Worst Part of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Part of the Season

I think the worst part of the season is that this team will probably finnish with a 5-10 draft pick, instead of top 3.

I think a perfect embodiment of the Raps lack of direction is: SIGNING OF KLEIZA.

Its a perfect move to become a treadmill team.

All this guy is going to drop the Raptors a few spots in the draft. I dont know how seriously to take that WinsProduced stat, but it doesnt take a genius to figure that the Raps with Kleiza will probably win a couple more games than Raps without Kleiza. A couple of wins could mean a couple of spots in the draft.

Beyond that, there is the whole effect of throwing off the rotations, and the whole "vibe" of the team. YOUNG GUNZ 4 LIFE!!! No but seriously, at least the whole Young Guns thing is an attempt of a team identity. A chance for the team to be greater than the sum of its parts. Like the Pistons from a few years ago. Believe it or not Weems and Derozan actually have chemistry on the court together. Kleiza just pushes Weems aside and for what? I get it BC, you can find solid players in Europe. What does bringing in Kleiza to start over Weems actually accomplish?

So yeah...they're not going to get the top pick, they're not establishing a team culture...and the guys at the top probably know this but would probably prefer making a few extra millions (somehow squeaking into 8th spot) than building a championship team

and that SUCKS!!!!!!

good night

Getting the top pick? YGZ a team culture? That means either playing to lose or being plain silly or both. Give me all the Kleizas of the world

Comment

Naw man...explain this to me:

How does getting Kleiza (a marginally better player than weems) and starting him over Weems really benefit the organization?

my take: possibly a few more wins, which is not neccessarily a good thing, and ruins the whole intangibles aspect of YGZ

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post

How does getting Kleiza (a marginally better player than weems) and starting him over Weems really benefit the organization?

my take: possibly a few more wins, which is not neccessarily a good thing, and ruins the whole intangibles aspect of YGZ
        Dude you dont play sports to loose and get high draft picks. Kleizas a solid pickup and is just entering his prime. If you think Sonny and Linas are equally good then everything else you say past this point means nothing and prooves no one should take anything you say seriously lol... Ruuuu, Kleiza LEAD Lithuania to a bronze medal this summer and played very well. there is no way Sonny could do that at this point. Weems shows potential but Kleiza ranks higher and that is why he starts. Teams should always play their hardest and try to win as many games as they can. If every team that knew they were missing the playoffs by the Allstar break started trying to suck more to get a higher draft pick then why then the league would crumble. Bottom line , sports are about winning. Kleiza was a solid pick up and were only 4 games into the season. the moral of the story is, quit your whining. Clippers and rockets suck this year so far and they may get a high draft pick, go be a clipper or rocket fan so you can have a top 3 pick

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post

What intangibles are you talking about, the overhyped losing kind?
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
            Dude you dont play sports to loose and get high draft picks.
            The players shouldn't throw games, but organizations do have rebuilding years and build through high draft picks all the time

If you think Sonny and Linas are equally good then everything else you say past this point means nothing and prooves no one should take anything you say seriously lol
            I dont think they're equally good, I said Kleiza is better and would probably result in Raps winning a few more games. If you didn't catch that then that proves you cant read and no one should bother responding to you using written communication "lol"

Weems shows potential but Kleiza ranks higher and that is why he starts.
            Again, did I say that now that they have Kleiza they should not start him?

.....etc etc I could go on. Let me guess you're probably upset the Raps didn't grab Dampier to start over Ed Davis too right?

Look at it this way, that new hot shot Blue Jays GM is supposedly doing a great job building the team and everyone is excited. Why? I think he has even come out and said we're building to compete in year 2012 or something. Plus he's shutting down pitchers early etc. Why does everyone agree he's doing such a great job? Because there is a clear plan in place thats happening there. No one said vernon wells shouldn't try to hit a home run.

Same thing with Brian Burke. Actually he's not even a big fan of rebuilding, he came in and traded those two picks for Kessel. BUT he always preaches: start with a goalie, then defence, then top 6 fwds, then bottom 6 fwds. And he even establishes the style: up tempo, forechecking, all players must adhere to "truculence" standards. Leafs are actually in a pretty good spot now. 8th spot in hockey actually means something b/c those teams can win, and they have cap space to add another piece. Anyway, no one can say there's no plan in place there.

And thats just the Toronto sports teams...

Thats the point Im making, THE WORST PART OF THIS SEASON is that there is no clear plan here other than trying to get 8th spot (to me Kleiza is a perfect example of that, but also trying to get Dampier and other stuff). BC is a talented GM in terms of making trades, but IMO is too impatient.

Comment

Ruuuu, Kleiza is a far better player than Weems is. I'm actually quite annoyed with the way Weems plays. He does one thing, and he is committed to doing that one thing and only that one thing, which is shoot. He doesn't pass, he doesn't play defense, he is very selfish. Kleiza is smarter, he takes better shots, can play in the paint. Is a lot bigger than Weems, 2 inches and 30 pound difference.

Comment

yeeeaahh...I see Im pretty much alone on not wanting to have Kleiza around haha. I mean for sure he's a solid player, post up game and everthing...

But I dont know, I would have liked to see Raps just go with the Weems/Wright platoon, makes more sense to me in the big picture

BTW I think a lot of Weems chucking is because its a contract year. Reporters never ask players about it but Im sure thats whats happening right now

Comment

Kleiza is looking like a preseason all star...

Comment

I think in situation you do have to play to lose when you realize thats the only way to get better...

Miami played too lose for 2 seasons so they could re up this season....Indiana has been doing it for awhile trying acquire young players and picks....and i think realizing you're going nowhere this season...playing hard but understanding having the No 1 overrall pick next year benefits you alot more than winning 30 games and being 11th in the lottery is ok in my books.....

Comment

I hate tanking. Teams do it and I think it's terrible for the NBA and their fans. All teams that are in the lottery should have an even chance at getting the #1 pick.

Best idea ever.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        I hate tanking. Teams do it and I think it's terrible for the NBA and their fans. All teams that are in the lottery should have an even chance at getting the #1 pick.

Best idea ever.
                        Yah exatly, why does a team get rewarded for being the worst...

Comment

" Let me guess you're probably upset the Raps didn't grab Dampier to start over Ed Davis too right? "

lol no , i really didinyt care. He may have helped abit but didint really care. It would have been nice to see how Bargs plays with a true center though

Comment

This thread is a couple of days too early, when until we meet Portland and LAL then hide under your bed.

Comment

Working...
                            X