• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Changes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99jcQ...eature=related
    is this legit? it looks real and pretty nice too
    http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

These changes have already been discussed somewhere. I like the idea of the maple leaf, but the claw was about the only good thing about the Raptor name.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

could be true but i really hope not, this shit looks homo. light red leaf on solid red jersey? fuck outta here.

Comment

is there another link that is not youtube? I can't get youtube in China.....

Comment

WOW! why would they take out the claw?
          No Dissrespect...
          With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Time to go Huskies. Smart, strong, resilient, half-wolf, wild, northern, team-work.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
              Time to go Huskies. Smart, strong, resilient, half-wolf, wild, northern, team-work.
              I love those no-nonsense Huskies jerseys.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post

The Huskies jerseys make the Raptors look like a college or high school team, and the name/logo only further perpetuates the stereotype of Toronto/Canada being a frozen wasteland.

As for removing the claw and replacing it with the Maple Leaf, I'm all about marketing the team to the Canadian market, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. The current management has totally stripped the identity of the original Raptors franchise, which had a distinctly Toronto feel to it, and replaced it with a generic Team-Canada replica of an NBA team.

Colangelo et al have hijacked the franchise that I grew up loving and re-branded it with an identity I have a hard time relating to, at least from a nostalgic perspective.

Comment

It looks like crap! why would they put a red maple leaf on the back? everyone knows we're from Canada, we're not a hockey team! I wish someone other than MLSE can buy the raptors and separate them from the Leafs! we're doomed!

Comment

I think the whole jersey should be changed time to bring in something new and innovative
                    ya dun noe

Comment

Call us the Huskies AND change the uniform. The addition of that maple leaf only makes us even closer resemble a sh@$% basketball team that we just witnessed this summer, Team Canada. It's like having Leo Rautins smearing a turd mark on your jersey.

Comment

abstract wrote: View Post
                        The Huskies jerseys make the Raptors look like a college or high school team, and the name/logo only further perpetuates the stereotype of Toronto/Canada being a frozen wasteland.

As for removing the claw and replacing it with the Maple Leaf, I'm all about marketing the team to the Canadian market, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. The current management has totally stripped the identity of the original Raptors franchise, which had a distinctly Toronto feel to it, and replaced it with a generic Team-Canada replica of an NBA team.

Colangelo et al have hijacked the franchise that I grew up loving and re-branded it with an identity I have a hard time relating to, at least from a nostalgic perspective.
                        whoever thiks that is too ignorant and dumb to change their minds no matter what you do. might as well support it, who gives a shit what other people think anyways.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I really wish they would bring purple back. That gave the team a distinct identity, since nobody else in the league had it as their primary color (to the best of my knowledge). Purple also looked sleek and sexy with black, and made for a very pleasing uniform.

Comment

your mom wrote: View Post
                            I really wish they would bring purple back. That gave the team a distinct identity, since nobody else in the league had it as their primary color (to the best of my knowledge). Purple also looked sleek and sexy with black, and made for a very pleasing uniform.

Kings
                            Suns

Comment

I think we should leave the claw. I mean feeling the need brand the jersies with a leaf will garner more negative press. Most ignorant American media outlets will find a reason to criticise. The leaf is already on the alternate jersey. Why do we need it now?

Comment

Working...
                              X