Most Hated People In Sports Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Hated People In Sports Today

Toronto Raptors fans aren't upset that former franchise player Chris Bosh packed up his bags and left for the Miami Heat - joining LeBron James and Dwayne Wade in the process. Truth be told, many felt they were better off without him. They never got passed the first round of the playoffs, so the time was right to go in a different direction. But what irked fans in Toronto was they way Bosh departed. While the writing was on the wall that Bosh would leave before the 2009-10 season even began, he continually rubbed it in the face of his former supporters as soon as the Raptors were eliminated from playoff contention. From awkward Twitter postings to comments in the media saying Toronto was "different," Bosh left a sour taste in everyone's mouths, including that of general manager Bryan Colangelo.
    http://sports.ca.msn.com/other/photo...5611521&page=1
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Truth be told , I in all honesty don't care that Bosh is gone. Had he kept quite and left, maybe I'd still have a sliver of respect for him. It's pretty stupid to toy around with the fans and really I didn't even like Bosh very much when he was still here. Always saw him as a 2nd tier player and a guy who can't lead. Which is precisely the reason he has to piggy back Wade and LeBron to actually get somewhere in his career. Bashing the city is pretty stupid too. You get payed mass amounts of money to do something you love. You keep your mouth shut and play regardless of whether you like the city or not. It's always American players in the NBA. You don't hear many MLB players complaining about playing in Toronto, a city which once attracted the likes of Dave Winfield, Rickey Henderson , Paul Molitor and Jose Canseco, albeit they were all short stints. You also don't hear about American NHL players playing in Canada, just like you never hear Canadian NHL players complaining about having to play in Atlanta , Nashville and other NHL outposts. It's not that Toronto smells different, Dallas the hometown of Bosh probably just smells like shit.

Comment

American NHL players complaining about having to play in Canada. Possibly because they are mostly from Minnesota and Michigan. Non hick states

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
        Truth be told , I in all honesty don't care that Bosh is gone. Had he kept quite and left, maybe I'd still have a sliver of respect for him. It's pretty stupid to toy around with the fans and really I didn't even like Bosh very much when he was still here. Always saw him as a 2nd tier player and a guy who can't lead. Which is precisely the reason he has to piggy back Wade and LeBron to actually get somewhere in his career. Bashing the city is pretty stupid too. You get payed mass amounts of money to do something you love. You keep your mouth shut and play regardless of whether you like the city or not. It's always American players in the NBA. You don't hear many MLB players complaining about playing in Toronto, a city which once attracted the likes of Dave Winfield, Rickey Henderson , Paul Molitor and Jose Canseco, albeit they were all short stints. You also don't hear about American NHL players playing in Canada, just like you never hear Canadian NHL players complaining about having to play in Atlanta , Nashville and other NHL outposts. It's not that Toronto smells different, Dallas the hometown of Bosh probably just smells like shit.

I completely agree...Unfortunately, Bosh aka Rupaul and his stupid and ignorant comments about the city may have lingering effects for years to come...Hopefully, DWade and Lebron's bitch will get stuck holding his purse while they take care of business and get all the glory.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
          I completely agree...Unfortunately, Bosh aka Rupaul and his stupid and ignorant comments about the city may have lingering effects for years to come...Hopefully, DWade and Lebron's bitch will get stuck holding his purse while they take care of business and get all the glory.
          Nice to see someone agreeing with me. I see this as an opporunity for younger players to mature without the undeserved ego of Bosh on the floor

Comment

It's funny, when Bosh was here, Raptor fans were clamoring how he didn't get any respect due, but now that he's gone, he's made up to be some egotistical megalomaniac. Bosh never got any real help when he was here, so I don't blame him taking the cash and going to south beach. Now he's got the help, he can't complain anymore. There's no more excuses. I wouldn't say he's one of the most hated people in sports though.

Comment

Nothing more than the stereotypical (and sadly accurate) Canadian oversensitivity. In any other context the statement that Canada is 'different' from the US would be met with applause, but in this case the comments take on the negativity the fans feel toward the person that made them. I can understand it, the reaction is natural, but it's sad how little objectivity and media savvy fans show when dealing with the comments made by sports figures. On the internet, context is infinitely malleable.

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
                don't forget roger clemens.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Yes Bosh is a piece of shit
                  "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                  X