Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Quotes From Sonny Weems (Bargnani Team Chemistry Related Past & Present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirChillyMost
    replied
    Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
    I gotta back Tim W. on this one, though. The gist of your earlier post does make it seem like you consider him some sort of aloof automaton who doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself and considers other people beneath him ("high horse"). Do we know that? From all interviews, Andrea's always been portrayed as quiet, shy, even distant, but never arrogant or stand-offish. It could just be his English wasn't good and he wasn't comfortable, a friend of mine who I know is a great and funny, humble guy is struggling here cause his English is crap and it embarrasses him when people are speaking slang and he doesn't know how to respond so he clams up. It could be it's not his personality, he's always come across as reserved, even in an ESPN article from his rookie year where players struggled to talk about him beyond "he speaks Italian". Or maybe he's got other things on his mind, and needs to grow some cajones. I remember his second year when he was playing terribly, he had surgery in the off-season and when someone asked him about it, he said off hand that he couldn't breathe properly...and he never thought to bring that up?

Criticize him for his lackadaisical play, criticize him for his infuriating shot selection, his seeming aversion to rebounding. That's fair. Don't pick on him for what you PERCEIVE are locker room dilemmas, at least not until someone on the team brings it up.
    First off I don't care who you back...smh lol

Fyi- Sonny Weems brought this chemistry issue up when interviewed- check the related quotes- Sherlock. As well he said as much on Raptors Today (10/19/10)...smh

You should really think before you post........smh

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Who is we?lol I'm just pointing out that Bargnani was part of the problem not the whole problem last season in the locker room- nothing more, nothing less.

Have you ever played HS basketball or higher before? If not then you wouldn't understand. If so then you would understand.
    I've played ball on a couple of different levels, including high school, but that was a long, long time ago. And my point was that you seemed to be blaming Bargnani for being on his "high horse". That doesn't sound like you were spreading the blame, but pointing fingers at him exclusively.

Why is Bargnani now the Raptor's Franchise player? Is this a rhetorical question- seriously.lol What is he to you a role player????lol Look at Toronto's roster the only player that's been a Raptor longer than Bargnani is Jose (and BC is trying to trade him).
    So because Colangelo is not trying to trade Bargnani's he's the franchise player? Is DeRozan a role player? If not, then why isn't he the franchise player? I wouldn't say the Raptors HAVE a franchise player at this point, and I think most people would tend to agree.

As well, comparing Bargnani to the oft injured Greg Oden and/or Darko (who was drafted by Detroit) is beyond facetious, buddy-o. I guess some folks will say anything in order to make themselves come off as being correct.smh
    I was trying to make a point that it doesn't matter where a player is drafted. You've really got to get over where he was drafted. It was a poor draft year and once the draft is done, it doesn't matter where the player was drafted. Only how he performs.

Fyi- I believe that BC said Bargnani was a 5 year project when he was drafted #1 overall back in 2006- did he not? Well Bosh is gone & now the roosters have come home to roost.......smh If it bothers you so much then go light a fire under Bargnani's non hustling ass.
    Yes, Colangelo did say that Bargnani was a 5 year project. And you know what, he's about where I expected him to be at this point. I think you're mistaking me for someone who actually thinks highly of Bargnani's game. I don't.

Also, I never said Barg's was soulless (some more made up shit from you) but he does play the game with no heart in my mind- point blank.

You're reaction to my post was purely emotional thus you tried to rationalize some bull chit (Oden, Darko) as being relative particulars to Bargnani's NBA career & current roster status in Toronto. You can take your valid, well thought out intellect and conduct a mirror check.....smh lol

If hating is stating the truth then so be it but.....I can't see it:
    I never said that YOU said he was soulless (you have said he was heartless), but I was speaking generally. I had just read a comment from someone who said that exact thing.

And is it truthful that Bargnani got off his high horse to sit with the guys in the back of the bus? Was Bargnani on his high horse? A lot of what you state is actually conjecture, not truth. You really need to learn to tell the difference. Maybe I'll try and find a music video for you to watch to make it easier for you.

Also, maybe you could tell me what I have made up in the past. I can think of any instances.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Haddock
    replied
    I gotta back Tim W. on this one, though. The gist of your earlier post does make it seem like you consider him some sort of aloof automaton who doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself and considers other people beneath him ("high horse"). Do we know that? From all interviews, Andrea's always been portrayed as quiet, shy, even distant, but never arrogant or stand-offish. It could just be his English wasn't good and he wasn't comfortable, a friend of mine who I know is a great and funny, humble guy is struggling here cause his English is crap and it embarrasses him when people are speaking slang and he doesn't know how to respond so he clams up. It could be it's not his personality, he's always come across as reserved, even in an ESPN article from his rookie year where players struggled to talk about him beyond "he speaks Italian". Or maybe he's got other things on his mind, and needs to grow some cajones. I remember his second year when he was playing terribly, he had surgery in the off-season and when someone asked him about it, he said off hand that he couldn't breathe properly...and he never thought to bring that up?

Criticize him for his lackadaisical play, criticize him for his infuriating shot selection, his seeming aversion to rebounding. That's fair. Don't pick on him for what you PERCEIVE are locker room dilemmas, at least not until someone on the team brings it up.

Leave a comment:

• SirChillyMost
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I've got to say, I don't understand this whole attitude. Are we blaming Bargnani now for the apparent split in the locker room? Why? Why say that Bargnani was on his high horse? Was Bargnani ever INVITED to join the other guys? If you're not an outgoing person, it's pretty hard to try and insert yourself into a close group of friends. And it might not be appreciated.

And why is Bargnani the franchise player? Because of where he was drafted? What sense does that make? No one is calling Greg Oden Portland's franchise player. Brandon Roy has that tag. Is Darko Milicic considered Minnesota's franchise player because he's their highest drafted player? Is it possible to be a franchise player and never have made an All-Star team?

I have to say this bothers me. There are certainly things to be critical of about Bargnani, but I don't understand picking on him personally. These comments that he's heartless or soulless simply make the person saying that seem petty. It's as bad as the people making excuses about why Bargnani isn't as good as they believe he should be.

I've been called a Bargnani hater by some of the less enlightened fans, but the fact is that my criticisms of Bargnani are valid, well thought out and based on intellect rather than emotion. It's hard to be a hater when you don't actually hate someone.
    Who is we?lol I'm just pointing out that Bargnani was part of the problem not the whole problem last season in the locker room- nothing more, nothing less.

Have you ever played HS basketball or higher before? If not then you wouldn't understand. If so then you would understand.

Why is Bargnani now the Raptor's Franchise player? Is this a rhetorical question- seriously.lol What is he to you a role player????lol Look at Toronto's roster the only player that's been a Raptor longer than Bargnani is Jose (and BC is trying to trade him).

As well, comparing Bargnani to the oft injured Greg Oden and/or Darko (who was drafted by Detroit) is beyond facetious, buddy-o. I guess some folks will say anything in order to make themselves come off as being correct.smh

Fyi- I believe that BC said Bargnani was a 5 year project when he was drafted #1 overall back in 2006- did he not? Well Bosh is gone & now the roosters have come home to roost.......smh If it bothers you so much then go light a fire under Bargnani's non hustling ass.

Also, I never said Barg's was soulless (some more made up shit from you) but he does play the game with no heart in my mind- point blank.

You're reaction to my post was purely emotional thus you tried to rationalize some bull chit (Oden, Darko) as being relative particulars to Bargnani's NBA career & current roster status in Toronto. You can take your valid, well thought out intellect and conduct a mirror check.....smh lol

If hating is stating the truth then so be it but.....I can't see it:

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Rightfully?lol

What claim does Andrea have to being a YG? Last season he didn't even interact with them.

I'm glad to see Andrea come down off of his high horse and move to the back of the bus and start to interact with the YG'z but he is far from a YG......he's currently the Raptor's Franchise player, go to guy (no matter what BC & Jay say to the contrary) you know BC's former number 1 overall NBA draft pick back in 2006- the 5 year project as per BC?

Well it's now going on year 5, funny how time flies........smh
    I've got to say, I don't understand this whole attitude. Are we blaming Bargnani now for the apparent split in the locker room? Why? Why say that Bargnani was on his high horse? Was Bargnani ever INVITED to join the other guys? If you're not an outgoing person, it's pretty hard to try and insert yourself into a close group of friends. And it might not be appreciated.

And why is Bargnani the franchise player? Because of where he was drafted? What sense does that make? No one is calling Greg Oden Portland's franchise player. Brandon Roy has that tag. Is Darko Milicic considered Minnesota's franchise player because he's their highest drafted player? Is it possible to be a franchise player and never have made an All-Star team?

I have to say this bothers me. There are certainly things to be critical of about Bargnani, but I don't understand picking on him personally. These comments that he's heartless or soulless simply make the person saying that seem petty. It's as bad as the people making excuses about why Bargnani isn't as good as they believe he should be.

I've been called a Bargnani hater by some of the less enlightened fans, but the fact is that my criticisms of Bargnani are valid, well thought out and based on intellect rather than emotion. It's hard to be a hater when you don't actually hate someone.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    This post is a bit off key....but I just caught Klieza being interviewed on Raptors Today and the question was something like "What has Jay Triano told you about your role on the team and his expectations"....and Klieza goes blank, has a sheepish grin and says something like "Oh, he hasnt said anything. Iam just going to let the season start and let things happen".

Amazing. A new player comes to the team...and a pretty good one at that (a starter) and no face time with the head coach on how he sees the player contributing etc?
    Do most other coaches do that in the NBA? I've never heard of that happening. It's fine if you've got criticisms of Triano, but if other coaches don't do this, then why bring it up? It makes you seem a little biased.

Leave a comment:

• SirChillyMost
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Does this mean Andrea is rightfully part of the Young Gunz?
    Rightfully?lol

What claim does Andrea have to being a YG? Last season he didn't even interact with them.

I'm glad to see Andrea come down off of his high horse and move to the back of the bus and start to interact with the YG'z but he is far from a YG......he's currently the Raptor's Franchise player, go to guy (no matter what BC & Jay say to the contrary) you know BC's former number 1 overall NBA draft pick back in 2006- the 5 year project as per BC?

Well it's now going on year 5, funny how time flies........smh

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    Does this mean Andrea is rightfully part of the Young Gunz?

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    This post is a bit off key....but I just caught Klieza being interviewed on Raptors Today and the question was something like "What has Jay Triano told you about your role on the team and his expectations"....and Klieza goes blank, has a sheepish grin and says something like "Oh, he hasnt said anything. Iam just going to let the season start and let things happen".

Amazing. A new player comes to the team...and a pretty good one at that (a starter) and no face time with the head coach on how he sees the player contributing etc?
    I was watching the same interview and was pretty shocked myself. I'd like to think he's just saying that for the cameras to kinda shy away from it, but then again I don't know why he would. Jay must have had some sort of conversation with him regarding his role, or else why's he the head coach?

Leave a comment:

• Trife76
    replied
    Oh ok

Then they might be a playoff team in that case..i never factored in the Andrea playing fifa in the back of the bus to this teams success,hmmmmmmm lets see....

New defensive scheme check !
    more athleticism check !
    more ball movement check !
    Andrea playing Fifa with Sonny Weems and Reggie Evans check !

45-37 !!!

I havent even gone into how much this might improve his rebounding and defense consistently either.....
    I figure if the team can get him to play fifa mondays and wednesday with Sonny and Reggie
    and then play madden on tuesdays and thursdays with Jarret and DeMar
    and then Grand theft Auto on fridays with Amir and Joey D then
    he will be well on his way to a 22 and 10 season.....

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Andrea best friend will be the website "Urban Dictionary" just to try to understand half the stuff Sonny tells him.
    He should just have a chat with Linas Kleiza and Primoz Brezec on urban slang, those two seem to have it down. Linas has a bit of that down south accent goin' on, and we all know Primoz learned english from rap cd's and what not.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Andrea best friend will be the website "Urban Dictionary" just to try to understand half the stuff Sonny tells him.

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    Gotta love the young guns inviting Barney to to the group, it will help certainly help the team.

Leave a comment:

• Interesting Quotes From Sonny Weems (Bargnani Team Chemistry Related Past & Present)

http://twitter.com/stackmack#

Sonny says he and Andrea spent time together yesterday playing video games and that the team finally has gotten to know him.
    Sonny to Andrea at the end of practice: Let's play some FIFA, baby!
    Sonny says 1st time Andrea sat at back of the bus they thought he was just walking towards washroom. Everyone is pumped about outgoing Drea.
    "Andrea is like the only European dude back there. It's like me, Reggie, DeMar, Jarrett, Joey and it's Andrea." -Sonny on Andrea this season
    Is Andrea getting his Rosa Parks(rip) on?

Looks like last season's locker-room & team chemistry issues was a real serious mess under Jay- a real pack leader, not........smh Hopefully this season it will be better chemistry wise.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Tue Oct 19, 2010, 04:47 PM.
Working...
X