No announcement yet.

Bronze Metal Game Lithuania Up at Halftime - Kleiza with 17 First Half Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze Metal Game Lithuania Up at Halftime - Kleiza with 17 First Half Points

As much as he couldn't throw a pea in the ocean yesterday vs Team USA he practically couldn't miss in the fist half today vs Serbia, 6 of nine 9 shooting.

In watching the game the shots that he is making today are basically the same shots that he was missing yesterday. He is not getting and making easy shots, but creating and scoring.

One of the announcers said that he talked with Billups in Turkey and asked him about Kleiza

Billups response was

Kleiza is a great Euro League player and a good NBA player.

To be updated.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Sep 12, 2010, 01:46 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Someone should edit the title, you misspelled Medal

Kleiza is beaaasst

Comment

Kleiza finished with 33

Box score to follow
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        Someone should edit the title, you misspelled Medal

Kleiza is beaaasst
        Thanks.

I guess I was thinking about the Olympics where the players actually get physical medals that are made up of Gold, Silver, Bronze metal respectively:)

Comment

LOL Another one of the idiots on ESPN just said that Kleiza will be playing for the Suns this coming season.

Comment

wow, u.s. has like 20 times the population of canada and most of them combined have the i.q. of one canadian.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Thanks.

I guess I was thinking about the Olympics where the players actually get physical medals that are made up of Gold, Silver, Bronze metal respectively:)
              No, I don't think the medals are actually made of gold or silver.

Comment

Kleiza finishes with 33 points (12 of 18 shooting) 7 rebounds and 4 assists

Lithuania vs Serbia

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                  No, I don't think the medals are actually made of gold or silver.
                  There may not be actual metal medals issued in the FIBA tournament. However, I do know that those metals that they wear around their necks on the winners podium at the Olympics are the real deal.

Comment

There may not be actual metal medals issued in the FIBA tournament. However, I do know that those metals that they wear around their necks on the winners podium at the Olympics are the real deal.
                    "the real deal"? Depends. The last time solid gold medals were given was 1912.

For further info: http://jewelry.about.com/b/2010/02/1...ls-made-of.htm

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      "the real deal"? Depends. The last time solid gold medals were given was 1912.

For further info: http://jewelry.about.com/b/2010/02/1...ls-made-of.htm
                      Medals: Going For Gold!

One of the most exciting and historic events at the Olympic and Paralympic Games is the medal ceremony - when winning athletes from around the world receive their gold, silver or bronze medals. The medal ceremony recognises their effort and dedication to become the best in the world.

What made this even more exciting for Australian competitors at the 2000 Games in Sydney was that these athletes each took home a piece of Australia with them. The gold and the silver for the Sydney Games came from some of Australia's oldest and newest mines. As for the bronze, you may have previously touched some of the metal in the bronze medals. Read on to find out why this might be.

Gold

Silver

Copper

How must the Olympic medals be made?

Each Olympic medal must be at least 70mm across and 6mm thick. The gold and silver medals must contain at least 92.5% silver, and at least 6 grams of 24-carat gold must coat each gold medal. Bronze medals contain copper, zinc, tin and a very small amount of silver.

Where did the Gold/Silver/Copper come from for the Beijing Olympics?

The BHP Billiton owned Cannington mine site in North west Queensland, will provide the silver used for the production of the gold and silver medals. BHP Billiton mine sites in Chile will provide the gold to coat the gold medals and the copper for producing the bronze medals.

The Cannington mine also provided the silver for the 2006 Commonwealth Games held in Melbourne and the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

302 gold medals will be made for the Beijing Olympics.

See official website:
                      http://beijing2008.bhpbilliton.com........./news/

Where did the bronze come from?

The bronze medals were made from 1c and 2c coins that were produced in Australia when the change was made to decimal currency in 1966. As you know, these coins are no longer in circulation and tonnes of them have been handed back to the Royal Australian Mint in Canberra. Each bronze medal contained 1% silver and the remaining 99% is what is called coinage bronze, from the 1c and 2c coins.
                      Bronze coinage is made up of 97% copper (Cu), 2.5% zinc (Zn) and 0.5% tin (Sn).
                      http://www.minerals.org.au/olympics/medals/

Comment

LOL Another one of the idiots on ESPN just said that Kleiza will be playing for the Suns this coming season.
                        Yeah around the last few minutes of the second quarter right? But he responded to that with successive threes

Comment

Btw, I'm pretty sure the medals ARE made of gold, silver and bronze/copper. The ones in Beijing were special because of the quality of the ore and the percentage of it was pretty high. The ones in FIBA are probably not 100% gold/silver/bronze but definitely have a decent percentage of it.

Comment

congrats on going off topic douchebags,

Comment

Flock of Seagulls wrote: View Post
                              congrats on going off topic douchebags,
                              wow. Then let's get back on topic then!

So, Kleiza just knocked down everything, he got the ball shot well. Spread the court, passed when needed. And lead Lithuania to a deserved 3rd spot!

Comment

Working...
                              X