Mon, Nov 8------Golden State Warriors vs Golden State
    Wed, Nov 10----Charlotte Bobcats vs Charlotte
    Fri, Nov 12------ Orlando Magic @ Orlando
    Sat, Nov 13----- Miami Heat @ Miami
    Tue, Nov 16-----Washington Wizards @ Washington
    Wed, Nov 17----Philadelphia 76ers @ Philadelphia
    Fri, Nov 19------ Houston Rockets vs Houston
    Sun, Nov 21-----Boston Celtics vs Boston

I have no idea what kind of record to expect.

The question is:

When they are down and getting a whopping will they continue to play hard and smart as a team or will they quit and start to play every man for himself?

We will find out.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    When they are down and getting a whopping will they continue to play hard and smart as a team or will they quit and start to play every man for himself?

We will find out.
    4 games losing streak coming right up.

Jarret Jack really pissed me off in the game vs the Cavs today, very selfish today and I hope its not an indicator of him down the road.

They will have 4-10 record at the end of that.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Oct 29, 2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      4 games losing streak coming right up.

Jarret Jack really pissed me off in the game vs the Cavs today, very selfish today and I hope its not an indicator of him down the road.

They will have 4-10 record at the end of that.
      I say 8 game losing streak. Our defense against GS's offense? They'll drop 140 on us, and 6 of their players will have career highs in scoring. fml.

Comment

for a minute there i had to check if this was really a "raptors" forum. seems like nothin but negativity.
        give the boys a little credit.
        why dont we say something like "oh, tough sched, i hope they play hard"
        or something like "man, i hope reggie gets 20 rebounds and bargs drops 50 on them"
        a little encouragement to say the least.

i can just picture it, you guys are in the US, talking shit about the raptors, and this american finally asks, so where you guys from, um TORONTO! hahahaha if a miami heat fan comes in here and sees all this crap, he gets to thinkin, what the fuck is up with toronto fans? theyre bashing their own team??? its like sayin, yeah, that guy is retarded and that woman there she's a slut. but theyre my father and mother. hahahaha.

the word is hypocritical.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          for a minute there i had to check if this was really a "raptors" forum. seems like nothin but negativity.
          give the boys a little credit.
          why dont we say something like "oh, tough sched, i hope they play hard"
          or something like "man, i hope reggie gets 20 rebounds and bargs drops 50 on them"
          a little encouragement to say the least.

i can just picture it, you guys are in the US, talking shit about the raptors, and this american finally asks, so where you guys from, um TORONTO! hahahaha if a miami heat fan comes in here and sees all this crap, he gets to thinkin, what the fuck is up with toronto fans? theyre bashing their own team??? its like sayin, yeah, that guy is retarded and that woman there she's a slut. but theyre my father and mother. hahahaha.

the word is hypocritical.
          It's not negativity. But thinking we can beat Jazz, Lakers, Blazers, Magic and Heat away and also beat Boston. C'mon man. I believe we could win our home games apart from the game with Boston. I am not from Toronto, but I've been a Toronto fan for nearly 15 years. And saying Bargs will drop 50 is just raising his expectations cause we all know he won't. I encourage the Raptors all the time, but you really think we can win this stretch? Cause you can be optimistic, but at the same time it's important to be realistic.

Comment

I'm from Toronto and have been a supporter of the Raptors since day one. Do I want them to win every game? YES. Is it realistic? nope. The only teams there that I can see them beating in that 12 game stretch are SAC, CHA, PHI and WAS. GS might be close, but we all know Monta and Steph will light our guards up.

I hate seeing the Raps go down, but if they are, they better go down swinging.

Comment

I still hate Bargnani's effort.... fine his offensive game is good in his last two games....but come on ... 1 reb...

I rather have him have 16/8 ...... what happens if reggie is injured....who would freakin reb...

All I'm saying is this.... if we started losing a lot games + bargnani offensive game is not consistent.... there will be huge hate by the fans.

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                I still hate Bargnani's effort.... fine his offensive game is good in his last two games....but come on ... 1 reb...

I rather have him have 16/8 ...... what happens if reggie is injured....who would freakin reb...

All I'm saying is this.... if we started losing a lot games + bargnani offensive game is not consistent.... there will be huge hate by the fans.
                Yeah, his rebounding was so bad. And it was whilst matched up with Hollins, the worst rebounding center in the league. But I'm fine with us winning whilst he's scoring and not rebounding.

Comment

It's not going to be THAT bad. Relax.

We can beat Sacramento, Utah's been extremely shakey (losing to the Suns, a team we've proven we can trump easily), Golden State is still Golden State, Charlotte's still searching for an identity they thought they had, and Washington? Easy win there. Philly's realistic too.

In conclusion, I wouldn't be overly surprised if we came out of this stretch with a .500 record, but realistically I'm expecting a 5-7 record+our current 1-1. 6-8? I'll take it. Especially when you consider this series of games takes a lot of the more difficult games off of our schedule.

We'll have NJ and PHI to trounce a few more times, NY's beatable.

Our division is still weak.

Be patient.
                  Joshua Priemski
                  NBA blogger
                  SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                  www.RufusOnFire.com/
                  www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Sacramento = we will get outrebounded.... do u see there front court....
                    Utah's = We beat the suns in pre-season...don't be fooled... and Utah added Al Jefferson.... and they are a PLAYOFF TEAM
                    Golden State is still Golden State = which they beat us with Bosh and without Monta Ellis
                    Charlotte = We always lose to defensive teams
                    Washington = I'll give the raps a win .

Comment

So the Raps end the stretch with a hopeful 6-8 record. According to the experts who predict a 20 win season that leaves them to win 14 more games in the remaining 70 games...who are these experts again? do you think they have next week's lotto max numbers, too?

Comment

At best i see 3-9 and maybe 4-8 if we got more than a rebound per night from our starting center....

Comment

3-9 at most,
                          Barney is Bust,
                          1 rebound? seriously?.....

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                            3-9 at most,
                            Barney is Bust,
                            1 rebound? seriously?.....
                            Yes, last night's one rebound game defines Bargs as a bust (oh my). Look I'm not happy about the loss last night either, but... wait a minute, didn't the Raps win? Seriously?
                            When will people learn that Bargs is not your prototypical big. He has been tutored by Rasho, who's rebounding numbers were better, but what i loved about Rasho in TO was that he didn't care about his stats. He was consistently boxing out his man, and unless the ball came to him, he didn't get any credit. Now Bargs can no doubt improve his boxing out, but don't think for a second you can look at the boxscore for 1 game (a game in which he was a focal contributor in a win) and declare him a bust.

Comment

All due respect BC boy. Bargs could care about his rebounding stats just a little more.

Comment

Working...
                              X