(9/29/10) Bosh Sportsnet Interview On Toronto Situation & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forge wrote: View Post
    "The only thing that "checked out" was Colangelo's ability to recognize talent and his fleeting credibility."

Well, that was a tad idiotic. BC may have had little success so far in advancing the Raps deep into the playoffs but lets not forget they finished 1st in their division in his first year, bringing players no one has heard of or haven't had much success in their careers. The moves he's made over years may have not panned out, but there was no question the talents those players possessed.

"This left him about the time he drafted Bargnani."

As for the Bargnani comment, i agree he's certainly not yet proven his worth of being 1st overall draft pick but how great qualtify centres/7 footers there are in the league? How many centre/7 footers in the league that can score with versatility like Bargnani can? If you look at his numbers, he has progressed every year, maybe not fast enough to us fans, but he's improving. With Bosh gone, this is his first real opportunity to showcase his vast potential. He may very well never become a dominant low post, defensive centre everyone wants him to be, but you can't deny that boy can score and has shown he can run around circles against opposing centres.
    BC has taken the Raptors from being the 2006 Atlantic Division champs (in the NBA's weakest division that year) to potential (preseason predicted) Conference chumps in 2010-11.

No playoff appearances in the past two years since BC prematurely fired coach Mitchell and replaced him with Jay aka MistaDoblina to fully implement his Euro based Raptor basketball philosophy which now has Bargnani as the Franchise player- even if BC & Jay won't admit that he's the go to guy in the media most of us recognize the real deal not the PR spin feel.

As well, BC has made sideways move after sideways move since trading for an injury recovering JO then repalcing him with Marion/Banks all the while coddling, babying Bargnani unto this very day.

BC has been tricking us with his slickery and slicking us with his trickery since day 1, it's just that now most of us can clearly see (especially if one removes the fanatical Raptor glasses or puts down the BC kool aid cup) that the GM has no clothes- so to say.

Bargnani will be playing PF this season if BC has his way so all those advantages he has over most NBA center will be nullified at the PF position which he will have to guard as well- especially if TO eventually signs Dampier.

When Bosh was injured last year and out of action did Bargnani step up, remain the same or fall off? I know the answer but I'll let you think about that for a minute then apply whatever you come up with over the course of a 82 game season w/o Bosh in the lineup. Bargnani can score, true enough, but he gives up just as much as he scores if not more due to his anemic rebounding numbers......News Fash.....Bargnani may be playing PF this season if BC can acquire a center...

For all you folks still swallowing MLSE CB f/a propaganda via BC & Jay (as not one Raptor player that has spoken on the Bosh incident ever said he quit on the team, wasn't a leader, etc) & bashing CB for whatever reasons- recognize game or remain mentally lame. Remember CB is still better than anyone on TO's roster and I predict will have a monster year in Miami as teams concetrate mostly on Wade & LBJ.

Also, just by comparing the recent media interviews of CB's with BC's & Jay's post free agency shows you the difference between moving on and dwelling in the past- with a touch of class. BC & Jay come off as smiling in Boshs' face while in TO then stabbing him in the back once he's gone- do folks think that the players don't notice this fact?
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Oct 1, 2010, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Lebron is MJ (being the best player)
      Wade is Pippen (being the second best player)
      Bosh is Horace Grant (being the third best player)
      Or Otis Thorpe/Ralph Sampson if we're talking Houston Rockets...
      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        also noticed that when the questions got a bit awkward, you could barely hear him speak, like he's eating his words. funny too when asked what his fondest memories of toronto was and what he would miss the most, didnt even mention any of his past teammates, or alvin williams who was a great motivator for the players...sam mitchell....just gives you reason to think he probably did check out, and much earlier than colangelo was even saying. gotta read between the lines.
        I'd think you'd recognize that they are tough questions to ask and answer and his tonal change shows he's actually giving it thought and answering truthfully as opposed to spitting out a Vince-esque cliché about those things not bothering him.

These 3 played together on the Redeem team and each one accepted team oriented roles that were very different than their NBA roles. This isn't the Kobe lead Lake Show or Durant out in OKC. as opportunities present themselves I'm sure there will be nights the offence runs through Chris, others when LeBron takes on the Magic Johnson role and yet others when D Wade just takes the fugg over. All this first option, second option stuff is BS. With three capable and dynamic players at 3 key positions it really doesn't matter and that's what makes this team so scary. You might slow down one or even two of them but I can't think of a team that has a prayer of slowing down all 3 for even a few plays. You think Kareem was worried what people thought of the Showtime "pecking order"? Hell no, all he cared about were the rings. Has it tarnished his legacy?
        Last edited by minks77; Fri Oct 1, 2010, 08:20 PM.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
          For all you folks still swallowing MLSE CB f/a propaganda via BC & Jay (as not one Raptor player that has spoken on the Bosh incident ever said he quit on the team, wasn't a leader, etc) & bashing CB for whatever reasons- recognize game or remain mentally lame. Remember CB is still better than anyone on TO's roster and I predict will have a monster year in Miami as teams concetrate mostly on Wade & LBJ.

Also, just by comparing the recent media interviews of CB's with BC's & Jay's post free agency shows you the difference between moving on and dwelling in the past- with a touch of class. BC & Jay come off as smiling in Boshs' face while in TO then stabbing him in the back once he's gone- do folks think that the players don't notice this fact?
          Well said. People are fronting acting like Andrea might be better than Bosh (hahahahahahayeahfuckinright) or that the Young Gunz will make us all forget. Whatever. And what you said about the dwelling in the past/moving on bit I agree 100%. He left and he had every right to. If BC really wanted to win with Bosh he'd of been trying to trade for a real center years ago. The raps not advancing wasn't one players fault, it was a personnel flaw. Too much redundancy in the starters, no one who could create on the perimtre and nobody in the post to protect the rim. If Chris' leadership was really such an issue THEY HAD 7 YEARS to figure that out.

Toronto fans need to recognize that Chris wasn't the problem. The suits and bean counters, front office shenanigans (Rob Babcock, VC trade, Hoffa) and plain old bad luck (Garbo injury, Jefferson interception, drawing Orlando in the first round, getting the first pick in a total crapshoot of a draft) were bigger factors in Raptors failures than Chris Bosh's "leadership."
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Mourning Serving As Mentor To Bosh

Oct 01, 2010 9:45 PM EST

Alonzo Mourning is becoming a mentor for Chris Bosh now that the former Toronto All-Star is in training camp with the Heat.

“That’s what he was brought back to this team to do, to relate to us,” Bosh said. “The best part about it is he’s been a big man and he has a ring.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...entor_to_bosh/
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Friggin Zo. He should of been mentoring Bosh back when he was traded here. Thief.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

How ironic.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                X