Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YGZ® Put Presure on Bargs as They Attend Maple Leafs & Argos games in 4 day period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Amir showing up at the Leafs game yesterday drew him a shout out by Kevin McGran this AM

Kadri could make Leafs on third line: Wilson
    Published On Tue Sep 21 2010

Kevin McGran Sports Reporter

LEAF NOTES

If there’s any doubt about Nazem Kadri’s future with the Maple Leafs, picture this: The biggest photograph in the Leafs/Raptors media room at the Air Canada Centre is one of Kadri.

There are others. Mike Komisarek is prominently displayed, with smaller pictures of Phil Kessel, Luke Schenn, Jonas Gustavsson and Dion Phaneuf (without the C). Raptors on display include Jarrett Jack, Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and Amir Johnson.
    http://newstimeline.googlelabs.com/

McGran mentioned Johnson last. My guess is that McGran only mentioned him because Johnson was at the game. Otherwise his list would either have stopped at Calderon or mentioned someone else.

Amir goes to Leafs game
    Fans and Leafs writers see him
    Leafs writer gives him a shout out in his Leafs column
    Amir's brand in Toronto takes a nice litte bump to the upside.

Bargnani got mentioned because he has been ID'd as the "Target" man. I shop a lot at Target. Will this nudge me to become a fan of Bargnani?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Good for Derozan, Weems, Johnson, Dorsey and Jack getting about in the city and taking everything in. Why shouldn't they? It's a world-class city. As for Bargnani, why is there so much shit being thrown around about him not being in Toronto? Maybe his schedule revolves around appearances he has to do around Europe. Just because he's not in Toronto doesn't mean he's less committed to this team.

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
        Stop using the term young gunz or ygz

it

is

fucking

stupid
        So you rook are telling our leader Arse that an acronym that he created; i.e YGZ® is "f--king stupid" and that he should stop using it. He most recently used it on on Raptors Republic on Sept 17th (see below) or maybe even later?

Ronald Dupree on YGZ® trial
        By Arsenalist
        http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/09/1...-on-ygz-trial/

I would politely suggest that had better hope that Arse is a tolerant person, which I do believe he is. However, I suggest that you may not want to push it.

Just saying
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Good for Derozan, Weems, Johnson, Dorsey and Jack getting about in the city and taking everything in. Why shouldn't they? It's a world-class city. As for Bargnani, why is there so much shit being thrown around about him not being in Toronto? Maybe his schedule revolves around appearances he has to do around Europe. Just because he's not in Toronto doesn't mean he's less committed to this team.
          +1. Knowing MLSE and their love of the almighty $$, I wouldn't doubt for a moment they have Bargs making all kinds of European appearances to pump up jersey sales and other Raptor swag. I mean, MLSE was actually promoting the Young Gunz "runs with scrubs" on the official NBA.com site. Who knows, perhaps Andrea himself wants to come over now, but MLSE has him back in Europe squeezing out every last marketing opportunity.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            +1. Knowing MLSE and their love of the almighty $$, I wouldn't doubt for a moment they have Bargs making all kinds of European appearances to pump up jersey sales and other Raptor swag. I mean, MLSE was actually promoting the Young Gunz "runs with scrubs" on the official NBA.com site. Who knows, perhaps Andrea himself wants to come over now, but MLSE has him back in Europe squeezing out every last marketing opportunity.
            You may be correct. However, it appears to be only a supposition on your part. If you have some proof to support what you wrote then bring it. We would all love to know that you are correct on this issue. Seriously.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              You may be correct. However, it appears to be only a supposition on your part. If you have some proof to support what you wrote then bring it. We would all love to know that you are correct on this issue. Seriously.
              Absolutely, unequivocally and unabashedly, 100% supposition and wild-ass theorizing on my part. Busted. So, is providing un-assailable proof the new criteria for posting here? Well, we might as well start shutting the place down, starting with the guy who posts the most.

Comment

Bargnani and Klieza not going to an awful Argo game or shitty Leaf game only proves their smarter than the YGZ rather than not willing to bond with their teamates. You couldn't pay me enough to attend either one of those time wasters.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  Absolutely, unequivocally and unabashedly, 100% supposition and wild-ass theorizing on my part. Busted. So, is providing un-assailable proof the new criteria for posting here? Well, we might as well start shutting the place down, starting with the guy who posts the most.
                  +1

Comment

Since when do we have the right to tell people how to spend their vacation? Bargnani can do what he wants in the off-season. If he decides to spend it working hard and getting better at his game, then more power to him - that's long-term vision that will help him in his career. If he wants to spend his time back in italy with his family and banging his stunning girlfriend - who can blame him? I sure as shit don't. The point is that when you're on holiday from work - are you learning how to use microsoft excel more efficiently? Are you learning the correct way to apply pickles on a subway sandwich? Or any of the other 10,000 things you could be doing better at your jobs rather than replying to posts about such a ridiculous thing as a few friends from a basketball team attending a hockey game or a football game? (myself included, I checked out of work about an hour ago, but I'm self-employed)

How does attending a hockey game or a football game together make people more cohesive on a basketball court? Would you go hang out with the smelly guy in accounting if it meant your company would meet it's projections for the quarter? Why do these people have to be friends?

Comment

ImissDelfino wrote: View Post
                      Since when do we have the right to tell people how to spend their vacation? Bargnani can do what he wants in the off-season. If he decides to spend it working hard and getting better at his game, then more power to him - that's long-term vision that will help him in his career. If he wants to spend his time back in italy with his family and banging his stunning girlfriend - who can blame him? I sure as shit don't. The point is that when you're on holiday from work - are you learning how to use microsoft excel more efficiently? Are you learning the correct way to apply pickles on a subway sandwich? Or any of the other 10,000 things you could be doing better at your jobs rather than replying to posts about such a ridiculous thing as a few friends from a basketball team attending a hockey game or a football game? (myself included, I checked out of work about an hour ago, but I'm self-employed)

How does attending a hockey game or a football game together make people more cohesive on a basketball court? Would you go hang out with the smelly guy in accounting if it meant your company would meet it's projections for the quarter? Why do these people have to be friends?
                      Over at NBA.com

Buyer beware: Top pick doesn't guarantee championship

Posted Sep 22 2010 8:13AM

Andrea Bargnani, Raptors, 2006. He wasn't the big man the Raptors staked their hopes to; that was Chris Bosh, who recently gave up his Canadian citizenship. If the Raptors ever win it all, this jump-shooting big man may be a reason, not THE reason.
                      http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Sounds about right to me.

Comment

So you rook are telling our leader Arse that an acronym that he created; i.e YGZ® is "f--king stupid" and that he should stop using it. He most recently used it on on Raptors Republic on Sept 17th (see below) or maybe even later?

I would politely suggest that had better hope that Arse is a tolerant person, which I do believe he is. However, I suggest that you may not want to push it.

Just saying

Yes i am saying the acronym he created is stupid. Sorry if that hurts anybody's feelings.

Comment

Over at NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Sounds about right to me.
                          So, he has to spend his offseason in Toronto with some of his teammates to be successful? That doesn't make much sense.

Comment

ImissDelfino wrote: View Post

It's beyond funny how some folks try to relate their and/or Societal employment in general to that of an NBA player- get a grip on reality. Unless you are in a related profession (NFL, MLB, NHL, etc) save all that facetious drama straight up- period no comma needed.

Correct, Bargnani can do whatever he likes in the off-season but as with a professional athlete in the NBA- especially the so called Franchise player Il Mago- their are expectations tied to his every off-season decision. Leaders lead in many ways but maybe Bargnani isn't ready to lead thus he's staying away until the last few days before training camp (this Monday Sept 27) begins to avoid being a team leader unlike Jack who's getting TO players organized in the TDot in order to prepare for training camp and the regular season on a positive note. To each their own.

Btw, if you have ever played team sports then you would over-stand that hanging out together and other off court team related activities (bowling, paintball, movies, dinner, BBQ, etc) can help to build team chemistry which was apparently an issue (alleged US/International player divide) last season in the locker room, which may or may not have affected TO's on court play & effort at times last season.

Heck, in little league we used to have team sleep-overs, camping trips and other types of team outings all the time as they help to bond the team outside of their said athletic arena on a more personal level.

True enough, not everyone has to like each other but they do have to know how to work together as a unit and be willing to sacrifice individually for the team concept if TO wants to win this season ala Milwaukee last season. The best way to get to know a player's strengths and weaknesses is to play with them so come game-time you know what they can and can't do on the court. Like I said before the best Raptor units this season may very well be sans Bargnani- time will tell....
                            Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Sep 22, 2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                              It's beyond funny how some folks try to relate their and/or Societal employment in general to that of an NBA player- get a grip on reality. Unless you are in a related profession (NFL, MLB, NHL, etc) save all that facetious drama straight up- period no comma needed.

Correct, Bargnani can do whatever he likes in the off-season but as with a professional athlete in the NBA- especially the so called Franchise player Il Mago- their are expectations tied to his every off-season decision. Leaders lead in many ways but maybe Bargnani isn't ready to lead thus he's staying away until the last few days before training camp (this Monday Sept 27) begins to avoid being a team leader unlike Jack who's getting TO players organized in the TDot in order to prepare for training camp and the regular season on a positive note. To each their own.

Btw, if you have ever played team sports then you would over-stand that hanging out together and other off court team related activities (bowling, paintball, movies, dinner, BBQ, etc) can help to builds team chemistry which was apparently an issue (alleged US/International player divide) last season in the locker room which may or may not have affected TO's on court play, effort at times last season. Heck, in little league we used to have team sleep-overs, camping trips and other types of team outings all the time as they help to bond the team outside of their said athletic arena on a more personal level.

True enough not everyone has to like each other but they do have to know how to work together as a unit and be willing to sacrifice individually for the team concept if TO wants to win this season ala Milwaukee last season. The best way to get to know a player's strengths and weaknesses is to play with them so come game-time you know what they can and can't do on the court. Like I said before the best Raptor units this season may very well be sans Bargnani- time will tell....
                              Why can't they do that during the season, like on roadtrips, why does it have to take place during the off-season? When you were in little league, did you have team functions during the season or during the off-season? I remember a few years ago in the 06-07 season, when we had like 9 new faces, the team went out as a team to movies, dinner, etc. during road trips to get familliar with each other and build cohesiveness and chemistry. If they can do it throughout the season, then why should it matter if they leave it till training camp/ beginning of the season. I'm sure with a lot of NBA'ers, their off-season is full with a lot of PR engagements and /or in the case of our foreign players - national team duty. This shouldn't even be an issue. Some are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Comment

Just saying
                                Although I do agree that the "YGZ" term isn't stupid or dumb, I don't think we have to listen to "our leader Arse" cuz he isn't a leader to anyone. He is just a blogger who has his opinion, which we could agree/disagree with. You make it sound like everything that Arsenalist types its a god given statement and that he is the messenger of some sort. The last thing I personally need is an arsenal fan telling me whats right and wrong with the Raptors. I will read and I will think about it, I don't automatically agree, Its just an additional insight to my further sentiment I have of the Raps.

Comment

Working...
                                X