Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Johnson at his best >>> Bargnani

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Amir Johnson at his best >>> Bargnani

    When he plays like he does tonight at both ends with aggression he is much more of an impact player than Andrea....and against arguably the best team in the league with the best front court its on full display.....

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      Andrea was having a off day.

      Comment


      • #4
        Andrea put up 26, 9 and 2 the other night. Amir has one game of 12 and 15 - his best game of the season, yet Amir at his best is better than Bargnani? That's the best laugh I've had all night. Amir can hardly stay on the floor for 10 minutes. When he's consistent and puts up numbers like he did tonight game in and out, you can revisit that statement, but for now, it's just comedic relief.

        Comment


        • #5
          MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Andrea put up 26, 9 and 2 the other night. Amir has one game of 12 and 15 - his best game of the season, yet Amir at his best is better than Bargnani? That's the best laugh I've had all night. Amir can hardly stay on the floor for 10 minutes. When he's consistent and puts up numbers like he did tonight game in and out, you can revisit that statement, but for now, it's just comedic relief.
          I don't understand how one can come to Trife's conclusion. I'm with you on this one, Mango.

          Here's the thing. Amir is a power forward who can rebound, play slightly above average d, and score off of cuts and put backs. Other than that, he's completely worthless.

          Andrea creates his own shot, can hit the post or jack 3s, plays great man to man post d, and is an outstanding passer.

          Until Amir starts creating his own shots, and learns that just because he has the ball it doesn't mean he should shoot, I suggest you refrain from comparing these two players.
          Joshua Priemski
          NBA blogger
          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
          www.RufusOnFire.com/
          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

          Comment


          • #6
            so does this bring his rebounds per game higher than his fouls per game?

            Comment


            • #7
              heinz57 wrote: View Post
              so does this bring his rebounds per game higher than his fouls per game?
              MPG 15
              PPG--6
              RPG--5
              FPG--3

              Those are about the same per game numbers as last season, except the minutes per game are down about 20%.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

              Memories some so sweet, indeed

              Larger Photo of the avatar



              “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

              Comment


              • #8
                Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                MPG 15
                PPG--6
                RPG--5
                FPG--3

                Those are about the same per game numbers as last season, except the minutes per game are down about 20%.
                niiiice... last time i checked he was at 3 fouls per, and 2 point something rebounds.. but its too late and im too lazy to do my own math

                Comment


                • #9
                  heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  niiiice... last time i checked he was at 3 fouls per, and 2 point something rebounds.. but its too late and im too lazy to do my own math
                  Actually the math is about at a fifth grade level at the most

                  Games---------5
                  Minutes-------74 = 14.8 mpg
                  Points---------30 = 6 ppg
                  Rebounds-----24 = 4.8 rpg
                  Fouls----------14 = 2.8 fpg


                  In 2009-10
                  ----------------------
                  Games-------82
                  MPG----------17.7
                  PPG-----------6.2
                  RPG-----------4.8
                  FPG------------3.1

                  http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsam01.html

                  By the way

                  The 15 rebounds was personal career best for one game. He had had 14 in one game previously.
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Nov 6th, 2010, 02:30 AM.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                  Memories some so sweet, indeed

                  Larger Photo of the avatar



                  “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Finally, this is really going to help Amir's confidence. I knew he could do this, and he did it right on time, another off game would have probably destroyed any confidence from himself and the fans...

                    Trife, Amir at his best is not as good as Bargnani at his best.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      3-4 of his rebounds came on a missed shot and he kept tipping it back and forth over the iron but in the end it didn't go in and the lakers got the ball

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        Finally, this is really going to help Amir's confidence. I knew he could do this, and he did it right on time, another off game would have probably destroyed any confidence from himself and the fans...

                        Trife, Amir at his best is not as good as Bargnani at his best.
                        I am not holding my breadth about this being a breakout game. I have no idea what he will do this year.

                        In any case, my guess is that he got a home cooked meal from his mom yesterday and talked to his family about the situation and that might have helped his spirits and game tonight.

                        I am more concerned with Evans.

                        Playing four on five on offense with him out there is really starting to hurt the Raptors, especially in Q1.

                        His rebounds are great but he isn't doing much of anything else positive.

                        I don't know who should start at PF, but it shouldn't be Evans.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                        Memories some so sweet, indeed

                        Larger Photo of the avatar



                        “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I am not holding my breadth about this being a breakout game. I have no idea what he will do this year.

                          In any case, my guess is that he got a home cooked meal from his mom yesterday and talked to his family about the situation and that might have helped his spirits and game tonight.

                          I am more concerned with Evans.

                          Playing four on five on offense with him out there is really starting to hurt the Raptors, especially in Q1.

                          His rebounds are great but he isn't doing much of anything else positive.

                          I don't know who should start at PF, but it shouldn't be Evans.
                          I'm not expecting double-doubles all season long I think if he decides to play, he can contribute so much to this team. But he needs to work on defending without fouling. Amir will definitely have more games like this one, I just hope it can be just a little more consistent...

                          Reggie can't start. Ed Davis can.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            I'm not expecting double-doubles all season long I think if he decides to play, he can contribute so much to this team. But he needs to work on defending without fouling. Amir will definitely have more games like this one, I just hope it can be just a little more consistent...

                            Reggie can't start. Ed Davis can.
                            We shall see what happens.

                            Hopefully Davis can stay healthy when he returns.

                            The last two seasons he has spent way too much time under the knife and in rehab. Could be he has an injury prone body. Two athletes can make the same moves and only one will hurt himself.

                            Hopefully Davis can cut it.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                            Memories some so sweet, indeed

                            Larger Photo of the avatar



                            “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I said Amir at his best,not Amir taking stupid ass fouls and sitting on the bench....When he pkays like he did tonight be is far more impactful to this team thasn Andrea because he does alot more and he makes himself a factor in the game he doesnt allow himself to get taken out of a game because he is aggressive at both ends and forces his work ethic into the game...Whe he rebounds at both ends,plyas good tough D and doesnt over think the game or try to do more than what he is capable you saw tonight at both ends how he can impact a game and against the leagues best team.....

                              A guy who Ds up,rebounds aggressivelty and makes thing shappen around the offensive basket is more valuable than a perimeter guy weho very routinely fades out of games and doesnt give you any grit on the glass at either end....

                              It was evident tonight,of course it was one game but if Amir could do this consistenly he has more value to this team than Andrea...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X