Is Ed Davis Injury Prone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ed Davis Injury Prone?

While this injury appears not to be as bad as his broken hand last season at N.C. this appears to possibly setting an "Oden" like pattern.

What do you think?
    Nope - He has just had some bad luck
    45.45%
    Too early to tell
    54.55%
    Two significant injuries in two years. Not good
    0.00%
    Another Oden? I hope not but not looking good
    0.00%
    No wonder he fell to #13. Maybe the Raptors missed something here
    0.00%
    The Raptors should have drafted Avery Bradley or Daniel Orton
    0.00%
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

of course not, one broken wrist and a lousy knee problem from a stupid decision and all of sudden hes labeled as injury prone? i used to break bones when i was younger all the time nobody ever called me that.

just bad decisions and bad luck thats it

Comment

Sigh, injury prone? A little premature, no Buddah?

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
        of course not, one broken wrist and a lousy knee problem from a stupid decision and all of sudden hes labeled as injury prone? i used to break bones when i was younger all the time nobody ever called me that.

just bad decisions and bad luck thats it
        We have no way of knowing that the injury occurred because of the court that got hurt on.

What we do know is that he had practiced at the ACC in the morning and then went out on a public court and he got injured.

Maybe his body can not stand extensive basketball activities like you encounter in the NBA.

This injury as far as we know could have occurred if he had an afternoon scrimmage at the ACC.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Does 6 weeks mean he can play in a game
          or 6 weeks in, he can start jogging and shooting free throws?
          Can someone really recover that fast from miniscus surgery?
          Will this become a chronic issue?

Comment

A broken hand happens. It remains to be seen. If the meniscus tear is the beginning of issues it will show within a year. Recurring soft tissue injuries would worry me but a broken hand and a meniscus no big deal. I have done my meniscus and if you want a knee injury that's the one to get

Comment

How fast did you recover Maleko? Do you have to wear a knee brace now? Is it weaker now or is it completely healed?
              I just wanna know if this would bother Davis for the rest of his career. Thanks man.

Comment

Oden has had knee issues and more knee issues...that's different than a hand getting broken one year and a torn meniscus the next.

Doug Smith said that he's out six weeks AND THEN he'll start getting back into game shape. Looks like its reggie time for most of november.

Hopefully he can still do upper body stuff because that's where he looked weakest in SL.

Comment

Working...
                X