Amir Johnson The Stat Man Is At It Again - RFLMAO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Johnson The Stat Man Is At It Again - RFLMAO

I guess he can disprove the validity of any advanced stat.

Currently he ranks #5 in the NBA in WS/48 among all players who have played in four or more games

and #2 in WS/48 among all Forwards who have played in four or more games

He also currently has the #1 Offensive Rating (RFLMAO) among NBA players who have played in at least four games

He is doing all of this despite ranking #256 in the NBA in Usage% among all players who have played in at least four games.

Amir Johnson the advanced stats eater

I don't think WS/48 or Offensive Rating takes fouls into account

Maybe it would be a good idea for Triano to try and figure out a way to increase Johnson Usage% while he is on the court.

Yea, Yea I think he should

Actually his Usage% is currently at 11.9%. That is only 9th highest on the team.

It was only 4% after game #1

His career Usage% is 13.6% and last season it was 14.5%

I would like to see it up around 17% - 18%.

That would move him up one slot to 8th. At between 17% and 18% he would pass Andersen, on the team in Usage%.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Nov 6, 2010, 08:23 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Bargnani's Hollinger stats this year (before his last game @LAL) were friggin high. He was top 10 in so many categories and his PER was higher than Rondo.

Comment

Tony Battie edges out Dirk Nowitzki in offensive rating, and James Jones leads the entire state of Florida.

Who doesn't love stats?

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
        Tony Battie edges out Dirk Nowitzki in offensive rating, and James Jones leads the entire state of Florida.

Who doesn't love stats?
        ORat is only worthwhile if you use it in conjunction with Usage %, and the two are obviously negatively correlated. It's still the best offensive measure out there when looked at in proper context. There's so denying that, offensively, Amir is a very effective garbage player when he's on the court.

Comment

Thats cool too bad they lost 4 in row.
          "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            I guess he can disprove the validity of any advanced stat.

Currently he ranks #5 in the NBA in WS/48 among all players who have played in four or more games

and #2 in WS/48 among all Forwards who have played in four or more games

He also currently has the #1 Offensive Rating (RFLMAO) among NBA players who have played in at least four games

He is doing all of this despite ranking #256 in the NBA in Usage% among all players who have played in at least four games.

Amir Johnson the advanced stats eater

I don't think WS/48 or Offensive Rating takes fouls into account

Maybe it would be a good idea for Triano to try and figure out a way to increase Johnson Usage% while he is on the court.

Yea, Yea I think he should

Actually his Usage% is currently at 11.9%. That is only 9th highest on the team.

It was only 4% after game #1

His career Usage% is 13.6% and last season it was 14.5%

I would like to see it up around 17% - 18%.

That would move him up one slot to 8th. At between 17% and 18% he would pass Andersen, on the team in Usage%.
            **groan** Buddah, don't you ever learn? lol. Low usage = marginal (i.e. limited) offensive player. Combine that with his inability to stay on the court due to fouling, and basically that makes him the ultimate tease.

If Amir ever averages over 30MPG and 18% usage, then I will shoot freethrows naked from half-court at the next Raptor game. And trust me, that won't be pretty. lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              **groan** Buddah, don't you ever learn? lol. Low usage = marginal (i.e. limited) offensive player. Combine that with his inability to stay on the court due to fouling, and basically that makes him the ultimate tease.

If Amir ever averages over 30MPG and 18% usage, then I will shoot freethrows naked from half-court at the next Raptor game. And trust me, that won't be pretty. lol.
              I don't think Buddah is being very serious with this thread. He's not trying to say that Amir is good...

Comment

Working...
              X