Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Game Thread: Toronto Raptors 108 - NY Knicks 103 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Game Thread: Toronto Raptors 108 - NY Knicks 103 (F)

Bargnani doesn't need to get rebounds if Evans keeps this up. Last 2 games with 14 rounds and 11 tonight (4:03 left). Anderson, Jose and the bench has really impressed me tonight.

Reggie was again a beast under the glass tonight. I'm starting to like the idea of him starting more and more.

The second unit is going to be what keeps this team competitive this season. Great depth.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      Bargnani doesn't need to get rebounds if Evans keeps this up. Last 2 games with 14 rounds and 11 tonight (4:03 left). Anderson, Jose and the bench has really impressed me tonight.
      He still has to rebound man.. I hope you were joking. Bosh averaged almost 11 last year with 24 points and they were still junk...

Fun game to watch though, the crowd in MTL was hype! Move N.O.H. there I say!

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Reggie was again a beast under the glass tonight. I'm starting to like the idea of him starting more and more.
        I'm glad you've come around.
        Joshua Priemski
        NBA blogger
        SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
        www.RufusOnFire.com/
        www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

they should do that thing like ben wallace had in Detroit where they would play a gong (or some noise) for all reggie's hustle plays. players who go out and do the dirty work need to be rewarded.

I love the way how even in montreal with a 20 point lead the crowd is shouting for more defense. I hope jay sits his guys down and shows them that they play for the entire country and not just for toronto, look at all the love they got from both Vancouver and Montreal.

ok time to nit pick the game some. Here is my reason for why neither of these point guards should start, when the knicks got back in transition which of these 2 guys slowed the ball up and ran a play? none of them, they both forced it even when the transition was dead. Triano had to call time outs in order to get them back into the game.

I really like PJ at half time when asked about the defense success he said something along the lines of I credit our success to the back up point guard taking the night off cause reymond's been killing us. these coaches know exactly where the problems on defense lie, its time for the GM to give the coaches the right tools to work with.

Comment

What stood out for me was how more fluid the offense was. Players were moving around screens. They were passing. And it was finding the open man for a shot. The offense didnt look stagnant and so dependent on a couple of players as last season. Reggie was great and really controlled himself from taking shots.

Comment

So, what's the general consensus for our starting five on Wednesday night? Do we start Jack instead of Jose? Jose did look and play alot better with the second unit. Has Reggie deserved the right to start too?

What do you guys think?

Comment

Well Done REGGIE

I really like that idea of playing some sort of sound when Reggie has one of his 'hustle' moments. I think that would really spark the crowd and possibly add that "6th Man" element.

I am not as impressed with Reggie's offensive rebounds as I am with what he did with it after. He didn't force anything (you know those plays that make us Raps fans cringe) He kicked it out or dribbled it out when necessary. It's like all those bad habits disappeared overnight. I cant stress the importance of another offensive possession, its draining both mentally and physically. I am also impressed with how prepared he came to camp this year, as he looks more lean and quicker to me. Now, I'm not saying he is our saviour or whatever but sometimes, guys like this can be invaluable on the right team.

Well here is hoping to some consistency this year from him.

Comment

So, what's the general consensus for our starting five on Wednesday night? Do we start Jack instead of Jose? Jose did look and play alot better with the second unit. Has Reggie deserved the right to start too?

What do you guys think?
                  Well my two cents: I like the idea of reggie with bargnani but although I like jack more than Calderon on this team, unless he is starting with barbosa, I say start Jose. I really like how the Jack, Barbosa, Amir with Weems and Andersen group is playing. Who cares if it is points and +/- against a second unit it is points and production.

Comment

reggie!,reggie!,reggie! thank god we didn't trade him, hes going to have a good rebounding year

Comment

DD dislocates finger... returns to game in 5 min! that's gotta earn my respect

Did you guys notice Derozan dislocate his finger, and gets Scott McCullough to pop it back in... and then shockingly... gets back into the game in 5 min???? impressive!!! Happened to me before in a pickup game and I had to go to hospital. Up to today, the finger's never been the same.

if that was VC, he would be all over the floor... not hustling... but whimpering... crying in pain... and complaining to be traded...

DD may not be as talented as VC in the long run, but DD's got the fearlessness and spunk that VC never had.

That little act, perhaps small, earned a huge amount of respect from me.

Comment

What do you guys think?
                        To be brutally honest I thought Reggie was a bum and Triano was crazy to give him more than 8 to 10 minutes per night and tha he and Bargnani could not work together. I hated that he got rebounds and then tried to score. What a turnaround after Jay spoke to him. He's been a rebound hustle machine and I do believe he's earned the right to start and hope he can keep this up. Jose had a great game last night and I know he's not washed up yet I believe Jack has earned the right to start and the first string needs more energy. I just hope Jack plays with a little more control, and that Jose plays hard behind him. I like the rest of the starters even though DeRozan has two guys arguably better than him right now pressuring him from behind in Barbosa and Weems. All in all a fun exciting team to watch and I love the ball movement versus what we saw when CB4 was here.

Comment

Why would Reggie Evans not work with Bargnani ?

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                            Why would Reggie Evans not work with Bargnani ?
                            The thought would be he has no offense so cannot draw any attention so his man leaves or cheats off him and Bargnani has poor results when double teamed. Weigh that against his rebounds and style of hard play that 'offsets' Bargs. My thoughts are if there is another strong shooter this makes the Reggie offense moot.

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
                              Did you guys notice Derozan dislocate his finger, and gets Scott McCullough to pop it back in... and then shockingly... gets back into the game in 5 min???? impressive!!! Happened to me before in a pickup game and I had to go to hospital. Up to today, the finger's never been the same.

if that was VC, he would be all over the floor... not hustling... but whimpering... crying in pain... and complaining to be traded...

DD may not be as talented as VC in the long run, but DD's got the fearlessness and spunk that VC never had.

That little act, perhaps small, earned a huge amount of respect from me.
                              The hospital?? For a dislocated finger?? Maybe we should start calling you Vince. It's happened to me several times and I popped it back myself, taped it up and kept playing. One was a particularly nasty one where I eventually had to get it operated on. The only times I have ever stopped playing due to injury is when I had to be carried off the court, or other players basically banned me from continuing. Of course, I'm now pretty much done until the summer due to playing on an already injured knee. SOmetimes playing through it isn't the smartest thing.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X