Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB's Agent Informed BC A Week B4 Free Agency That Bosh Was Gone

Yahoo's Marc J. Spears wrote a little article about our Raptors' future

Bosh’s departure not only left a sizeable hole in the lineup, it robbed the Raptors of their most marketable player. And no one’s quite sure who will become the new face of the franchise.

Gritty forward Reggie Evans(notes), currently the NBA’s leading rebounder, is now the most popular Raptor because of his blue-collar style of play. Rookie forward Ed Davis(notes) is expected to make his debut sometime this month after recovering from right knee surgery, but no one is expecting him to make an immediate impact like Blake Griffin(notes) or John Wall(notes). DeMar DeRozan(notes) is gifted athletically, but is inexperienced and still needs to develop a consistent jump shot.

That leaves Andrea Bargnani, the 7-foot No. 1 pick of the 2006 draft. While he was comfortable to defer to Bosh, Bargnani now has more freedom to grow his game. Bosh’s absence has also impacted him in more subtle ways: Bargnani said he’s getting more fan requests for pictures since Bosh departed.

Bargnani’s confidence received a boost during the summer when he averaged 24.1 points and starred for Italy’s national team in qualification games for the 2011 European championships. Through the Raptors’ first three games, he’s averaged 23.3 points while making 55.6 percent of his 3-pointers.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...torsbosh110210
    Yes. BC Lied To The Fans About CB's Departure. SMH
    10.00%
    No. I Still Don't Like How Bosh Left Toronto. Boo!
    10.00%
    Who Cares It's Old News.
    80.00%
    I Don't Know?
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

I wonder why no mention of the whopping 3.0 rebounds per game...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      I wonder why no mention of the whopping 3.0 rebounds per game...
      Uh, he did mention it

Comment

For a supposedly bottom feeder like the Raps they seem to get enough ink by the scribes to the south...maybe no facetime but ink at least. So, Bargs is getting more requests for pics? Hmmm, hope it doesnt go to his head and want to go to Miami as well!

Comment

All along I was hoping we could trade Bosh for Bynum straight up last year. This would give Turk the post scorer who could potentially command a double. I can only imagine what Bynum and Turk would have looked like in the screen/roll game. Deadly. I mean what do you do? Go under the screen and stick with Bynum and Hedo's pulling left and dropping a cash money j in ya grill. Plus, it would have given Turk an automatic target when he is feeding the post. And yeah, I know Turk wasn't efficient last year but his passing skills can't be argued. This year, we are an even worse passing team.

Comment

CB's Agent Informed BC A Week B4 Free Agency That Bosh Was Gone

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...torsbosh110210
            The Raptors had a good feeling after the season that Bosh wasn’t returning. Triano said Bosh’s agent, Henry Thomas, ended the suspense by calling Raptors general Bryan Colangelo about a week before free agency began to let him know Bosh would not be back. Bosh made it official on July 7 when he announced that he was joining Wade with the Miami Heat

Looks like all the BC Kool Aid drinkers in relation to the whole Bosh situation have been led astray by BC's bull chit media propaganda, slander against CB post free agency because according to this Yahoo article CB's agent notified BC a week b4 free agency began that CB was gone...smh

Now does that change how all you Bosh haters feel about him now? Does it change the way you feel about BC? Another word for BC is deceiver. BC has been covering his own ass ever since he found out CB was gone.smh

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post

Looks like all the BC Kool Aid drinkers in relation to the whole Bosh situation have been led astray by BC's bull chit media propaganda, slander against CB post free agency because according to this Yahoo article CB's agent notified BC a week b4 free agency began that CB was gone...smh

Now does that change how all you Bosh haters feel about him now? Does it change the way you feel about BC? Another word for BC is deceiver. BC has been covering his own ass ever since he found out CB was gone.smh
              When the agent tells Colangelo a week before FA hit, what exactly did you expect Colangelo to do? Just curious. His hands at that time were tied. Bosh knew all along that he wanted to go to Miami.
              This team was better off without paying max money to Bosh because quite frankly, he's not deserving of it. While he is a good player, he's not worth the full max.

PS - can you make a post withOUT using terms like 'bull chit' or the acronym 'smh'? Just curious...
              Last edited by MangoKid; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

One week. Think about what you're saying here. They gave the guy one week's notice. How did telling him the week before change anything? One week before was no better than day one of free agency. They didn't tell Colangelo Bosh planned on signing with the Heat and the whole "league tour" was an ego stroking process. One week before or no notice, it did the Raptors no good. They still had to wait and find out who he was signing with before they could work on getting a deal in place and even if they knew the team, the Raptors had little leverage besides playing chicken with a guy who stood to lose a lot less than the Raptors should he have sign for less than full max money. If Bosh had told the Raptors brass before the deadline then I'd be with you but he didn't. The whole situation stunk and Bosh was at the root of the problem. One week is crap all, Chilly.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                When the agent tells Colangelo a week before FA hit, what exactly did you expect Colangelo to do? Just curious. His hands at that time were tied. Bosh knew all along that he wanted to go to Miami.
                This team was better off without paying max money to Bosh because quite frankly, he's not deserving of it. While he is a good player, he's not worth the full max.

PS - can you make a post withOUT using terms like 'bull chit' or the acronym 'smh'? Just curious...
                I think the contract Bosh signed is going to end up hurting the Heat. The universe will come back into balance, don't worry.
                Last edited by Apollo; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

makes me hate bosh more.

a week's notice is like rubbing the franchise's face in his ass on the way out the door.. what options does the team have other than to smell the stink of his rectum while he mails in the rest of his contract.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    makes me hate bosh more.

a week's notice is like rubbing the franchise's face in his ass on the way out the door.. what options does the team have other than to smell the stink of his rectum while he mails in the rest of his contract.
                    It's only a theory but when Bosh came back from the All-Star break I think he knew then and the way he carried himself outside the stats sheet supports the idea. I think he took the team for a ride in the second half of the season and then dragged it all out until one week before FA. No wonder B.C. was upset, he got duped by the K-Fed of the NBA... And if Colangelo doesn't make a slam dunk with the TPE he could be toast.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Some folks can rationalize anything.smh One week and no notice are the same thing?smfhs All the media hype post free agency bull chit BC has said after the fact means nothing- free your minds as critical thinking is a must- or not?lol

Folks who HATE Bosh need to get a grip on reality I can understand not supporting him as a Miami Heat player but to throw away 7 years of Raptor basketball after all the deceptions from BC in relation is fanatical and overly dramatical and is like spitting into the wind to the current players who watch this Jeckle & Hyde Raptor fan approach because if Bosh would have re-signed BC (Jay) would have been praising him in the media and Raptor fans would be loving him for the most part.

BC is bull chit........the more he lies, deceives the more folks believe those lies & deceptions........his character stench his ruining the Rap's in my mind....smh

Comment

Some folks can rationalize anything.smh One week and no notice are the same thing?
                        Why don't you explain to us what that one week did for the Raptors seeing how you feel so strongly it was sufficient?

Folks who HATE Bosh need to get a grip on reality I can understand not supporting him as a Miami Heat player but to throw away 7 years of Raptor basketball after all the deceptions from BC in relation is fanatical...
                        Did you even consider that not everyone falls into this conceived "hater bucket" of yours? What is your definition of a hater? It sounds like someone who is critical towards Bosh. Can't a person have negative criticism towards another individual and not be a "hater"? I know you pay attention to this place and so I am completely baffled how you could overlook that fact that the board was split on their feelings towards Bosh leaving until he started disrespecting the fans(Inadvertently or not) via the different media streams (Twitter, news, etc.).

if Bosh would have re-signed BC (Jay) would have been praising him in the media and Raptor fans would be loving him for the most part.
                        Of course he would have. GM's don't blast players in the media unless they're on the way out or gone. It would be dumb to do anything but handle it like that. GM's guard their thoughts and their feelings, just like any manager in any other setting. Bottom line, guys in the cross hairs of the media have to be tactful and BC is no different in that than any other GM in the league.

BC is bull chit........the more he lies, deceives the more folks believe those lies & deceptions........his character stench his ruining the Rap's in my mind....smh
                        What is Colangelo ruining? The team stunk when he got here. He's better than the last guy but his moves have led to very little. He isn't ruining anything but he hasn't built much either...
                        Last edited by Apollo; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Why don't you explain to us what that one week did for the Raptors seeing how you feel so strongly it was sufficient?

Did you even consider that not everyone falls into this conceived "hater bucket" of yours? What is your definition of a hater? It sounds like someone who is critical towards Bosh. Can't a person have negative criticism towards another individual and not be a "hater"? I know you pay attention to this place and so I am completely baffled how you could overlook that fact that the board was split on their feelings towards Bosh leaving until he started disrespecting the fans(Inadvertently or not) via the different media streams (Twitter, news, etc.).

Of course he would have. GM's don't blast players in the media unless they're on the way out or gone. It would be dumb to do anything but handle it like that. GM's guard their thoughts and their feelings, just like any manager in any other setting. Bottom line, guys in the cross hairs of the media have to be tactful and B is no different in that then any other GM in the league.

What is Colangelo ruining? The team stunk when he got here. He's better than the last guy but his moves have led to very little. He isn't ruining anything but he hasn't built much either...
                          SMH lol

Comment

SMH lol
                            Exactly. You know just as well as we all do that one weeks notice was pretty much worthless to the Raptors.

Comment

Some folks can rationalize anything.smh One week and no notice are the same thing?smfhs All the media hype post free agency bull chit BC has said after the fact means nothing- free your minds as critical thinking is a must- or not?lol

Folks who HATE Bosh need to get a grip on reality I can understand not supporting him as a Miami Heat player but to throw away 7 years of Raptor basketball after all the deceptions from BC in relation is fanatical and overly dramatical and is like spitting into the wind to the current players who watch this Jeckle & Hyde Raptor fan approach because if Bosh would have re-signed BC (Jay) would have been praising him in the media and Raptor fans would be loving him for the most part.

Are you kidding? Tell me honestly what Colangelo could have done in a week. He couldn't trade Bosh's rights. He certainly wasn't going to re-sign him to a max contract. I think you need to be more of a realist instead of a dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                              X