X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollinger's 2010-11 Raptors Player Projections

This via ESPN's Insider:

Starters

JARRETT JACK, PG DeMAR DeROZAN, SGLINAS KLEIZA, SFAMIR JOHNSON, PFANDREA BARGNANI, C Reserves

JOSE CALDERON, PGLEANDRO BARBOSA, SG ED DAVIS, PFSONNY WEEMS, SGDAVID ANDERSEN, C JULIAN WRIGHT, SFSOLOMON ALABI, CMARCUS BANKS, PGREGGIE EVANS, PF
    Source - Click here

wtf he predicts everyone getting playing time will average over 10 pts/game?

6.8 rebounds for Bargnananianaini? ha ha ha h aha

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
      wtf he predicts everyone getting playing time will average over 10 pts/game?

6.8 rebounds for Bargnananianaini? ha ha ha h aha
      Per 40 minutes DERP

Comment

That's odd, based on Bargnanis number's last year, his PER40 rebounding would be 7.08. So Hollinger is saying that Bargnani will actually become a worse rebounder. Don't think that's possible.

Comment

Wow. The top 7 players range from horrific to not good defenders, in Hollinger's estimation. A bit surprised by the Amir comment, although he qualified it with the fouling rate.

Hey John - tell us how you really think of the Raps defensive abilities?

Comment

Hollinger must have dug up some old Amir scouting reports on offense.

What he wrote about Amir's offense is a year old. Right now Johnson is one of the best in the NBA is rolling to the basket and finishing on post-ups and cuts to the basket to say nothing about in transition. He is also one of the best in the NBA at catching, shooting and finishing around the basket.

Regarding his one on one defense I agree that Johnson needs to improve in that area and obviously reduce his foul rate.

However, Hollinger's stats ignore team defense an area that Johnson has shown over the last three seasons to be consistently above average compared to other NBA Big men.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If 15 Per is an average NBA player he only has 3 players above that? Brutal! I dislike Hollinger with a passion, but this is relatively good, compared to the majority of his hack reporting. I'd say, Derozan, Kleiza, Johnson, Weems and maybe Wright will perform better than his projection. And Andersen seems to be the only one who seems a little too high.

Also, Kleiza and/or Bargnani will both score more than Barbosa.

However, looking at the roster I may finally be more a little realistic(pessimistic) This is not a top 12 team in the East.

So, I hope the preseason will change my opinion (fingers crossed).

Comment

Pretty impressive job by Hollinger, I would like to see ANYBODY on Raps Republic go through every player in the league and critique them. Of course there's going to be minor glitches like Bargs rebounds going down, but for the most part he's right about each of these guys traits.

Comment

I would have to disagree with almost everyone of Hollinger predictions. Jarret jack averaging 16.5 points a game and calderon averaging 17 points a game. If Hollinger didn't have a PHD in statistics then I would say Johnny doesn't now crap.

Comment

Guys remember this Per 40 minutes. None of these players play 40 minutes, but if they did this is what they'd average.

Comment

can't wait for our top 5 pick in 2011

Comment

one the biggest haters in sports .
                        ya dun noe

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
                          Per 40 minutes DERP
                          DERP ME
                          HA HA HA
                          I'm an idiot.
                          Let's move on.

Comment

What does DERP stand for?

Comment

Had to laugh at the comment about Kleiza's left hand..."might as well have a hook at the end"!! bahahahhaha

Comment

Working...
                              X