X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where he belongs.........

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      How is it good for him to remain in the NBA and not play at all? It sounds pretty obvious why he should go to the D-League. Call me crazy, but playing in "lesser" competition beats practice and wearing a suit for the remainder of this season every time.
      If he is playing in the D-league just to play then I see where you guys are coming from but its not like he is going to get a post game down there and he will not even be running the same plays the raptors run nor learn his part in the defensive schemes. I personally feel he needs someone to teach him footwork and a gym but I been know to be wrong so we will see what happens.

Comment

Raps have a long stretch of road games in the first 1/4 of the season meaning less full practices. You got to think that's part of the reasoning. I think its a good thing. He has so little experience playing that any second he can get on a basketball court would help. Also, the d league is a step up from double A, maybe that can help his growth.

Comment

ahhh yes the D-league where all Colangelo's second rounder picks have gone to die.

Comment

Playing in the D-League will let him practice post-moves against lesser opponents and dunk all over their asses. It will help his confidence, I hope he actually learns how to use his huge body, but I'm fine with him flying on everything.

Comment

Why not let him get some reps in down there. Its not as if he's playing for a high school team now - 5 or six full practices a week and one or two games. Many practices now are walk-throughs, shoot-arounds and strategy sessions. At least there he will get to play. Although I agree, why is this really news?

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                how is it a good thing for alabi to play with lesser competition
                Sitting on the bench for 82 games is more productive?! I need to hear that explanation.
                http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                  I'm thinking the same thing, why is this guy hyped so much in these threads, I mean come on! 50th pick people! this guy ain't the future.
                  He was projected 1st round by several scouts until it was discovered he had hepatitis. Consensus mock had him at 20. He's played a total of six years of basketball. I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    Alabi is a good player. He was slotted to go around 20 but dropped to 50 because of the Hep B thing. He is an excellent rim protector already, is physically gifted and has a soft touch. He is also reportedly a very hard worker. I think the D-league would be good for now because we have no room in the rotation, but I'd like to see him as our back up some time in the next season or two.
                    Whoops! I just realized I repeated much of what you said... #MustReadEntireThreadNextTime

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
                      He was projected 1st round by several scouts until it was discovered he had hepatitis. Consensus mock had him at 20. He's played a total of six years of basketball. I wouldn't give up on him just yet.
                      lol just six years?! damn that is a lot of time playing basketballl....

Comment

Working...
                      X