Alabi Out With Hamstring Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabi Out With Hamstring Injury

Not sure how significant it is, but we're down another big man heading into camp this week.

With their eyes still on a big man to help fill out an injury-plagued front line, the team has lost a chance to bring back Primoz Brezec, who has signed with a team in Russia. General manager Bryan Colangelo is still looking to bolster a group that will start camp without rookies Ed Davis (knee surgery) and Solomon Alabi (hamstring).

Brezec, who made no real impression during a 13-game stint with Toronto in 2008, was among those under consideration by Colangelo. The others: Fabricio Oberto, who finished last season with Washington; ex-NBAer David Harrison; former Indiana Pacer David Harrison; ex-Knick Earl Barron; and Puerto Rican Peter John Ramos.
    Source - Click here

Saw this news a couple of days ago

Haven't seen anything indicating how it happened, which hammy it is or how long he is estimated to be out for.

I didn't expect Alabi to get many minutes in pre-season

Most likely he was going to go to Erie on the first boat out of Toronto once Erie started practicing in Nov.

The Raptors need Andersen's experience.

I remember the LVSL game vs the Kings

When Cousins finally got serious in the second half especially the fourth quarter Davis and Alabi were doubling teaming him and still couldn't stop him. Cousins is only going to be a rookie.

A lot of work needed by Davis and Alabi before they can become respectable NBA defenders. Takes a lot more than swatting a few shots away to defend adequately.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Sep 27, 2010, 12:27 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

TO could really use Rasho right about now.....all the available free agent, fringe NBA big men are being signed away by other teams as TO looks to be 2 big men short for training camp tomorrow- unless BC signs some more camp bodies.

PF/C DJones (Suns) would have been nice to keep around if just to ber a training camp body.

Comment

Working...
      X