No announcement yet.

The Bryan Colangelo Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You actualy have to appreciate what he has done. There was pressure on him for the last 5 years just to keep Bosh around. If he had traded Bosh 2 years ago for something then what would people have said? He has been an artist that was restricted to only a certain brush or a certain colour. Now that he's got full reins let's see what he can do.

Comment

He didn't draft Araujo. That counts for something.

Comment

Multipaul is either on the Raptors payroll or he's really this stupid/clueless/delusional.

Comment

I remember when Colangelo first took over the Raptors and everyone was in awe that a man of his stature, coming from a basketball bred family (namely through his father J.Co) brought instant credibility. Maybe it wasn't through this RR Forum but clearly through the Toronto basketball community at that time he was praised as the savior, to bring respectability to this franchise. Though he didn't win any championships during his time with the Suns, people/fans alike felt he could. It's funny now after 5 years (?) we're back at square one and in 'reload' mode. I admit, I bought into this hype, especially since he brought Toronto their only Atlantic division title. I had high hopes but somewhere along the way we just had a stretch of bad runs, bad decisions and of course, bad luck.

Do I appreciate all the things he's done? Absolutely, he took over a Babcock influenced franchise and did bring some credibility to the franchise. I appreciate the fact that he brought in some 'name brand' players here and tried to make a stamp on the franchise. I just think after a good 5.5 years running this franchise, we've regressed... Although his title as the GM entitles him to make The Decision for the this franchise, I just don't think he should get 100% of the blame. Just the majority of it. After all, it's the coaches, staff and players alike that contribute to where we are today. Perhaps we need a fresh look, fresh eyes, fresh mind... Maybe things will turn out better this year... I don't know... I can only hope that BC or whoever takes over this franchise (hopefully Stern doesn't add us to his contraction list) improves this team because I've always been a fan of this team and I genuinely want this team to succeed.
          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

BC's Raptor vision is 100% bull chit. His era should be over......

Since arriving in Toronto with a gold platter ie #1 draft pick, cap space, Bosh- yet 4 years later he's taken the Raptors from 2006 Atlantic Division Champs(in the NBA's weakest division that year) to 2010-11 Eastern conference predicted chumps hoping for a lucky bounce in the NBA Lottery in 2011 while feeding the fans bull shit propaganda all summer long and calling it steak.smh

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
              BC's Raptor vision is 100% bull chit. His era should be over......

Since arriving in Toronto with a gold platter ie #1 draft pick, cap space, Bosh- yet 4 years later he's taken the Raptors from 2006 Atlantic Division Champs(in the NBA's weakest division that year) to 2010-11 Eastern conference predicted chumps hoping for a lucky bounce in the NBA Lottery in 2011 while feeding the fans bull shit propaganda all summer long and calling it steak.smh
              im surprised it took you this long to jump on the thread sirchilly! hahaha

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                I remember when Colangelo first took over the Raptors and everyone was in awe that a man of his stature, coming from a basketball bred family (namely through his father J.Co) brought instant credibility. Maybe it wasn't through this RR Forum but clearly through the Toronto basketball community at that time he was praised as the savior, to bring respectability to this franchise. Though he didn't win any championships during his time with the Suns, people/fans alike felt he could. It's funny now after 5 years (?) we're back at square one and in 'reload' mode. I admit, I bought into this hype, especially since he brought Toronto their only Atlantic division title. I had high hopes but somewhere along the way we just had a stretch of bad runs, bad decisions and of course, bad luck.

Do I appreciate all the things he's done? Absolutely, he took over a Babcock influenced franchise and did bring some credibility to the franchise. I appreciate the fact that he brought in some 'name brand' players here and tried to make a stamp on the franchise. I just think after a good 5.5 years running this franchise, we've regressed... Although his title as the GM entitles him to make The Decision for the this franchise, I just don't think he should get 100% of the blame. Just the majority of it. After all, it's the coaches, staff and players alike that contribute to where we are today. Perhaps we need a fresh look, fresh eyes, fresh mind... Maybe things will turn out better this year... I don't know... I can only hope that BC or whoever takes over this franchise (hopefully Stern doesn't add us to his contraction list) improves this team because I've always been a fan of this team and I genuinely want this team to succeed.
                ive tried man. but you know how it is here, black and white. no shaded area, and unfortunately, thats where BC falls under.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                  If it's true that star players don't want to come to Toronto, then you can assume that landing a major free agent is out of the question, right?

Well if BC is such a godly GM, then kindly explain to me why the raptors continually 'reload' on talent year to year instead of taking the long-view approach of stockpiling quality young assets that either a) want to stay here or b) can be flipped for major talent in trades.

Or perhaps you can explain to me how the raptors are going to acquire a franchise-level talent unless it's through the draft?
                  because the intense pressure of MLSE, fans, media, and city to "win now" is what precedes "stockpiling young assets".
                  but if you look closely at the raps current structure, it looks like BC is quietly going towards that path. he kept evans and banks expiring contracts. he signed young bigs in amir and kleiza, took the soon to expire contracts of barbo, andersen and wright.
                  hopefully next summer, BC will all make us into believers.

Comment

Imperial wrote: View Post
                    He didn't draft Araujo. That counts for something.
                    0 + 0 = 0

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                      Multipaul is either on the Raptors payroll or he's really this stupid/clueless/delusional.
                      if you spell nubreed backwards this is what you will see:

Comment

The Raptors Dance Pack called, they want their pom-poms back.

Comment

I don't agree with your guesses, and what you state as fact comes only from a few results you don't like.

Gambles are gambles. How you recover from misses is what defines you.

Being a GM in Toronto is pretty hard. Period. To refute it is wrong.

Triano is a fine coach. Know's what he's doing, you can see it on the floor.

I'll grab that study for you if I can find it, it isn't a BS comment, it's true, for the most part, head coaches rarely make too much of an impact out side the very very elite "top three"

Reggie looks fine to me, not sure why people judge the guy on last year when he was severely injured for 3/4 or the year. Each to their own I guess, I tend to deal with things rationally.

I'm not gonna say much more than this. Anyone hip to the basketball, and all other Sports scenes can tell you this; pro sports are complicated. What happens on the floor is what counts, yet it is rarely the focus for many players. Standing around calling people out for not winning is fine, have at it I guess. But what You call "facts" apollo, what you perceive as strong arguments because they are based upon the results of 4-5 moves although not insignificant, are hardly "strong arguments".

It's a bit more complicated than that. Colangelo, on this current NBA landscape, operating in Toronto, has done a pretty decent job. You wanna say other guys can do better... fine. But you have nothing to prove that. Nothing at all. But people on the other side can go out and find actual quotes from players saying they will never play in Canada. Articles are easily found from media outlets that, like it or not, have MASSIVE influence over the general publics perception over a franchises brand image and the media market it works out of in general. They dramatically hurt Toronto's ability to draw anything more than wanna be franchise guys (bosh, vince) and over paid but serviceable support players (pretty much any other starter but the aforementioned) .

You wanna sit on your pedestal and talk shit about the GM, because he hasn't produced the luck and miracles you're gonna have to to win in this city. Go ahead. Just don't expect me to be in the audience. I just think you're taking advantage of surface and easy points to make a judgement on a much deeper and more complicated issue.

Trust me, Colangelo is one of the best. Careful what ya wish for man.

Comment

Working...
                          X