Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Quotes From Sonny Weems (Bargnani Team Chemistry Related Past & Present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImissDelfino wrote: View Post
    I agree with SirChillyMost. I think. I don't really understand what he says most of the time. You're very confusing sir. Why do you keep calling Jay Triano MistaDoblina? I read the lyrics, I don't really see the comparison. Why are you on this board? I know, I know, you're a follower not a fan. It sort of makes me sad that you follow a team you're not even a fan of. Not just follow it in terms of reading the paper and the box score and seeing their results, but posting like 1200 times on a website designed for raptors fans. What other teams do you do that for?
    I'm on this board because I want to be- nothing more, nothing less....it's called personal freedom....

Jay is MistaDoblina:

if you're down with Hip Hop then you would know exactly what I mean if not too bad......

Fyi- fan is short for fanantic- look the word definition up. I'm not a fan of no man, woman nor team.

Why are you so concerned with me and not the Raptor's? My advice to you is to mind your own business about my person.
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Oct 20, 2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
      To the average person Bargnani was an unknown commodity....smh
      Colangelo isn't the average person. He's the guy who had been scouting him for years. Not to mention there were rumors floating around that he wouldn't make it past Atlanta in the worst case scenario.

And you're a mod....smh
      There is a big difference between joking around and throwing multiple obscenities at people who don't agree with you. If I offended you with my comment I am sorry and I did not have that intention. What you said sounded like a conspiracy theory and I was trying to be cute. I guess it failed.

Says who? You? smh....
      Says the bulk of the mock drafts I saw heading into draft week. I wasn't hearing rumors about Roy going in the top three. I can't remember hearing Gay's name in the top three after workouts. Don't know what else to say about that, just repeating what I remember from that time.

Alot of folks missed on Roy- and?
      It goes to show you what many scouts and executives were thinking. He was a surprise. We can stand here and diss 29 teams for missing on Arenas, Ellis and Milsap but where does that get us? They didn't impress enough to get noticed any higher. It happens. Roy wasn't on the radar for the top picks because there were many more, perceived, better options.

No one in the top 5 was looking at Roy or Gay? Where do you come up with that bull chit to make yourself seem correct....smh You & Tim W both make up shit in order to come off as being correct...smh & Thanks for deleting my response to Tim W that I just posted anew....smh
      Never said they weren't looking at them. I clearly said Gay fell off after workouts, which means he was looked at thoroughly. I also said that Roy fell back because of perceived lack of upside. I remember many suggesting he was the most NBA ready player. No one in mainstream predicted him to be what he is today.
      Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 20, 2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Right & Wrong

So I just looked back on the draft mocks. I was wrong about Gay he was in multiple final mocks as a top three, but never going higher than three. Based on mocks shown at NBA.com his average draft position out of eight different independent sites was 4.375; not top three on average. I was however correct about Roy. He didn't make it into any top threes. His average draft position out of these eight mocks was 5.875.

Link: http://www.nba.com/draft2006/consensus.html

Comment

a) Who's to say Bargnani didn't welcome them to the team?
          b) You're not taking personality and language into consideration at all. Perhaps you've never been in a foreign speaking country, but it's incredibly difficult to insert yourself into a group of people who you might not understand half of what they say.
          Read Sonny's quotes....smh

Also, on yesterday's segment of Raptors Today Sonny said the same exact thing verbatim.

You brought up the fact that Calderon and Bargnani are the longest serving Raptors, and that Colangelo is trying to trade Cadleron. You brought this up in a paragraph that discussed why Bargnani is the franchise player. I'm just trying to follow your logic. It can be difficult, sometimes.
          And?

I don't know if ANY of the current Raptors should be starting, but that's not the point. The point is, on this Raptors team, DeRozan is one of the main guys.
          The point is that talent doesn't always start in TO ie Jose over Jack/Evans over Amir despite both being outplayed so far this preseason by the former...smh

DeRozan is one of the main guys only because BC drafted him but yet Barbosa has been outplaying him this preseason at the 2 guard spot? smh

WHy do you keep bringing up the fact he was draft #1 overall. That's ancient history. And you have not once backed up WHY you think Bargnani is the franchise player. Just that he is. Just saying something doesn't make it so.
          Because he was drafted #1 overall- fact.

Bargnani is the only Raptor with a guaranteed starting position ie the Rap's are building around him ='s Franchise player- Sherlock, no matter what BC or Jay say to the contrary- unless you're drinking the kool aid now?

Do I have to spell out, spoon feed everything to you?smh

I don't think Bargnani is the franchise player because the offense doesn't revolve around him, the defense doesn't revolve around him and it's incredibly hard to be a franchise player when you don't have a dominant skill.
          See above....smh

You've used that already. Do you have a new witty retort? And other than it rhyming, it doesn't really make much sense.
          smh........

Teams hope to get the number one pick because the hope is that they will get a chance to draft the best player in the draft and, if their lucky, he will end up being a franchise player. In the last 20 years, Greg Oden, Andrew Bogut, Kwame Brown, Kenyon Martin, Elton Brand, Michael Olowokandi, Joe Smith and Glenn Robinson were all drafted #1. I don't consider ANY of them franchise players. And that's 40% of the number 1 picks in the last 20 years. I think guys like Bogut and Brand were/are excellent players who might be borderline All-Stars, but certainly not franchise players. In some cases, the guys right after them never became great, either. The draft is usually a crap shoot. Getting the #1 pick is simply a way to make the odds of getting a very good player better.
          Who do you think you are talking to Willie Foo-Foo?

Brand was a Franchise player in Chi & LA and a NBA All Star....smh

Glenn Big Dog Robinson was a Franchise player in Milwaukee and a NBA All Star....smh

KMart has been a NBA All Star something Andrea No Star Bargnani will never be in the NBA plus he plays with heart.

Bogut is currently the Franchise player in Milwaukee- when healthy, and bodies Bargnani in the paint whenever they have played against each other..smh

The other players you listed are either busts, been too oft injured and/or are just a dissapointment like Bargnani.

I don't know why you were expecting Bargnani to be better than he is right now. When he was drafted he was a very poor rebounder who didn't get to the line and didn't seem to be able to play defense. If you don't learn that stuff before you're drafted, you're probably never learning it.
          Organizational & self player developement.smh

My exact quote was "These comments that he's heartless or soulless simply make the person saying that seem petty". It was meant as a generalization, otherwise I would have said that it makes you seem petty.
          smh......

I'm pretty sure you have called him heartless on more than one occasion.
          Once again I have never called Bargnani heartless- some more made up shit from you.

I said he plays (basketball) with no heart. Comprehend?

If it's your opinion, don't say it's the truth.
          In this forum most everything is an opinion whether informed or not....smh

I believe you are referring to the argument where I stated that Colangelo said that Brandon Roy was the best player in his draft year. I linked to two unrelated discussions about the quote and everyone but you seemed to agree I had backed up my argument. I have never made anything up in an argument and you are in fact lying by saying that.
          Once again trying to insinuate some shit in order to come off as being correct...smh

The thread in question had nothing to do with BRoy...smh Try again....smh
          Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Oct 20, 2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            So I just looked back on the draft mocks. I was wrong about Gay he was in multiple final mocks as a top three, but never going higher than three. Based on mocks shown at NBA.com his average draft position out of eight different independent sites was 4.375; not top three on average. I was however correct about Roy. He didn't make it into any top threes. His average draft position out of these eight mocks was 5.875.

Link: http://www.nba.com/draft2006/consensus.html
            You can really just save your drama....smh

Make up some more stuff....smh

Comment

If I were making things up I wouldn't turn around and tell on myself. I was mistaken on Gay but correct about Roy. I can admit when I'm wrong about something. We're talking about things that happened four years ago. Back to Gay, regardless of where he placed in mocks he was drafted much later than the top three.

Comment

Colangelo isn't the average person. He's the guy who had been scouting him for years. Not to mention there were rumors floating around that he wouldn't make it past Atlanta in the worst case scenario.
                Apparently he is if he scouted Bargnani as the #1 pick can you say the 1st step in Europeanizing the Raptors........smh

There is a big difference between joking around and throwing multiple obscenities at people who don't agree with you. If I offended you with my comment I am sorry and I did not have that intention. What you said sounded like a conspiracy theory and I was trying to be cute. I guess it failed.
                You failed........smh

Says the bulk of the mock drafts I saw heading into draft week. I wasn't hearing rumors about Roy going in the top three. I can't remember hearing Gay's name in the top three after workouts. Don't know what else to say about that, just repeating what I remember from that time.
                Save your facetious drama...smh

It goes to show you what many scouts and executives were thinking. He was a surprise. We can stand here and diss 29 teams for missing on Arenas, Ellis and Milsap but where does that get us? They didn't impress enough to get noticed any higher. It happens. Roy wasn't on the radar for the top picks because there were many more, perceived, better options.
                Roy went 6th overall so he couldn't be that much of a surprise...smh And he then was traded for the number 4 pick so he could have potentially went 4th w/o the trade......smh

Never said they weren't looking at them. I clearly said Gay fell off after workouts, which means he was looked at thoroughly. I also said that Roy fell back because of perceived lack of upside. I remember many suggesting he was the most NBA ready player. No one in mainstream predicted him to be what he is today.
                Portland drafted 4th and traded for Roy so they had to be looking at him...smh

Gay fell off? He was drafted 8th overall?

Roy was the most NBA ready according to many reports- so why didn't BC add him to Bosh, Charlie V instead of drafting a (project) player who plays the same finesse PF position/game as his current franchise player at the time- Bosh?

BC was Europeanizing TO......smh

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  If I were making things up I wouldn't turn around and tell on myself. I was mistaken on Gay but correct about Roy. I can admit when I'm wrong about something. We're talking about things that happened four years ago. Back to Gay, regardless of where he placed in mocks he was drafted much later than the top three.
                  smh......

Comment

I'm on this board because I want to be- nothing more, nothing less....it's called personal freedom....

Jay is MistaDoblina:

if you're down with Hip Hop then you would know exactly what I mean if not too bad......

Fyi- fan is short for fanantic- look the word definition up. I'm not a fan of no man, woman nor team.

Why are you so concerned with me and not the Raptor's? My advice to you is to mind your own business about my person.
                    Haha I am concerned with the raptors. Because I like them. I genuinely enjoy watching them, and I hope they succeed at some point. I don't sit around and point out deficiencies and make wild, odd accusations about people drinking kool-aid because of what their management is doing (or not doing). And you're right, I'm not "down" with hip-hop I guess. Although I do genuinely enjoy the era of hip-hop you seem to post up here all the time, I guess I missed the hidden meanings of MistaDoblina. Is what you're saying is that Jay Triano is upper management's bitch? or that you'll make him your bitch? Because both of those themes seem to pop up in the lyrics. I just wanted a little clarification is all. You're kind of all over the place. Are you a fan or a follower of hip-hop? Do you post on boards about how record labels aren't running their shows properly?

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                      I guess I don't understand all the short forms but can you tell me what SMH stands for?
                      Thanks
                      I had to look it up. It stands for 'shake my head'. It doesn't mention how often one can use it before it's overused, but I'm guessing SirChillyMost is over his.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You're all getting trolled by smh.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          I had to look it up. It stands for 'shake my head'. It doesn't mention how often one can use it before it's overused, but I'm guessing SirChillyMost is over his.
                          Thanks Tim. I'm not so sure sirchilly has overused it; he may have over typed it, but he really needs to " GIVE HIS HEAD A SHAKE!" lol

Comment

Read Sonny's quotes....smh

Also, on yesterday's segment of Raptors Today Sonny said the same exact thing verbatim.
                            I read the quotes. I'm not sure your point.

And?
                            And you're not really explaining yourself.

The point is that talent doesn't always start in TO ie Jose over Jack/Evans over Amir despite both being outplayed so far this preseason by the former...smh

DeRozan is one of the main guys only because BC drafted him but yet Barbosa has been outplaying him this preseason at the 2 guard spot? smh
                            DeRozan is obviously the future at SG. Barbosa is an undersized SG who is best coming off the bench because he's undersized. I don't think it would be a god idea for Barbosa to start.

Because he was drafted #1 overall- fact.
                            Yes, he was drafted #1 in a weak draft. Great. That and no shirt will get you kicked out of McDonalds. And no one is suggesting that Bargnani was the best player picked in the draft. In fact, rarely is the #1 pick the best player in the draft.

Bargnani is the only Raptor with a guaranteed starting position ie the Rap's are building around him ='s Franchise player- Sherlock, no matter what BC or Jay say to the contrary- unless you're drinking the kool aid now?

Do I have to spell out, spoon feed everything to you?smh
                            So because he's been "guaranteed" a starting spot the team is building around him? I'm not sure I follow your logic. To me, he's the only one guaranteed a starting spot because he plays the only position that doesn't have at least two players who can conceivably start at it.

PG- Jack and Calderon
                            SG- DeRozan, Weems and Barbosa
                            SF- Kleiza, DeRozan and Weems
                            PF- Evans and Johnson

I think David Andersen's done a much better job than I expected, but I wouldn't even start him ahead of Bargnani.

See above....smh
                            I saw above. It doesn't mention anything about how you can be a franchise player without either the offense or defense going through you.

Who do you think you are talking to Willie Foo-Foo?

Brand was a Franchise player in Chi & LA and a NBA All Star....smh

Glenn Big Dog Robinson was a Franchise player in Milwaukee and a NBA All Star....smh

KMart has been a NBA All Star something Andrea No Star Bargnani will never be in the NBA plus he plays with heart.

Bogut is currently the Franchise player in Milwaukee- when healthy, and bodies Bargnani in the paint whenever they have played against each other..smh

The other players you listed are either busts, been too oft injured and/or are just a dissapointment like Bargnani.
                            If Brand was Chicago's franchise player, why was he traded after two years for the 2nd pick in the draft? I mean, that's not even a #1 pick!

Milwaukee didn't really have a franchise player. They had three players who were of equal value to the team. The year they went to the Conference Finals, both Robinson and Ray Allen scored the exact same amount of ppg.

Kenyon Martin made one all star game, but was never, ever the franchise player on either New Jersey or Denver.

Bogut is probably the best player on the Bucks, but Jennings is just as important to the team as Bogut is. The team is very much like the earlier Bucks team where there really isn't a franchise player.

And the point of me naming all those players is to illustrate that being a #1 pick doesn't automatically make you a franchise player. That's a bit of a ridiculous statement.

And you need to focus your argument. You claim that Kenyon Martin made the all star team and plays with more heart than Bargnani. Great. Unfortunately the argument is not whether or not Bargnani is better than other #1 picks but whether he's the team's franchise player BECAUSE he was a #1 pick. Martin was never a franchise player despite being a #1 pick.

Organizational & self player developement.smh
                            I've never seen a player come into the NBA as a bad defensive player, who couldn't get to the line and was poor rebounder turn any of those things around. You can improve on skills you already have, and you can learn how to shoot. Everything else should be instinct by the time you hit the NBA. It's why I didn't think his ceiling was as high as others did. Don't blame the Raptors or Bargnani because you didn't see his weaknesses as fatal ones.

smh......

Once again I have never called Bargnani heartless- some more made up shit from you.

I said he plays (basketball) with no heart. Comprehend?
                            I said I thought you called him heartless. I've read lots of others do that. I may have been wrong but there's a difference between making stuff up and being incorrect. I could go through your post and call you on all the stuff you "made up", like that Bargnani was on his high horse.

In this forum most everything is an opinion whether informed or not....smh
                            I think you need to look at the difference between truth and opinion. DOn't blame me. Your exact quote was "If hating is stating the truth then so be it but.....I can't see it". You were, in fact, not stating the truth but simply giving your opinion.

Once again trying to insinuate some shit in order to come off as being correct...smh

The thread in question had nothing to do with BRoy...smh Try again....smh
                            You bringing up an unnamed instance where you CLAIMED I made stuff up, but not backing it up with an actual example is insinuating. I was trying to figure out the example you were talking about because that's the only time I recall you've ever accused me of making "shit" up. And in that instance, it was obvious I didn't make it up.

Perhaps YOU are the one who is making things up.

Also, is it Parkinson's that is causing your head to shake so much? It seems to happen in every you post you make. Terrible disease. I feel for you, buddy.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Also, is it Parkinson's that is causing your head to shake so much? It seems to happen in every you post you make. Terrible disease. I feel for you, buddy.

Tim I think what is causing his head to shake so much is all the crap he posts here as music! I just tried watching and listening to the clips you posted here and my apologies because maybe I'm a little older than some of you guys who like that stuff but wow I could not keep it on for more than a few seconds...what crap!!

Comment

Or maybe you're too young, cause most of the stuff he posts are old.

Comment

Working...
                                X