Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Quotes From Sonny Weems (Bargnani Team Chemistry Related Past & Present)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Trife76 wrote: View Post
    I dont know about better than Bosh but i do remember people saying him and Bosh could be a twin headed monster lol...and in hindsight yea he completely fell off,is terrible on D and is soft as terry cloth....it was skewered by a decent rookie season one where he scored 48 points in a game...that right there is going to make ppl think he could be legit cuz not alot of bums rookies or not have done that......but looking back it def was a fluke...
    I don't think his rookie year was a fluke at all. He pretty much showed everything he is right now. Take a look at his per 36 mpg stats:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...villach01.html

    Statistically, he hasn't fallen off at all since his rookie season. In fact there are some thing he improved upon. He just played more mpg with Toronto than he has since because he's gone to teams with players who play better defense than he does.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

    Comment


    • #47
      Trife76 wrote: View Post
      I still get mad thinking about drafting Joey Graham over Danny Granger....we coulda had our own superteam...
      Just a note here, since some people seem to have forgotten. The consensus picks for us were supposed to be Gerald Green, Joey Graham, and Danny Granger. In that draft, Joey Graham tested as the best athlete of the class.

      Also in that draft, Danny Granger's medical revealed he had KNEE PROBLEMS. I hate Rob Babcock just as much as everyone else, if not more, but not picking Danny Granger was more of not taking a risk on his knees (similar to the DeJuan Blair story, but not as severe).

      Finally, I think Joey Graham would have faired much better if Sam Mitchell didn't destroy whatever confidence he might have had. Yes, I hate Sam Mitchell too.

      Comment


      • #48
        Marz wrote: View Post
        Just a note here, since some people seem to have forgotten. The consensus picks for us were supposed to be Gerald Green, Joey Graham, and Danny Granger. In that draft, Joey Graham tested as the best athlete of the class.

        Also in that draft, Danny Granger's medical revealed he had KNEE PROBLEMS. I hate Rob Babcock just as much as everyone else, if not more, but not picking Danny Granger was more of not taking a risk on his knees (similar to the DeJuan Blair story, but not as severe).

        Finally, I think Joey Graham would have faired much better if Sam Mitchell didn't destroy whatever confidence he might have had. Yes, I hate Sam Mitchell too.
        To be honest, Joey Graham was the player I feared Babcock would end up taking (if you look at his history, he likes taking the best athlete). I didn't like the pick at all. Of course I hated the Villanueva pick even more. Even with the knee issues, I still would have picked Granger ahead of Villanueva, and just to prove I'm being honest, I would have picked Gerald Green with the second pick. Obviously that would have been a bad move.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

        Comment


        • #49
          Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I don't think his rookie year was a fluke at all. He pretty much showed everything he is right now. Take a look at his per 36 mpg stats:
          http://www.basketball-reference.com/...villach01.html

          Statistically, he hasn't fallen off at all since his rookie season. In fact there are some thing he improved upon. He just played more mpg with Toronto than he has since because he's gone to teams with players who play better defense than he does.
          Context tho he was a rookie,i said based on what he did ppl might expect him tp progress and be a near AS calibre big based on things he did during that season go along with his ability to shoot....fact he never really improved is not the point,its the fact ppl saw some potential in his first season.....its that potential that is the fluke...

          Comment


          • #50
            Funny draft day fact: The T.V. crew criticized Babcock for not taking Joey G where he took Charlie V and Charlie V where he took Joey G... Even though there wasn't a chance in hell of Charlie slipping that far.

            Comment


            • #51
              SirChillyMost is right!

              I agree with SirChillyMost. I think. I don't really understand what he says most of the time. You're very confusing sir. Why do you keep calling Jay Triano MistaDoblina? I read the lyrics, I don't really see the comparison. Why are you on this board? I know, I know, you're a follower not a fan. It sort of makes me sad that you follow a team you're not even a fan of. Not just follow it in terms of reading the paper and the box score and seeing their results, but posting like 1200 times on a website designed for raptors fans. What other teams do you do that for?

              Comment


              • #52
                Dear SirChillyMost,

                SMH.

                Thank you.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Trife76 wrote: View Post
                  Context tho he was a rookie,i said based on what he did ppl might expect him tp progress and be a near AS calibre big based on things he did during that season go along with his ability to shoot....fact he never really improved is not the point,its the fact ppl saw some potential in his first season.....its that potential that is the fluke...
                  I see what you're saying, but maybe I just didn't see the potential that others did. It's the same with Bargnani. I simply didn't see the potential that others did when he was drafted.

                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Funny draft day fact: The T.V. crew criticized Babcock for not taking Joey G where he took Charlie V and Charlie V where he took Joey G... Even though there wasn't a chance in hell of Charlie slipping that far.
                  I thought I watched that draft, but I don't remember that. Was it the TNT crew? I do remember doing my own mock draft and predicting Graham would be picked by Toronto at 7 (and hating it), so I guess he dropped quite a bit. Apparently for good reason.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    the ESPN crew was surprised as hell that the raps took Chuck 7th you got that backwards....they all were saying he got picked too high and they only said raps coulda taken Joey 7th after they picked him at 16 they never mentioned him til he got picked....

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Although i dont care for bargs you could easily see the potential as a rookie...a big who can shoot with range who has agility and can handle the ball like a guard,cmon man even i can admit theres was mad potential there skill wise.....

                      I was thinking if he toughened up he could be a 20/10 guy thats unguardable at the 5....Big guys come out to guard him 15 feet away,he can blow by him and at the very least get FTs or get easy buckets...and if they stay at home he shoots wide opn J's all day.....in reality he should be crushing like crazy with his skill set at C but his lack fo balls just wont allow it.....

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Yeah it might have been SAS, can't remember who said it, but it was said.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Multipaul wrote: View Post
                          "an unknown overseas project"

                          wow

                          you do realize that bargs was going to go top 3 no matter what, he was far from unknown.

                          I wish you were 'unknown' to this board.
                          I could not agree more with your wish the non-fan was an UNKNOWN to this board, but instead the non-fan is getting bolder and pretty much dominating this board. It used to be a place to talk about the Raps, complain about the Raps, agree and disagree about the Raps and players, but not a place where it pretty much gets taken over by non fans as a place to continue to spew bs and unsubstantiated garbage.
                          As I've said before Sirchilly is a condescending, biased ( actually worse), self proclaimed know it all who says he's not even a fan, yet proceeds to rip apart everyone from Bargnani, Jose, B.C., Triano,Kleiza, ( notic a pattern) etc..while pretty much always supporting most others for everything from actual basketball related stuff, to personal stuff.
                          While I disagree pretty much with much of what Tim W. says and posts about Bargnani, he has the smarts and class to state his views and facts to support his opinion which I respect and can do so while disagreeing with some, most or all. Most of the difference is that Tim sees Bargnani's faults as a player on a consistent basis, and someone like me sees them but sees them as more occasional, and mixed in with more good than bad.This sirchilly idiot has none of the same qualities and serves only to come to a site of a team he is clearly not a fan of and spew garbage. He also seems to only have issue with white players and managers so I'm hoping that is not the underlying issue here.
                          He then proceeds to attack Bargnani personally over ad over and especially in this post to again show how dumb he actually is. You can hate his game, talk about his deficiencies as a player, teamate, etc.., but when you blame Bargnani for being on a high horse, and worse, and you continually speculate he is the problem, and it is a Euro problem versus the African American players you continue to show your true colours. Firstly sirchilly you know nothing about Bargnani so your speculation means squat and just proves your comments are worthless. If anything, anyone here who has half a brain may or may not like his game, but cannot put down Bargs from a personal perspective. He is a shy kid ( and yes 25 is still a kid today), from a good family, always says pretty much the nice thing, and has a proven high IQ. To blame the locker room bs on him is assinine. Bargs is in no position to have to try to suck up or befriend anyone.
                          While I am a Bargnani fan, I am also a fan of Weems, DeRozan, Kleiza, Jack, Jose, Evans, Barbosa, and everyone else in the organization especially Amir, and mostly a Raptors fan, and you are a fan of nothing.
                          Again there are us Bargnani supporters, and us Bargnani naysayers, and both groups have many reasons to believe what they do, then there are the pure haters like you and you sirchilly are not worth reading other than for amusement and someone to laugh at.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I guess I don't understand all the short forms but can you tell me what SMH stands for?
                            Thanks

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              do you understand what the difference between a FACT and OPINION is? Because you immediately followed up a "FACT" proclamation with an OPINION.

                              a FACT would be that Bargs wasn't the first unknown overseas project to go first in a draft. and the guy who was first DID NOT set a precedent of it being a bad idea.
                              Bargnani wasn't well known around the League outside of the media hype right before the draft no one I talk basketball with knew who the heck he was ourside of the media clips & a quick google..............smh

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                He wasn't an unknown. I just finished saying that Colangelo had scouted him for many years. Who in the top five of the 2006 draft is now anything more than a role player?
                                To the average person Bargnani was an unknown commodity....smh

                                LAldridge is the starting PF for Portland....smh

                                Come on now. Give me the cue when I should put on my tinfoil hat...
                                And you're a mod....smh


                                He was the second best player out of the consensus top four.
                                Says who? You? smh....


                                Maybe, now if only you can use your impressive hindsight abilities and project it into the future you'll be unstoppable.
                                And you're a mod.....smh


                                Rudy Gay was being talked about before the individual workouts. He fell out of favor somewhere along the way. Fact remains leading into draft day you would be hard pressed to see him in the top three in anyone's mock draft.
                                Not true......smh http://www.nba.com/draft2006/consensus.html

                                Make up some more ish Mr mod...smh

                                I clearly remember an interview, I think on the fan 590, where Bosh said he'd love for LaMarcus to come here because they're good friends but he'd be fine with Andrea as well. As for what you wanted, well, that's great but you don't call the shots and everyone who was getting paid to talk about this stuff was not mentioning Brandon Roy in the top three.
                                I clearly recall that Bosh wanted Toronto to draft LaMarcus.

                                Did I ever say that I call the shots?smh

                                Alot of folks missed on Roy- and?

                                I remember him talking about a veteran role player plus a lower pick.
                                That's helps me out alot....smh

                                Can you specifically tell me where Bargnani would have been drafted had he not gone #1? How about specifically telling me why five teams passed on Roy and why six teams passed on Gay?
                                Who knows?

                                You'll have to ask the people running the draft for those teams that question, son.smh

                                Ok, so? It still happens and it has worked out in the past for teams. TJ was the more talented player. They needed a PG at the time. As you said, TJ came in and played really well. It wasn't until he opened his mouth about losing his starting gig that he fell out of favor with a large group of the fans and suddenly could do no right. It was a good trade at the time. Unwritten codes are great but we need to apply logic here too. At the time it was a good trade and helped the Raptors more than the alternative, which was entering the season with a redundant time share between three guys. This trade did no long term damage but it did short term good. In hindsight, neither guy was the answer. People saying they drafted Bargnani because they wanted to trade Charlie V need to check their facts and logically think that scenario through because it doesn't make any sense.
                                Nothing but facetiuos balderdash....smh

                                Bargnani was Colangelo's boy. He had scouted him for years. Nobody in the top five was looking at Roy and Gay. The reason? One didn't have the perceived "upside" and one had "upside" but was raw and as such a high risk. From everything I read Colangelo had his sights on two guys, Bargnani and Aldridge. What happened next was to make way for one of them.
                                No one in the top 5 was looking at Roy or Gay?

                                Where do you come up with that bull chit to make yourself seem correct....smh

                                You & Tim W both make up shit in order to come off as being correct...smh

                                Btw- Thanks for deleting my response to Tim W that I just posted anew I won't retype that ish again....smh
                                Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Oct 20th, 2010, 06:22 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X