Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Keys To Winning in The NBA and How Will The Raptors Do in 2010-11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Keys To Winning in The NBA and How Will The Raptors Do in 2010-11?

New post on Raptors180

Raptors180 - Three Keys To Winning in The NBA and How Will The Raptors Do in 2010-11?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I read it. Sounds familiar. Oh yeah ... it's also called defence.

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
      I read it. Sounds familiar. Oh yeah ... it's also called defence.
      You missed the offense side. Probably because you are thinking in terms of the Raptors and don't consider it a problem to be solved. On that score I agree with you.

However if a team can't shoot the ball with a high rate of efficiency relative to the other teams in the league then they are not going to win even if they have a good defense.

Also the numbers show that creating turnovers is meaningless when it comes to winning.

On the other side it is always better to have fewer turnovers than not.

So turnovers only aid a team in one direction

If you look further into the numbers you will see that Carlesimo coached teams in the NBA did a pretty good job of holding their opponents field goal percentages down, however they created a lot of fouls in the process.

The idea behind the pressing defense that Triano and Carlesimo want to put in is not to force turnovers contrary to some thinking.

The purpose will be to force opposing teams into things like.

1. Shot clock violations
      2. Having to shoot the ball in the last 10 seconds on the shot clock which is when teams shoot the worst.

So bottom line:

Carlesimo's pressing defense that the Raptors are trying to install is intended to start the press up high and slow teams down in getting into their offensive plays. This leads to hurried shots,which are almost always bad shots, with the clock running down or no shot at all because of a shot clock violation.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Yes, I was thinking at the raps, and at your saying "it will be interesting to se how successful ..." etc.
        p.s.: why don't you go back to the other avatar (not the one with Edwards, the one with the girl)?

Comment

pistol pete wrote: View Post
          Yes, I was thinking at the raps, and at your saying "it will be interesting to se how successful ..." etc.
          p.s.: why don't you go back to the other avatar (not the one with Edwards, the one with the girl)?
          I don't think so.

At the time I said that she was just a passing fancy.

When it comes to me and women in the public media the top 3

1. Sarah
          2. Greta
          3. Keira

are inviolable

However, I will not use any of them for my avatar for a number of reasons.

Comment

Working...
          X