Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePanini
    replied
    Kinda unrelated question, but why is it that the fourth worst team almost always gets either number 1 pick or moves up from 4th pick?

Leave a comment:

• Prime
    replied
    Trife76 wrote: View Post
    english ?
    You don't know it, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    english ?
    Logic?

Leave a comment:

• Trife76
    replied
    Employee wrote: View Post
    Umm... how would making rankings based almost entirely on stats be from his own biased?
    english ?

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    I want want Hollinger is smokin.

Leave a comment:

• Introcollapse
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    The one interesting stat is the Raptors .614 (4th highest) strength of schedule ranking. After Orlando and Miami games it may be top 3.
    I noticed this as well. Part of why I said "don't let the road trip's record scare you." Be patient. Things will get better.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Im not going to waste time being insightful on a terrible thread...His rankings come from his own biased,made up faulty stats no need for any insight or intelligent discussion...all it needs is a quick and effective dismissal...
    Umm... how would making rankings based almost entirely on stats be from his own biased?

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    The one interesting stat is the Raptors .614 (4th highest) strength of schedule ranking. After Orlando and Miami games it may be top 3.

Leave a comment:

• Trife76
    replied
    Employee wrote: View Post
    Thanks for that insightful comment. I just thought it was interesting since his rankings come from primarily a math/statistical standpoint.
    Im not going to waste time being insightful on a terrible thread...His rankings come from his own biased,made up faulty stats no need for any insight or intelligent discussion...all it needs is a quick and effective dismissal...

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    ESPN power rankings dont mean a damn thing lol
    Thanks for that insightful comment. I just thought it was interesting since his rankings come from primarily a math/statistical standpoint.

Leave a comment:

• Trife76
    replied
    ESPN power rankings dont mean a damn thing lol

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    matt wrote: View Post
    Yeah but it wouldn`t hurt to have more of the percentage drop our way. All Im saying is this team should make up its mind, either try hard EVERY night or at least win at home. but dont give 6 straight losses, then 4 straights wins to get my hopes up, and then shoot me again with 8 straight losses, that is effin depressing.
    Tanking is what's wrong with the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    matt wrote: View Post
    Yeah but it wouldn`t hurt to have more of the percentage drop our way. All Im saying is this team should make up its mind, either try hard EVERY night or at least win at home. but dont give 6 straight losses, then 4 straights wins to get my hopes up, and then shoot me again with 8 straight losses, that is effin depressing.
    Follow sports much?

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    It's a lottery. You don't have to be one of the bottom three teams to get one of the top three players. I'm pretty sure the Raptors will finish in the bottom 6 or 7, which means they'll have a pretty good chance at getting in the top three.

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    The explanation of how the ranking works makes a fair bit of sense. But this is still a limited tool in estimating the successes that teams will have. For example, I wonder how a win for Utah tonight (in Miami) will effect their ranking by Mr. Hollinger? A 20th ranking for Utah was not accurate of their talent level before tonight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X