I did not say that police plant or don't plant evidence but I'm sure the police didn't give her her physical injuries either.
                Also I was already right because of course now that she realizes she may have lost her pot of gold he's totally innocent and the dog called 911 and she slipped on a rug. I'm sick of hearing this shit about loser couples. If she said he was guilty and then retracts they should charge her for obstructing justice,
                All I said at the beginning of this post is that we did not need him on this team and we need character guys. You can hope for a different type of team if you wish but like I said that won't happen under B.C. and Tannenbaum.
                "
                Once again- this is your brain on drugs, just say no- no need to be overly dramatical, fanatical- stay rational.

I'll be back but for now just seckle.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                  Once again- this is your brain on drugs, just say no- no need to be overly dramatical, fanatical- stay rational.

I'll be back but for now just seckle.
                  I don't do drugs, nor have I, and I don't abuse women, nor has a woman ever called 911 because of any of my actions. I am not overly dramatical or fanatical as you say but making a point with some humour that we don't need losers on this team and Barnes is to me a loser and we dodged a bullet, but unfortunately his girlfriend did'nt dodge his fist fast enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X