Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Interested in Jason Thompson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    As I said before, if Evans goes and the Thompson for Bayless happened and a third stringer PG was brought in (Brown?), this is what the Raps would have going forward:

    PG: Calderon, Barbosa, 3rd string
    SG: DD, Weems
    SF: Kleiza, Peja, Wright
    PF: Johnson, Davis, Dorsey
    C: Bargs, Thompson, Alabi

    I could live with that for the rest of the year notwithstanding any other possible trade, albeit they'd be thin at guard. Unless Evans could fetch a decent SG.
    Thing is, next draft I'm hoping to draft Kyrie, so having 1 1/2 PGs for a season seems alright to me. And if we really need a PG, Thompson would probably get a lot more interest, I think (Thompson is a better player than Bayless, so I guess it's logical??).

    Comment


    • #92
      Matt52 wrote: View Post
      As I said before, if Evans goes and the Thompson for Bayless happened and a third stringer PG was brought in (Brown?), this is what the Raps would have going forward:

      PG: Calderon, Barbosa, 3rd string
      SG: DD, Weems
      SF: Kleiza, Peja, Wright
      PF: Johnson, Davis, Dorsey
      C: Bargs, Thompson, Alabi

      I could live with that for the rest of the year notwithstanding any other possible trade, albeit they'd be thin at guard. Unless Evans could fetch a decent SG.
      If Evans is dealt, than getting Thompson would be great.

      And I really don't think the Raptors have any problems at SG. Between DeRozan, Weems and Barbosa, I think they'll be fine.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

      Comment


      • #93
        Watching the Bulls and Kings.

        Thompson got the start and is playing one heck of a game. Outplaying Gibson, through three quarters when I am posting this, big time.

        So far

        27 minutes
        18 points
        7 rebounds
        4 assists
        +7

        http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010112723
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

        Memories some so sweet, indeed

        Larger Photo of the avatar



        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

        Comment


        • #94
          Matt52 wrote: View Post
          As I said before, if Evans goes and the Thompson for Bayless happened and a third stringer PG was brought in (Brown?), this is what the Raps would have going forward:

          PG: Calderon, Barbosa, 3rd string
          SG: DD, Weems
          SF: Kleiza, Peja, Wright
          PF: Johnson, Davis, Dorsey
          C: Bargs, Thompson, Alabi

          I could live with that for the rest of the year notwithstanding any other possible trade, albeit they'd be thin at guard. Unless Evans could fetch a decent SG.

          wow... come on now bargs at the 5 ? he can't grab rebs for sh**

          i wouldnt pull the trigger on bayless just yet though.

          Comment


          • #95
            South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
            wow... come on now bargs at the 5 ? he can't grab rebs for sh**

            i wouldnt pull the trigger on bayless just yet though.
            That was part of guessing what would happen next when the trade happened over a week ago now. Obviously none of it has happened and Bayless is looking very promising thus far.

            Are you new to the forum? Bargnani has been playing the 5 for 2 seasons now and his rebounding woes are well documented in many other threads.

            I still think if he is available the Raps should see what the Kings want for him. He started last night because Landry overslept the shoot-around and he had 18/9/4ast/1blk in 33 mins.
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Nov 28, 2010, 10:46 AM.

            Comment


            • #96
              Matt52 wrote: View Post
              That was part of guessing what would happen next when the trade happened over a week ago now. Obviously none of it has happened and Bayless is looking very promising thus far.

              Are you new to the forum? Bargnani has been playing the 5 for 2 seasons now and his rebounding woes are well documented in many other threads.

              I still think if he is available the Raps should see what the Kings want for him. He started last night because Landry overslept the shoot-around and he had 18/9/4ast/1blk in 33 mins.

              yeah im new to this particular forum, i transferred from prosportsdaily to here. bargnani has been playing the 5 but was their any success ? nope.

              if we acquire Thompson and he comes to play the 5 for us. depending on ed davis success at the 4. i might consider trading bargnani for a elite wing player. Example iggy, josh smith, jeff green and granger.

              i'd offer Weems and Bargnani for any of those 4 player.

              Derozan and any of those 4 would be scary.

              Comment


              • #97
                Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Watching the Bulls and Kings.

                Thompson got the start and is playing one heck of a game. Outplaying Gibson, through three quarters when I am posting this, big time.

                So far

                27 minutes
                18 points
                7 rebounds
                4 assists
                +7

                http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010112723
                He finished 18 and 9 with a minus 6 in 32 minutes.

                He ran out of gas in the 4th quarter and Rose took over the game Why did that not surprise me.

                From looking at him I would say that he is about 25 or more pounds overweight at this time
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                Memories some so sweet, indeed

                Larger Photo of the avatar



                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Jason Thompson is pretty friggin good. I always pick him up in my 2k11 association. Him and Thaddeus Young.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    As an Israeli following Casspi Im probably the raptors fan with the most Sac Kings familiarity.
                    Thompson plays hard but he is a complete dumbass. I am not comfortable with a big in his 3rd year who still
                    doesn't understand how to avoid silly fouls. He is not a very nice player. He is a frustrated and frustrating dummy who walks slowly to the bench after commiting another offensive foul and getting into foul trouble yet again.

                    Comment


                    • sounds kind of speculative, but I wouldn't mind picking up Thompson on the cheap, he could be a solid backup 4/5 off the bench (at 6-11, 250 he's definitely got solid size/length compared to most of our bigs), and at 24 he's got a bit of upside. I like his passing, and he's a solid rebounder. Unlike most of our bigs, Jason has a good offensive game as well (kind of reminds me of a Lamarcus Aldridge lite), and he brings some of the same hustle we see from our bigs (not sure how good he is defensively though). I'd rather see him out there instead of Andersen or Reggie.
                      petroleum

                      Comment


                      • adiconfidence wrote: View Post
                        sounds kind of speculative, but I wouldn't mind picking up Thompson on the cheap, he could be a solid backup 4/5 off the bench (at 6-11, 250 he's definitely got solid size/length compared to most of our bigs), and at 24 he's got a bit of upside. I like his passing, and he's a solid rebounder. Unlike most of our bigs, Jason has a good offensive game as well (kind of reminds me of a Lamarcus Aldridge lite), and he brings some of the same hustle we see from our bigs (not sure how good he is defensively though). I'd rather see him out there instead of Andersen or Reggie.
                        Both Andersen and Reggie either don't play for the Raptors or can't play.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X