No announcement yet.

Is Jay A Pack Leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its pre-season I would do it if I was jay.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
      its pre-season I would do it if I was jay.
      Exactly that's what the preseason is for but now with just 2 games left it's time to set the rotation and use these last two games for those rotation players to get used to playing together as a unit by extended their minutes.

Comment

SirChilly try to watch some pre-season games. You'd notice that he has been rewarding defensive players with playing time. It's no secret why players like Evans,Dupree are getting playing time. While players like Calderon and Weems are getting less playing time then they did last year.

Jay said that his problem was that he was not using enough punishment for motivation. Something that JP is certainly helping him with this year.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
          SirChilly try to watch some pre-season games. You'd notice that he has been rewarding defensive players with playing time. It's no secret why players like Evans,Dupree are getting playing time. While players like Calderon and Weems are getting less playing time then they did last year.

Jay said that his problem was that he was not using enough punishment for motivation. Something that JP is certainly helping him with this year.
          I have watched every single Raptor preseason game in full, thank you very much.....smh Fyi- DuPree was waived today by Toronto......

The unit that brought TO back against Boston in the 4th Q while implementing the Team USA defensive strategies, tactics that Jay has been preaching all preseason long was as follows:

Dorsey/Alabi
          Johnson
          Wright
          Weems
          Banks (who locked up Nate on D when JJ nor Jose could)

Yet this is the projected regular season Raptor starting unit according to the most recent reports:

Bargnani
          Evans
          Kleiza
          DeRozan
          Calderon

A unit that I don't see getting out and pressing teams, taking them out of their offensive sets, turning defensive pressure turn overs into points and the rest of the defensive rhetoric that has been coming from Jay ever since he left Team USA....smh

Who is Jose going to pick up full court on a consistent basis with his Matador hand clapping defense???lol

DeMar seems a step slow in team defense recognition but he's been great in transition D.

I don't see Kleiza effectively guarding starting NBA SFs. Plus he has looked lost out there on defense at times this preseason.

Evans' defense, rebounding & toughness is a plus on defense but the bigger Dorsey brings all that & more on a higher talent level in my mind.

Bargnani still is very slow on defensive rotations/recognition, doesn't consistently run back on d, gives up too many easy layups/dunks in the paint, is seemingly afraid of contact ie doesn't box out effectively/hustle for loose balls/protect the rim and so forth......smh

Jay isn't punishing anyone that I can tell for not playing D as the bench is the best teacher in basketball yet the worst Raptor defenders are still starting ie Jose & Bargnani- actions speaks louder than words............smh Some more of Jay's piss being called rainwater from the BC kool aid committee.....lol

What's the flavor of the kool aid today??????
          Last edited by SirChillyMost; Tue Oct 19, 2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Any more thoughts????

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
              Any more thoughts????
              EDIT - Please refrain from petty namecalling & insults. - Doc

Comment

Working...
              X