Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    I think the constant references to Bosh and Turk states that thats where theyre basing this season's outcome, but what kinda gets to me is that theyre saying that the raps already struggled when those 2 were in the lineup, what more without them? but like i said, theyre playing a different format now, and we have more than enough players who can score.

Basketball is a team game, and the raps have enough players who can step up and take charge. just because players are not starters doesnt mean theyre not as good. fisher is the starting PG for the lakers, have you seen him put up monster numbers? his stats are not even close to calderon.

bottomline is, predictions are doomed from the beginning. you cant really say whats going to happen after 82 games. like i said before, ESPN ranked the raptors 26th pre-season and they ended up winning a division title. go figure.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Come on now guys. Are we really going to accept the idea that ten guys who get paid to watch and analyze NBA basketball didn't watch the Raptors play? I'm not buying that. It would be different if it was an article by one of these guys and it was negative and you felt it was off base but all ten saying the same thing? I've been saying it's going to be a rough season if you're expecting a decent result in the standings. This only further validates my theory...

The Raptors had a totally revamped crew last season and it was said they struggled because there was so much change. This with a legit top ten talent. Now they've undergone similar drastic change with no steady presence to rely on in tough times. I think a large group is in for a rude awakening. I hope Bargnani doesn't get all the unfair wrath that's cooking on the burner.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Oct 22, 2010, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/previe...ns1011-Raptors

All i can say is WOW.

All 10 ESPN analysts ranked the Raptors no higher than the 13 spot out of 15 on the east, with basically an average ranking of 15th (last).

Are the Raps really this bad???

I hope somebody from the organization read this and shared it with the team, man, for me, this would be the utmost motivation......
    espn don't know shit. i'd like to hear what tsn thinks,but, not espn.

Leave a comment:

• sleepz
    replied
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    I agree with Raptorsss, i think the ESPN analysts got it all wrong. Theyre predicting the Raps 2010-2011 based on what transpired last season, when in fact the team is an exact opposite of what it was last year. All of them were concerned about the 24-11 of Bosh and the presence of Turk, but i think with those two gone, it creates more opportunities for other players to score. And having a legit superstar is a liability on defense, last year, opponents kept attacking Bosh and Turk trying to get them into foul trouble, but this year, there is no superstar mentality so there's no preserving anyone here. everyone can go hard on defense without having the burden of not fouling out because he's a "superstar".

i dont want to make bold figure predictions, but i think the raps have a really good chance of surprising this year. with this lineup, hardwork and toughness will be the key, but come trade deadline, i think BC might have something up his sleeve and if he acquires a good scorer/playmaker, i think the Raps will make the playoffs.
    How do you know they are basing their opinions on anything about last year? 7 pre-season games have now been played and most basketball writers have had the opportunity to see most teams play thus far (I know I have).

Maybe they are basing it on the sense that talent wins and the Raptors talent is questionable at best. Most teams (as even Triano admitted) has a player or two that you can go to, to get you buckets, especially in crunch time. The Raptors don't have that type of player and yet from a team talent perspective they are a collection of solid bench players but very little starting NBA talent (for a good team).

I think the notion that these guys are basing it solely on last year is false. Vegas is not setting the line at 26 games because Bosh and Turkoglu are gone. They are setting it there because they don't think the Raps have the talent to compete and be succesful every night.

As a Raptor fan I can look objectively at this roster and immediately know that they are going to struggle to win games.

I might also 'pause' on the notion that with Bosh and Turks gone that the defence will be better because there is no one to be 'preserved'. Other teams know EXACTLY who to attack this year, believe me.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    I agree with Raptorsss, i think the ESPN analysts got it all wrong. Theyre predicting the Raps 2010-2011 based on what transpired last season, when in fact the team is an exact opposite of what it was last year. All of them were concerned about the 24-11 of Bosh and the presence of Turk, but i think with those two gone, it creates more opportunities for other players to score. And having a legit superstar is a liability on defense, last year, opponents kept attacking Bosh and Turk trying to get them into foul trouble, but this year, there is no superstar mentality so there's no preserving anyone here. everyone can go hard on defense without having the burden of not fouling out because he's a "superstar".

i dont want to make bold figure predictions, but i think the raps have a really good chance of surprising this year. with this lineup, hardwork and toughness will be the key, but come trade deadline, i think BC might have something up his sleeve and if he acquires a good scorer/playmaker, i think the Raps will make the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• your mom
    replied
    Those are some ugly ass analysts making the predictions. they all need some new mugshots.

Leave a comment:

• Raps Fan
    replied
    Scott's right, as presently constructed, this team will struggle to win 30 games.

Leave a comment:

• peanutplaza
    replied
    I think the knicks are better, so my money is down for placing third in our division

Leave a comment:

• Scott Carefoot
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    I'm still confident that this team will finish 2nd in the division. None of the other teams scare me.
    Vegas has set the over-under on Raptors wins this season at 26 1/2. The only team lower in the East is New Jersey at 24 1/2. Obviously this team could surprise everyone, but at the moment that win total seems about right. There just isn't a lot of talent on this team.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    I posted some comments. Basically, they're comments from people who don't watch the team play. Their basing everything off of last year and aren't watching these games. They say who, is going to provide the offense? Look at leaderboard their second in scoring. They are a Euro team? They only have two and a half European players.

Know your shit before you post your shit, ESPN!

I'm still confident that this team will finish 2nd in the division. None of the other teams scare me.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    started a poll 2010-2011 ESPN Predictions - WOW

2010-2011 ESPN Predictions - WOW

Yes
    43.75%
    No
    56.25%

The poll is expired.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/previe...ns1011-Raptors

All i can say is WOW.

All 10 ESPN analysts ranked the Raptors no higher than the 13 spot out of 15 on the east, with basically an average ranking of 15th (last).

Are the Raps really this bad???

I hope somebody from the organization read this and shared it with the team, man, for me, this would be the utmost motivation......
Working...
X