Toronto's All Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto's All Stars

So the season is fast approaching and it looks like our roster "is what it is".

That being said, for all those who attend games at the ACC, you are all familiar with those fan-voting slips for the All Star game. Generally there have been a few player options for voting each year.

So, this year, who will be on the bill? I think it goes with out saying that Bargs will be top of the list...but who else? Jack? Calderon? A stretch here...Amir? If there are 3-4 options, who will we be voting for?

Amir has about as much chance of making the All-Star team as Bargnani has of winning the scoring title.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Amir has about as much chance of making the All-Star team as Bargnani has of winning the scoring title.
      Man, I thought you were Amir's biggest fan!? I'm shocked.

PS, we all know Bargs will be an all star forward this year anyways, just a matter of starting or coming off the bench at all star game.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Man, I thought you were Amir's biggest fan!? I'm shocked.

PS, we all know Bargs will be an all star forward this year anyways, just a matter of starting or coming off the bench at all star game.
        I am a big fan, but I am also objective though most people here would not think so

Before I go making any glorious predictions about what Johnson will do in 10-11, I want to see him averaging 30 plus mpg.

I have some serious reservations that he can do that.

Even though I think he could start in 10-11 he is going to have to earn it. The Raptors management may be looking at him long term as a bench rotation play with Davis as the starting #4.

If that is the case then Reggie could wind up starting come opening night with Amir coming off of the bench. Then when Davis is ready to go he slips into the starting lineup and Reggie and Amir battle for bench minutes.

As people have pointed out Amir has never shown over a long period of time that he is capable of playing starters minutes at a starters level of play.

I think he has the potential but first he has to solve his foul problem and refs have long term memories. It wouldn't surprise me if Amir picked up two fouls tonight before he can even play four minutes. He has a long history of starting the pre-season/season slowly and then picking up steam after five to ten games or more.

We shall see

We will know more in three weeks.
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Oct 6, 2010, 12:23 PM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It'll probably only be Bargnani. I don't think there are always 3-4 options. I remember one year the Raps having 2 players. One year having 4 players. Considering they're not getting any real pub this year, it'll probably only consist of Bargnani and maybe Calderon.

Comment

im not sure if the ballots come out right when the season starts or much earlier, if its been printed before the season starts then im guessing only Bargs will be in the ballot, but if its a couple of weeks into the season, then Kleiza, Demar, Jose and Jack have a chance of getting into the ballot. But Bargs is a lock.

Comment

Can we add the Raptor mascot??
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

The Raptors dont have any all stars...lol @ Calderon...do ppl still make that joke?

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                  Can we add the Raptor mascot??
                  Or the sweat mop girl??? BTW, I wonder if she's back this year.....

Comment

Bargnani might, if he ever becomes a more aggressive player in the paint. If he can draw fouls, he can get 23+ points a game, even averaging under 8 rebounds, he could still be an all-star. I can see Bargs getting 25 and 8 in a few years Not likely, but still.

Comment

A) Nobody
                      B) They don't have one(though Kleiza looked mighty fine yesterday)
                      C) Nobody
                      D) Bargnani has no shot

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                        Or the sweat mop girl??? BTW, I wonder if she's back this year.....
                        She hasn't been back for years. ANd she's not all that.

Comment

Bargnani, Kleiza & DeRozan will most likely be on the bill. None have a chance to make the All Star game this season.

Comment

People still talking about bargs and 25 and rebounding and talking about in a few years AS IF he isnt 5 years IN to his career already...lol

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                              People still talking about bargs and 25 and rebounding and talking about in a few years AS IF he isnt 5 years IN to his career already...lol
                              Still young though.

Comment

Working...
                              X