• Show
Clear All

• Raptors 119 vs 76ers 116 F/2OT

Greatest preseason game EVER!
    Lead Changes: 12
    Times Tied: 9
    Duration: 3.3 Hours
    ------------------------
    Jack was amazing tonight, 24 PT 9-12 FG 4-5 FT 2-2 3P 8/0 RB 6 AS 2 ST 2 TO 3 PF 32 MN.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Oct 13, 2010, 10:22 PM.

I only caught the 2nd OT but couldnt help but notice Bargs was 6-22, was it really that bad?

Comment

Jack really brought his game to the next level in that second overtime.. Doubt they woulda won without him. I like how Barbosa's been playing as well.

Really a team effort tonight.. Amir rebounded well, Bargnani was a lot more aggressive, Demar did what he's been doing all preseason, and it was just a good game to watch.

It's game's like these you have to think.. Maybe, just maybe, the Raptors will be okay this season. L'chaim.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        I only caught the 2nd OT but couldnt help but notice Bargs was 6-22, was it really that bad?
        I think that's kinda misleading.. I'd say a number of those were missed put-backs. Bargnani was driving a lot more tonight, he wasn't shooting his best, but he was down low really grinding tonight.. Really played a lot better with the team, he was actually passing and getting involved on all the loose balls.. I liked his play, 14 points, 8 rebounds.. I'll take it for a preseason game, it's definitely an improvement from the first 2 games, and it showed us a little more of what he can bring to the team.

Comment

I noticed late in the game when a loose ball was in question that Bargnani instead of getting down on the court fighting for the ball he just looked on while other players on both teams struggled for the ball.........wow!

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
            I noticed late in the game when a loose ball was in question that Bargnani instead of getting down on the court fighting for the ball he just looked on while other players on both teams struggled for the ball.........wow!
            I saw that too. Way to leave amir on his own to battle, although one could argue that he was looking for the ball to pop out. Liked barbosa and jack for what I saw second half on. Amir had good energy but bargniani seemed forcing a lot before he clicked in ot. Missed it: why did kleiza only play 17mins did he get hurt or resting his Achilles?

Damn that pass from Jose at the end of regulation was piss poor.

Comment

That was a brutal sequence... It's OK, he's not really trying to hard, he's saving all his energy to play in the regular season! ppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffff!!! This is our new "leader/franchise" guy? Yikes... I hope it gets better for his and all our sakes though, I don't wanna dislike a player on my team so much.

Alright that's enough Bargnanci ranting and raving for one day for me, I'll try and focus on other guys who may actually care...

Comment

barg's and weems needs to find their scoring opportunities WITHIN the offensive sets. The offensive sets this year are really really good. Defense is good but when they collapse on the ball they can not allow the ball to get to the other side of the key. As surprising as this may sound dupree had the best man to man D in this game, he put his chest on another mans chest and played some good D I respect that.

I wish I could remember where I heard this quote from but someone once said "stats are for losers and fantasy league owners" if not one player on this team avg over 10 pts and we win I am happy with that. barg will hurt his game by trying to put up numbers, same thing goes for sonny, if those guys play within the set they will be much better for it.

my 2 cents

good win!

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                  I saw that too. Way to leave amir on his own to battle, although one could argue that he was looking for the ball to pop out. Liked barbosa and jack for what I saw second half on. Amir had good energy but bargniani seemed forcing a lot before he clicked in ot. Missed it: why did kleiza only play 17mins did he get hurt or resting his Achilles?

Damn that pass from Jose at the end of regulation was piss poor.
                  That pass reminded me of the NJ Nets playoff game when Bosh had his man sealed for an entry lob pass and Jose couldn't deliver him the ball..

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

No sometimes they just don't fall ! good defense and 4 blocks

Comment

I dunno, this game was entertaining sure, but at the same time we had all our starters minus kleiza, and it took us two overtimes to beat 76ers, who also had iggy sittin on the bench. Nice to know we can atleast stack up against the worst teams in the east -_-

Comment

wow even tonight u have something negative to say ...it's a pity that active hands in the paint they are not showed in the stats!

Comment

I saw the second half of the game and I thought we looked really good. Bargs showed some life and was actually rotating well on defense. DeRozen was aggressive which is what I think he can expect from this season. It also looked like there was actually some organization on offense unlike the past two games. A grain of salt though: the 76ers are small. Very small. Brand started at center small and they still beat us on the glass. Need some work guys..
                          I have to say that Jarett Jack has been by far the best player on this team so far. He gets to the rim at will, is rebounding, and tonight we saw him make some good passes.
                          I realized tonight that while we have no one who really shines, we have very good borderline starters pretty much 8 deep. If we start a line up of Jack, DD, Kleiza, Amir, and Bargs that means that our 6, 7, and 8 are Weems, Barbosa and Calderon. That is a very strong beginning I think hard workers Wright, Evans, and Dorsey round us out nicely. And we are still waiting to see what Ed Davis is going to be like! I feel good about the direction of this team right now.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I'm a hater but Bargs did show much more tonight. He was missing shots in the first q but playing pretty hard, very good D on EB42 and even rotated. Unfortunately he disappeared through the middle of the game, until he got going again late. He's maddening. He isn't even consistent throughout a game much less a season.

DD looked nice except for the Amir-esque fouls in the first half. Got crowned by Brackins but I guess that happens. He was clutching his hip late in the 4th, hope it's nothing.
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

footie wrote: View Post
                              wow even tonight u have something negative to say ...it's a pity that active hands in the paint they are not showed in the stats!
                              lol @ "active hands" stat, how about we make a "lazy butt" statistic instead, Barney would be NBA's top 5 in that category.

Comment

Working...
                              X