Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Quotes From Sonny Weems (Bargnani Team Chemistry Related Past & Present)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Krix wrote: View Post
    Or maybe you're too young, cause most of the stuff he posts are old.
    Watch what you call old, sonny. I have a hard time calling anything from the 80's or 90's old because that would make me ancient.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

    Comment


    • #77
      Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I read the quotes. I'm not sure your point.




      And you're not really explaining yourself.



      DeRozan is obviously the future at SG. Barbosa is an undersized SG who is best coming off the bench because he's undersized. I don't think it would be a god idea for Barbosa to start.



      Yes, he was drafted #1 in a weak draft. Great. That and no shirt will get you kicked out of McDonalds. And no one is suggesting that Bargnani was the best player picked in the draft. In fact, rarely is the #1 pick the best player in the draft.



      So because he's been "guaranteed" a starting spot the team is building around him? I'm not sure I follow your logic. To me, he's the only one guaranteed a starting spot because he plays the only position that doesn't have at least two players who can conceivably start at it.

      PG- Jack and Calderon
      SG- DeRozan, Weems and Barbosa
      SF- Kleiza, DeRozan and Weems
      PF- Evans and Johnson

      I think David Andersen's done a much better job than I expected, but I wouldn't even start him ahead of Bargnani.



      I saw above. It doesn't mention anything about how you can be a franchise player without either the offense or defense going through you.



      If Brand was Chicago's franchise player, why was he traded after two years for the 2nd pick in the draft? I mean, that's not even a #1 pick!

      Milwaukee didn't really have a franchise player. They had three players who were of equal value to the team. The year they went to the Conference Finals, both Robinson and Ray Allen scored the exact same amount of ppg.

      Kenyon Martin made one all star game, but was never, ever the franchise player on either New Jersey or Denver.

      Bogut is probably the best player on the Bucks, but Jennings is just as important to the team as Bogut is. The team is very much like the earlier Bucks team where there really isn't a franchise player.

      And the point of me naming all those players is to illustrate that being a #1 pick doesn't automatically make you a franchise player. That's a bit of a ridiculous statement.

      And you need to focus your argument. You claim that Kenyon Martin made the all star team and plays with more heart than Bargnani. Great. Unfortunately the argument is not whether or not Bargnani is better than other #1 picks but whether he's the team's franchise player BECAUSE he was a #1 pick. Martin was never a franchise player despite being a #1 pick.



      I've never seen a player come into the NBA as a bad defensive player, who couldn't get to the line and was poor rebounder turn any of those things around. You can improve on skills you already have, and you can learn how to shoot. Everything else should be instinct by the time you hit the NBA. It's why I didn't think his ceiling was as high as others did. Don't blame the Raptors or Bargnani because you didn't see his weaknesses as fatal ones.



      I said I thought you called him heartless. I've read lots of others do that. I may have been wrong but there's a difference between making stuff up and being incorrect. I could go through your post and call you on all the stuff you "made up", like that Bargnani was on his high horse.



      I think you need to look at the difference between truth and opinion. DOn't blame me. Your exact quote was "If hating is stating the truth then so be it but.....I can't see it". You were, in fact, not stating the truth but simply giving your opinion.



      You bringing up an unnamed instance where you CLAIMED I made stuff up, but not backing it up with an actual example is insinuating. I was trying to figure out the example you were talking about because that's the only time I recall you've ever accused me of making "shit" up. And in that instance, it was obvious I didn't make it up.

      Perhaps YOU are the one who is making things up.

      Also, is it Parkinson's that is causing your head to shake so much? It seems to happen in every you post you make. Terrible disease. I feel for you, buddy.
      smh..............................................

      Comment


      • #78
        SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
        smh..............................................
        I accept your surrender. And apology.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

        Comment


        • #79
          Apollo wrote: View Post
          So I just looked back on the draft mocks. I was wrong about Gay he was in multiple final mocks as a top three, but never going higher than three. Based on mocks shown at NBA.com his average draft position out of eight different independent sites was 4.375; not top three on average. I was however correct about Roy. He didn't make it into any top threes. His average draft position out of these eight mocks was 5.875.

          Link: http://www.nba.com/draft2006/consensus.html
          You can't blame BC for picking Bargnani, for anyone to say that he should've picked anyone else is some serious hindsight BS. Of all the blogs/websites/people at the time, I only know two people who outright told me that the Raptors should pick Brandon Roy without question. They had no doubt about it. Those two also happen to be the same people who told me the Raptors should've selected Brandon Jennings.

          Comment


          • #80
            Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            You can't blame BC for picking Bargnani, for anyone to say that he should've picked anyone else is some serious hindsight BS. Of all the blogs/websites/people at the time, I only know two people who outright told me that the Raptors should pick Brandon Roy without question. They had no doubt about it. Those two also happen to be the same people who told me the Raptors should've selected Brandon Jennings.
            I was adamantly against the Bargnani pick, but I still don't think it was a bad pick. He got, arguably, the 5th best player in the draft, which is not bad considering that the best player was drafted 6th and the second best player was drafted 21st. Also, 5 of the top 10 picks were complete and utter busts. That's a weird and unfortunate year to get the top pick.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

            Comment


            • #81
              Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              You can't blame BC for picking Bargnani, for anyone to say that he should've picked anyone else is some serious hindsight BS.
              I hear you. This is what I've been trying to explain in here.

              Back in the day I was pro Aldridge but after hearing Colangelo explain the selection I was on board.

              Comment


              • #82
                I was always pro-Gay...of course, that lead to a lot of immature snickering on message boards. The only player I knew would be a bust was Tyrus Thomas. Anyway, hindsight's 20/20. We might as well argue we took Wade instead of Bosh.
                "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                -Newsradio

                Comment


                • #83
                  This thread exemplifies raptor fan stupidity for all to see..

                  "You cant blame BC for taking bargnani" Really ? the irony is how he goes on to mention 20/20 hindsight BUT in hindsight that statement is completely corny given that nobody knew or projected him to be a star in the NBA...in fact ESPN was indifferent about the pick and silently ridiculing it cuz its based on alot of ifs,so to suggest he was the onyl pick that could be made at No 1 is false....in fact there were several players that could have been selected at No 1 and would have had a more favorable reaction from analysts....in reality LBJ is the only No 1 that was definitive....

                  I hated the pick the day it was made and 5 years later i still laugh everytime Andrea has a 11 pt 4 reb game in a blowout loss and the camera pans to BC frowning arms crossed trying to "figure it all out"...

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    I was hoping to see another DeRozan's cameo in this video clip.lol
                    I loved that master P video with him.. that was crazy.. haha

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Trife76 wrote: View Post
                      This thread exemplifies raptor fan stupidity for all to see..

                      "You cant blame BC for taking bargnani" Really ? the irony is how he goes on to mention 20/20 hindsight BUT in hindsight that statement is completely corny given that nobody knew or projected him to be a star in the NBA...in fact ESPN was indifferent about the pick and silently ridiculing it cuz its based on alot of ifs,so to suggest he was the onyl pick that could be made at No 1 is false....in fact there were several players that could have been selected at No 1 and would have had a more favorable reaction from analysts....in reality LBJ is the only No 1 that was definitive....

                      I hated the pick the day it was made and 5 years later i still laugh everytime Andrea has a 11 pt 4 reb game in a blowout loss and the camera pans to BC frowning arms crossed trying to "figure it all out"...
                      You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but from my recollection the issue with that draft class was there was no clear #1 pick. Without the benefit of hindsight there was no one in the draft class who people were 100% convinced would be a star. Just look at the draft class, it is one of the worst ever.

                      Toronto Raptors Andrea Bargnani, Forward, Italy
                      Chicago Bulls (from New York) LaMarcus Aldridge, Forward, Texas (to Portland)
                      Charlotte Bobcats Adam Morrison, Forward, Gonzaga
                      Portland Trail Blazers Tyrus Thomas, Forward, Louisiana State (to Chicago)
                      Atlanta Hawks Shelden Williams, Forward, Duke
                      Minnesota Timberwolves Brandon Roy, Guard, Washington (to Portland)
                      Boston Celtics Randy Foye, Guard, Villanova (to Minnesota via Portland)
                      Houston Rockets Rudy Gay, Forward, Connecticut
                      Golden State Warriors Patrick O'Bryant, Center, Bradley
                      Seattle Supersonics Saer Sene, Forward, Senegal
                      Orlando Magic J.J. Redick, Guard, Duke
                      N.O./Okla. City Hornets Hilton Armstrong, Center, Connecticut
                      Philadelphia 76ers Thabo Sefolosha, Guard, Switzerland (to Chicago)
                      Utah Jazz Ronnie Brewer, Guard, Arkansas
                      N.O./Okla. City Hornets (from Milwaukee) Cedric Simmons, Forward, North Carolina State
                      Chicago Bulls Rodney Carney, Forward, Memphis (to Philadelphia)
                      Indiana Pacers Shawne Williams, Forward, Memphis
                      Washington Wizards Oleksiy Pecherov, Center, Ukraine
                      Sacramento Kings Quincy Douby, Guard, Rutgers
                      New York Knicks (from Denver) Renaldo Balkman, Forward, South Carolina
                      Phoenix Suns (from L.A. Lakers) Rajon Rondo, Guard, Kentucky (to Boston)
                      New Jersey Nets (from L.A. Clippers) Marcus Williams, Guard, Connecticut
                      New Jersey Nets Josh Boone, Forward, Connecticut
                      Memphis Grizzlies Kyle Lowry, Guard, Villanova
                      Cleveland Cavaliers Shannon Brown, Guard, Michigan State
                      L.A. Lakers (from Miami) Jordan Farmar, Guard, UCLA
                      Phoenix Suns Sergio Rodriguez, Guard, Spain (to Portland)
                      Dallas Mavericks Maurice Ager, Guard, Michigan State
                      New York Knicks (from San Antonio) Mardy Collins, Guard, Temple
                      Portland Trail Blazers (from Detroit) Joel Freeland, Forward, United Kingdom

                      Even the guys who are successful are barely All-Stars with the exception of Roy (injury case now and injury worries at draft), Gay (max-deal but not a max player), Rondo (IMO the best player of the draft) and Aldridge (17.9/8).

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Bargnani was almost clearly the no.1 pick, if not he would have been second.

                        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...tgrades-060629

                        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...ory?id=2503711

                        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...had&id=2484931

                        Nuff said. Wasn't BC's fault, at the time, he was the least risky pick, but the most risky at the same time.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but from my recollection the issue with that draft class was there was no clear #1 pick. Without the benefit of hindsight there was no one in the draft class who people were 100% convinced would be a star. Just look at the draft class, it is one of the worst ever.
                          Nah, Bargs and Aldridge had 1 and 2 sealed for a while, it as just who was going first. Roy would have been top 5 if he didn't have injury woes.
                          About being a bad draft class, I agree it wasn't a good draft class, but Morrison and Reddick were great college players, and most expected them to become great NBA players but it didn't really pan out... Oh and WE SHOULD SIGN MORRISON!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                            I could not agree more with your wish the non-fan was an UNKNOWN to this board, but instead the non-fan is getting bolder and pretty much dominating this board. It used to be a place to talk about the Raps, complain about the Raps, agree and disagree about the Raps and players, but not a place where it pretty much gets taken over by non fans as a place to continue to spew bs and unsubstantiated garbage.
                            As I've said before Sirchilly is a condescending, biased ( actually worse), self proclaimed know it all who says he's not even a fan, yet proceeds to rip apart everyone from Bargnani, Jose, B.C., Triano,Kleiza, ( notic a pattern) etc..while pretty much always supporting most others for everything from actual basketball related stuff, to personal stuff.
                            While I disagree pretty much with much of what Tim W. says and posts about Bargnani, he has the smarts and class to state his views and facts to support his opinion which I respect and can do so while disagreeing with some, most or all. Most of the difference is that Tim sees Bargnani's faults as a player on a consistent basis, and someone like me sees them but sees them as more occasional, and mixed in with more good than bad.This sirchilly idiot has none of the same qualities and serves only to come to a site of a team he is clearly not a fan of and spew garbage. He also seems to only have issue with white players and managers so I'm hoping that is not the underlying issue here.
                            He then proceeds to attack Bargnani personally over ad over and especially in this post to again show how dumb he actually is. You can hate his game, talk about his deficiencies as a player, teamate, etc.., but when you blame Bargnani for being on a high horse, and worse, and you continually speculate he is the problem, and it is a Euro problem versus the African American players you continue to show your true colours. Firstly sirchilly you know nothing about Bargnani so your speculation means squat and just proves your comments are worthless. If anything, anyone here who has half a brain may or may not like his game, but cannot put down Bargs from a personal perspective. He is a shy kid ( and yes 25 is still a kid today), from a good family, always says pretty much the nice thing, and has a proven high IQ. To blame the locker room bs on him is assinine. Bargs is in no position to have to try to suck up or befriend anyone.
                            While I am a Bargnani fan, I am also a fan of Weems, DeRozan, Kleiza, Jack, Jose, Evans, Barbosa, and everyone else in the organization especially Amir, and mostly a Raptors fan, and you are a fan of nothing.
                            Again there are us Bargnani supporters, and us Bargnani naysayers, and both groups have many reasons to believe what they do, then there are the pure haters like you and you sirchilly are not worth reading other than for amusement and someone to laugh at.
                            smh...lol

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                              You can't blame BC for picking Bargnani, for anyone to say that he should've picked anyone else is some serious hindsight BS. Of all the blogs/websites/people at the time, I only know two people who outright told me that the Raptors should pick Brandon Roy without question. They had no doubt about it. Those two also happen to be the same people who told me the Raptors should've selected Brandon Jennings.
                              Yes you can and I do.....smh

                              Aldridge...........

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                JoePanini wrote: View Post
                                Bargnani was almost clearly the no.1 pick, if not he would have been second.

                                http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...tgrades-060629

                                http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...ory?id=2503711

                                http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...had&id=2484931

                                Nuff said. Wasn't BC's fault, at the time, he was the least risky pick, but the most risky at the same time.
                                Who knows if PO would have taken him or if he would have slid down?

                                I still find it believable that there was some type of backroom hand shakes & eye winks on some level in relation to TO getting the #1 pick & subsequently selecting Bargnani (whom BC had personally scouted for years beforehand) to go with BC's Euro/Global vision for the Raptors since he took over in 2006. Least risky pick was BRoy who was described as the most NBA ready prospect according to most NBA experts at the time as- I recall.

                                Coincidences? Frozen envelopes? Who knows?lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X