The Bryan Colangelo Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bryan Colangelo Appreciation Thread

Alright, it's time we give credit where credit is due, lets show some love to the czar of Tdot hoops, the almighty BC. We have seen some amazing, exciting hoops in T Dot since his arrival, and his mastery as a roster tactician and trade-meister is virtually unparalleled in the NBA. Plus, he has brought us our best player ever and most valuable asset, the great Bargs.

So use this post to show some love to the man himself, who continues to bring us fans top quality hoops and excitement to the ACC night in and night out.

.... Brian is good, like top 5 GM good but this is just too amorous for my blood...
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

I get it... He's being really sarcastic... ha... haha

Comment

Come on man, during BC's tenure here we have seen JO, Marion, Turk, Barbosa, "almost" Chandler, Diaw, Barnes...albeit these are not big ticket players, but they are very high calibre and well known, and it took alot of financial genius to "obtain them". This dude is clearly top 5, up there with Morey, Ainge, that Kupchak guy in LA, etc.

Comment

All due respect to angry and impatient fans, I feel your pain. But being the GM of the Toronto Raptors is the hardest job in the NBA at that position, for a myriad of reasons. While I do not argue that Colangelo is the best in the biz, he does deserve mention, further to that, he is very savvy, has bounced back from a few gambles nicely so far, and he wants to be here.

I respect that. You should do, it could be much, much worse in this city.

Comment

I appreciate that BC's roster machinations are likely going to lead us to multiple high first round lottery picks, and thus a decent chance at filling back in the hole he's already dug himself. Though to be honest, he'll be doing in in spite of himself and his 'plan to win' bullshit.

Comment

- Regular Season Win %: 49%
              - Playoff Win %: 37.5%
              - Made playoffs 2 out of 4 seasons.

Everyone, please stand and give a standing ovation to mediocrity. Thank you.
              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 27, 2010, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                All due respect to angry and impatient fans, I feel your pain. But being the GM of the Toronto Raptors is the hardest job in the NBA at that position, for a myriad of reasons. While I do not argue that Colangelo is the best in the biz, he does deserve mention, further to that, he is very savvy, has bounced back from a few gambles nicely so far, and he wants to be here.

I respect that. You should do, it could be much, much worse in this city.
                I think thats what some fans dont get. Some here probably think that its a easy as picking up the phone, calling the player and throwing him a few good pitches and thats it. Even before a GM gets to talk to players, players already have ideas about that team and the city where it plays for. its been common knowledge in the league that toronto is cold, has high taxes and small basketball market. like i said in the other thread, doesnt matter if you offer a player 200 million dollars, if he doesnt want to play here, what can you do?

funny thing is you guys always mention the "bad" signings BC made, what about drafting DD? putting together that team that won a division title? signing jack? weems? getting rid of araujo? and now turk? i dont love all the moves he's done but i dont hate the man either. give credit where its due.
                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Oct 27, 2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  I think thats what some fans dont get. Some here probably think that its a easy as picking up the phone, calling the player and throwing him a few good pitches and thats it. Even before a GM gets to talk to players, players already have ideas about that team and the city where it plays for. its been common knowledge in the league that toronto is cold, has high taxes and small basketball market. like i said in the other thread, doesnt matter if you offer a player 200 million dollars, if he doesnt want to play here, what can you do?

funny thing is you guys always mention the "bad" signings BC made, what about drafting DD? putting together that team that won a division title? signing jack? weems? getting rid of araujo? and no turk? i dont love all the moves he's done but i dont hate the man either. give credit where its due.
                  Exactly, I think we should be happy to have a GM of his calibre, and we would sadly miss him if MLSE does not extend him.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    - Regular Season Win %: 49%
                    - Playoff Win %: 37.5%
                    - Made playoffs 2 out of 4 seasons.

Everyone, plays stand and give a standing ovation to mediocrity. Thank you.
                    Lets see how you can convince players to not mind the cold weather and taxes. See how you can convince MLSE to pony up the dough to pay the luxury tax so you can sign high caliber players. Convince the superstars that basketball is big in this country, that you will get tons of endorsements upon signing on that dotted line, convince them that basketball is bigger than hockey. Then we can talk numbers.

Comment

he's taken chances on trades and signing... but dont forget what preceded him..

VC for two Williamses and the privelege of buying out Zo, anybody?

Those were happy times.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        Exactly, I think we should be happy to have a GM of his calibre, and we would sadly miss him if MLSE does not extend him.
                        Oh yes, you should be counting your blessings while colangelo is still here.

If you put Kupchak beside BC, people would thing Kupchak is his personal assistant.

Thats how BC is, he is the man. He should be the Raptors GM till the NBA dissolves.

BC will bring us a championship, thats why he is the man.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          he's taken chances on trades and signing... but dont forget what preceded him..

VC for two Williamses and the privelege of buying out Zo, anybody?

Those were happy times.
                          hahaha happy times.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            Lets see how you can convince players to not mind the cold weather and taxes. See how you can convince MLSE to pony up the dough to pay the luxury tax so you can sign high caliber players. Convince the superstars that basketball is big in this country, that you will get tons of endorsements upon signing on that dotted line, convince them that basketball is bigger than hockey. Then we can talk numbers.
                            Let's see if Brian oCoangelo can stop giving huge contracts to the wrong players, like Turkoglu and Kapono. Let's see him stop dealing away part of the future of the team (1st round draft picks) to help convince teams to take flawed, highly over payed players who landed in Toronto because of him. Let's seem him finally install this mythical system he's spoken of instead of "reloading" every season. Let's see him hire an established, effective coach instead of a scapegoat. I don't know, maybe the fact that snow that he never seen snow before because it stops at the boarder and the high taxes are somehow impairing his judgment?
                            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 27, 2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Again, I'm not saying he's the best, I just know it is really tough to be the GM in Toronto.

Put it this way. Many top tier guys have apparently told their agents, before hearing a word out of toronto, the answer is "no"!

Thats one hell of a tough grind.

Whereas Brian Burke has it the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                              X