X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W.
    replied
    Macc wrote: View Post
    If you mean who would you rather have as option #1, then I'd rather have Bargnani, he has a higher ceiling. Plus Bosh has already failed as a number 1 option. Probably why he went to go carry Lebron and Wade's bags in Miami.
    A higher ceiling? Huh? I'm not sure how a guy who avoids contact, can't create his own shot, doesn't rebound and doesn't understand the basics of team defense has a higher ceiling than a perennial All-Star. Please, can we get over this illusion that Bargnani has the skills to be a great player? He doesn't. I don't see him ever reaching Bosh's level let alone above it.

Leave a comment:

• Macc
    replied
    If you mean who would you rather have as option #1, then I'd rather have Bargnani, he has a higher ceiling. Plus Bosh has already failed as a number 1 option. Probably why he went to go carry Lebron and Wade's bags in Miami.

Leave a comment:

• noxleno
    replied
    Mike James the Amityville Horror.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    ... marching to the line 9 times a game by awkwardly bouncing off defenders
    You will be missing those 9 FT attempts at easy points this season. You'll also miss those fouls Bosh drew that put guys in the paint in foul trouble, which only further helped Bargnani.

awkwardly bouncing off defenders
    That's better than having a team full of guys who don't want contact.

and losing
    Prepare for far more losing.

open up the offense, rather than clog it
    Bosh is faster on his feet, has a better handle and a higher ball IQ. How will Bargnani open up the offense better than Bosh did?

command less touches
    Bargnani took only two less shots per game than Bosh last year and Bargnani was the second option then. You don't think that stat is going to go up this year as the first option?

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I couldn't help but notice there was no mention of rebounding or defense. I'm guessing those things aren't important to you?
    Just goes to show you that even unrealistic expectations don't include Bargnani becoming a strong defender or playing the glass.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Watching 82 games of Chris Bosh slowing the offense to a crawl ... marching to the line 9 times a game by awkwardly bouncing off defenders ... and losing ... losing in a very boring way! no thanks ... I'm over that, thank God!

Bargnani will need time to perform as the teams top scorer, but he will do it in a more exciting fashion than Bosh, and command less touches ... open up the offense, rather than clog it ... Yay Il Mago.
    I couldn't help but notice there was no mention of rebounding or defense. I'm guessing those things aren't important to you?

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    Watching 82 games of Chris Bosh slowing the offense to a crawl ... marching to the line 9 times a game by awkwardly bouncing off defenders ... and losing ... losing in a very boring way! no thanks ... I'm over that, thank God!

Bargnani will need time to perform as the teams top scorer, but he will do it in a more exciting fashion than Bosh, and command less touches ... open up the offense, rather than clog it ... Yay Il Mago.

Leave a comment:

• RikkJames
    replied
    I'd take Vinsanity over both of them : )

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm sorry but the poll is horrible. A good poll would not try to force someone else's opinion on the voters. What's the point of this poll? It's obviously not to come to a real, credible result. This is for sure.

It's sort of like me asking what's better:

A.) Apples (they taste like crap)
    B.) Oranges (delicious)

And for the record, Bosh never hogged the ball. Jay called iso with him at times, just as most teams do with their top scorers. Bosh only took two more shots a game than Bargnani but the efficiency was far superior.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 13, 2010, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    At this point I rather choose Andersen over Barney.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    If you voted Bargs you shouldn't be allowed to comment. Pumpkin head hasn't shown up in 3 preseason games, didn't show up when Bosh went out with the season on the line and just generally doesn't look like much of a baller. Talented? Sure thing. Gamer? Yeah right.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    It's a little mind boggling people are actually choosing Bargs over Bosh...

RaptorsFan4Life- Im pretty sure I'm over it man. Throughout the whole summer people were on here praising Bargs and now that he's been struggling I wanted to see if they felt the same way or if they realize he'll never be much of a leader at all. And yes, I realize it's preseason...

Leave a comment:

• insight_tor
    replied
    Bosh is gone. End of story!

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Bosh: NBA
    Bargs: Euroleague

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    Bosh if I have a great scoring wing or point, Bargs if I have a great defensive forward or center.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    Bosh is gone. Get over it.

I voted Bargnani.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X