• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Emerging as a Leader

Day 2: Raptors Pay The Price For Wandering Minds

Jay Satur - Raptors.com
    September 29, 2010

- Also showing signs of emerging as more of a leader was Amir Johnson, who stood out as a very vocal presence at the end of Wednesday's practice. It may not have been something he was as inclined to do last season, but he says he's determined to keep the communication active on the court. "Once you talk on the floor, it really helps you make the defence easier or the offence easier, so we've got to get into being vocal and everyone on the floor has to talk," said Johnson.
    Right on - He got dat right

Camp Day #2

Gee why does this not surprise me

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

That's good news, communication on the floor is key to defense. Even though they might not do so well this year on that end it's good to know these guys are trying especially Amir

Comment

Some good videos, f'real. Hope these guys can surprise alot of people. My only concern is the conditioning.
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

The other day on NBA TV i was watching the Washington Wizards Training Camp...Does the Raptors have something similar where we can watch highlights of the training camp...I would like to catch a glimpse of Linas Kleiza and Leandro Barbosa and the chemistry of the Young Gunz

Comment

E-Town_Raptors wrote: View Post
          The other day on NBA TV i was watching the Washington Wizards Training Camp...Does the Raptors have something similar where we can watch highlights of the training camp...I would like to catch a glimpse of Linas Kleiza and Leandro Barbosa and the chemistry of the Young Gunz
          Keep an eye on NBA.raptors.com or something like that. That is where most of the Raptors videos are other than those scattered haphazardly on Youtube etc.

By the way. Coach Saunders has ordered iPads for all the Wiz players. The Wiz are planning on putting scouting reports videos etc on them. They will replace the Wiz hard copy playbook.

Great idea. The Raptors might want to consider it.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
            My only concern is the conditioning.
            I wish that was my only concern. My main concern is the immaturity that the Young Gunz displays. Unfortunately I don't think the Raptors have a player that knows how to effectively lead them, and god knows Jay Triano has no clue. They may be fun to watch at times, but I think this will be an extremely frustrating season... unless Sonny, Demar and Co can grow up fast.

Comment

If JJ continues to make ignorant and moronic comments to the public about this team or former players then Amir could emerge as the leader. I only hope that JJ's flaws so far don't rub off on him.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                If JJ continues to make ignorant and moronic comments to the public about this team or former players then Amir could emerge as the leader. I only hope that JJ's flaws so far don't rub off on him.
                What type of moronic comments might those be?lol

The only thing I heard Jack say so far was that he called out BC for being a flip-flopper and stated the obvious that he is similar to D. Gilbert for saying one thing then when things didn't work out for him, saying the opposite?

The truth hurts but it's necessary to see the light.

Interesting how talking on the floor is now considered leadership but if you look back to last years team and noticed the players most "vocal" on the floor, particularly on the defensive end, they were NOT considered leaders and the management team has gone to great lengths to illustrate this.

It's going to be quite the ride this season!

Comment

???!
                  So now speaking the truth isn't allowed anymore?! get lost....

Comment

I have hard time to believe Amir is going to be a leader any time soon because he just doesn't look mature enough for this ... well, I hope he proves me wrong! Raptors wanted to make CB4 a leader when he was not one. Some people are born to be leaders, you don't have to ask them to make themselves leaders!
                    Last edited by insight_tor; Thu Sep 30, 2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                      ???!
                      So now speaking the truth isn't allowed anymore?! get lost....
                      Obviously you didn't hear his comments regarding his opinion that the team will be a lottery pick. Is that how a leader instills confidence??? We all know this team isn't going to win a championship any time soon but regardless a real leader believes in his ability and the team to be competitive at least before the season even begins. A real leader holds his up high with confidence not someone who is ready to quit or throw in the towel before any games are even played.
                      Secondly, he had no business commenting on if Bosh deserved to be booed and furthermore suggest that he does not deserve to be booed. He needs to keep that ignorant opinion to himself instead of insulting many Raps fans who feel deservedly slighted by Bosh and his offseason antics.

Comment

Obviously you didn't hear his comments regarding his opinion that the team will be a lottery pick. Is that how a leader instills confidence??? We all know this team isn't going to win a championship any time soon but regardless a real leader believes in his ability and the team to be competitive at least before the season even begins. A real leader holds his up high with confidence not someone who is ready to quit or throw in the towel before any games are even played.
                        Secondly, he had no business commenting on if Bosh deserved to be booed and furthermore suggest that he does not deserve to be booed. He needs to keep that ignorant opinion to himself instead of insulting many Raps fans who feel deservedly slighted by Bosh and his offseason antics.
                        I didn't hear Jack saying the team will be a lottery team. Can you provide that quote so we can analyze what he said? Did he also say he was ready to quit and throw in the towel?

He had no business on commenting about Bosh when a reporter asked him the question? Should he have said no comment? Why is his opinion to a question asked of him ignorant but your isn't?

Comment

anything thay has amir in the title and i created by buddahfan from here on out i refuse to read unless he averages a triple-double this year or he gts traded.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                          X